What do you prefer ? Homeopathy or Allopathy or Ayurveda ?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I prefer none. An apple a day keeps doctor away.

Ritwik

co-founder
Ayruveda sounds like a load of rubbish from what I've read on wiki....

Well, simply put, Ayurveda is a traditional Indian system of medicine. Its origins can be traced back easily to a couple of millennia, and it has been practiced continously in the subcontinent ever since.

Problems arise when people of certain political or ideological orientations try to present it as some kind of panacea to all ills, and in the process often end up mixing it up with faith or even practices which can best be called occult.

But you must bear in mind that as a system of medicine, it has been used and shown results for a long time, and it does have proper books and practitioners, and does try to understand the human body like any other system of medicine. Ayurveda has also told us a lot about medicinal properties of several plants, weeds and other products of nature [like turmeric, which is now being recognized worldwide for its medicinal properties]. So, it really isn't a load of rubbish as one would gather from the wiki article, which seems to focus more on the faith based underpinnings of Ayurveda than on the medicinal part of it.

pal

International Coach
Ayruveda sounds like a load of rubbish from what I've read on wiki....

Why don't you go tell the researchers at King's College that you disagree with their conclusions?

India drug gives Alzheimer's hope: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/5314826.stm

You've probably conducted a few experiments in your backyard to cure Alzheimer's and therefore, might have some credibility to comment on the validity of varied scientific approaches to medicine, but, you would be better served sending your results to some body of science, rather than opining in a nonsensical manner here.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Exactly,I have seen some cases of cancer which got treated by Yoga.
Yes its amazing but even Aryveda and Homeopathy have their own medicines which are better than Allopathy if you concern about Side effects.

It just they act slowly and people need to take long course of treatment but still it is better than Allopathy in some diseases.

Exactly.
For Example,Liver is one of the Vital organ of Human Body and only Aryveda has found a Medicine from a Plant which has been used as a Hepato-Protector(Protect damage to liver) not only in India mind you.

Whenever you are on a damn earth you have only one effective hepato-protector made by Aruveda.

Ritwik

co-founder
Why don't you go tell the researchers at King's College that you disagree with their conclusions?

India drug gives Alzheimer's hope: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/5314826.stm

You've probably conducted a few experiments in your backyard to cure Alzheimer's and therefore, might have some credibility to comment on the validity of varied scientific approaches to medicine, but, you would be better served sending your results to some body of science, rather than opining in a nonsensical manner here.

Well if you read the wiki entry in question then you'll realize most of what it says actually seems like fluff ...

pal

International Coach
You (collective sense) shouldn't put too much weight on Wikipedia articles, in the first place, but it's just absurd for anyone to draw the conclusion that something is a "load of rubbish" from reading an article like that, especially when there is an abundance of external evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
I can see lack of knowledge here.
Please anyone who thinks that Aryveda means only drugs made from Plants or something then don't post any more in this thread.
First Please Learn What Aryuveda Means?

It is not just one treatment. It is a way of diagnosing illness and using a wide range of treatments and techniques.

Ayurvedic medicine can include:
Advice on diet and special diets
Taking specific ayurvedic medications
Herbal medicine
Massage
Meditation
Yoga and
Breathing and relaxation techniques

Depending on your particular health problems, an ayurvedic therapist may suggest any or all of these treatments.
Aryuveda doesn't mean only a drugs made from plants..

Ritwik

co-founder
I can see lack of knowledge here.
Please anyone who thinks that Aryveda means only drugs made from Plants or something then don't post any more in this thread.
First Please Learn What Aryuveda Means?

It is not just one treatment. It is a way of diagnosing illness and using a wide range of treatments and techniques.

Ayurvedic medicine can include:
Advice on diet and special diets
Taking specific ayurvedic medications
Herbal medicine
Massage
Meditation
Yoga and
Breathing and relaxation techniques

Depending on your particular health problems, an ayurvedic therapist may suggest any or all of these treatments.
Aryuveda doesn't mean only a drugs made from plants..

But drugs made from plants are an important component of ayurveda aren't they? And what you give is a very good intro of ayurveda in the medical sense [and not all the hocus-pocus about soul, dharma, karma etc etc etc] which would've been of immense use to this thread had it come earlier, and had you not presumed that everybody knew exactly what ayurveda means.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Homoeopathy is complete pseudo-science; any positive effects it may have is nothing more than a placebo effect.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Ayurveda is definitely not a load of rubbish. It may take time to work but it does work. I'd say Homeopathy is a load of rubbish. The basic premise behind it is that water has a memory. I think that is utterly ridiculous. Its a smart way to scam gullible people.

Users who are viewing this thread