What cricketers would you like to have seen play?

Sir Garfield Sobers- One of the greatest cricketers that ever lived, an all-round genius, would loved to have seen him live.
Sir Viv Richards- One of the greatest and most destructive batsmen to ever grace the world game. Would have loved to have seen him take a bowling attack apart.
Geoff Thompson- One of the bowlers i enjoy watching clips of most, would loved to have sat and watched him steam in for over after over. Everything from his action, to his hostility interests me, awesome bowler.
Steve Waugh- I never got the chance to watch him play live, i've heard all about him, and i admire his views on the mental side of the game, but i wasn't into cricket when Waugh was around, so i've only seen a few clips of him playing. He's a brilliant batsman though.

For me it would be Dennis Lilee and Sir Viv Richards

Syd Barnes - The Aussie batter. Bradman always maintained that Barnes was a better player than him. Barnes fell out with the board and so played very little before his suicide.

Syd Barnes - The Aussie batter. Bradman always maintained that Barnes was a better player than him. Barnes fell out with the board and so played very little before his suicide.

On the contrary, I'd have liked to see Sydney Barnes, the fast medium spin bowler bowl.

Dennis Lillee and Jeff Thomson in tandem-Probably the best new ball pairings ever. Both played the game in a great spirit and complemented each other well.

Viv Richards and Sachin Tendulkar of '97 play together. Woah..
Then Azhar and Laxman together...Woah.
The Indian spin trio of Chandra, Prasanna, and Bedi..Woah.

Lille and Thompson with Akram and Younis...

And of course...The Don and Tendulkar together. Fantastic.

Viv Richards and Sachin Tendulkar of '97 play together. Woah..
Then Azhar and Laxman together...Woah.
The Indian spin trio of Chandra, Prasanna, and Bedi..Woah.

Lille and Thompson with Akram and Younis...

And of course...The Don and Tendulkar together. Fantastic.

That's an intertesting thought since Bradman compared himself to Tendulkar more than anyone else he had seen. It would be great to have compared them both together.

I would love to have seen WG Grace play. We could see how techinques were at the start of cricket.

I would love to have seen WG Grace play. We could see how techinques were at the start of cricket.

Indeed. He would have to have had a great technique to be able to score runs in that time he was playing. He was also good medium pacer himself to average 17 so a master cricketer. The fact that he was such a character would cause a bit of excitement on field as well.

WG Grace, just to be close to a beard that immense would be great.

oh, and Sobers, all the footage ive seen of him is outstanding

Users who are viewing this thread