What car do you drive?

Yea why is that? Isnt camry one of the cheaper ones to insure? Especially if its a 4 cylinder. Either way can't be more than my insurance and its relatively cheap for a German car.

ah yea I forgot. Id never buy a toyota anyway. If I was going to get a Jap car, id go for Nissan

I'm quite fine with Toyota personally. And its great if someone's looking for an economical car.

I like the Nissan 350z. Looks quite good :D

I was thinking more along the lines of a 2009 Maxima, V6, 280 HP, thats more than I need, car I have right now is v6 260 Hp and its pretty quick and not too bad on gas, I get around 21-23 mpg in the city

Just get a Honda. Last forever, built well, great mileage, look good. Honda cars have saved my life on more than one occasion.

We have a Pilot and an Odyssey. Get an Accord, those things look good, maybe a CRV if you want an SUV.

Hmm never even considered Honda, I just like the way Nissans drive, the closest a Jap car can get to a German car, Im really going to miss my c240, won't miss the maintenance fees though

We are thinking of buying a new small car here in India.Which car do you recommend guys?It should give us a good mileage.Budget is around 7 lakh.

Last edited:
We are thinking of buying a new small car here in India.Which car do you recommend guys?It should give us a good mileage.Budget is around 7 lakh.

For a small car, your budget is pretty large. As mentioned above, I'd say do not go in for a Micra. Reasons being,the dealer network is being freshly setup in India and thus you may have some teething trouble with those lot and regd the car- the drive ability sucks.

For the amount 7lacs, you can get decent ones.

Hyundai i20 is a decent option and a really nice car. Offers ample space, good A.S.S [After Sales Service] and nice to drive and park.

I would personally go in for a Honda Jazz, you might feel its a bit over-priced, but its quite zippy and fun to drive. Also, the Honda factor is a good reason to buy it as well.

For 7 lacs, you could also look at the sedans from Ford and Toyota- the Fiesta and Etios respectively. Fiesta is a powerful car and has got a dynamic engine. Esp, if you go in for the diesel variant, you can be assured of a more than healthy mileage. The Etios has been recently launched, and being a Toyota you would be inclined towards it. However, its striking resemblance to the Logan is going to put off many potential buyers.

Hope that this lengthy thread assists you in making your decision and do let us know which car you ultimately select.

Swift Diesel VDi. Use cash you save from the 7 Lakhs to add gizmos to the car - Alloys if you want, a good sound system.

You can look at i20, which is a good car, and if you're looking to go cheap, i10 is good in its class.

Btw, if its your second car, try and get the insurance transfered from your old vehicle. Its cheaper by about almost 60% if you have the 'No-claim bonus' on your old vehicle.
Don't go in for the insurance on offer by the dealer as they tend to increase their revenues via the cross sale of these products.

Just got rid of me bmw x3 before christmas, down graded to a 3 year old vauxhall astra sport, the insurance and petrol alone saves me ?250 pound a month now, wish id never bought the bmw in the first place, as nice and spacious as it is, it just cost me to much to run.
Considering im running my work van aswell the astra is more than good enough for the wife and kids.

Users who are viewing this thread