What does everyone want in a patch?

Mr. P

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey im making my first patch...want to know what sort of things people want tweaked...ie strokes are too easy, hard to play, strokes that you don't like, i dunno think of something as long as its possible...also CPU pacing...by the way this is all Hard mode...

Ive already made some small changes, but what do you reckon? In my opinion the cover drive slog should be near on impossible...

Hi, Mr. P, glad to see you've got the courage to make your first patch. I would like to see a LOT of edges, so you could get many batsmen out off the edge, perhaps 4-5 an innings.

sure can do can do, but not a ridiculous amount yeah?

and if the patch is not too effective this time well don't get too put down as its my first go...

ALSO im thinking of stopping the cpu flicking balls outside off to the mid wicket boundary...it gets annoying and it doesn't look right...i prefer to see them play a straight drive

Oh yeah, not a ridiculous amount. You do find quite a lot of edges in a real innings though, maybe 2-3 missed chances and the odd caught behind.

THESE WILL HAVE TO VARY FROM TESTS AND ODIs.

Wicketkeeper Movements

Dear Mr P,
I have noticed in Cricket 2004 (on default settings) that the Wicketkeeper movement is ugly, sluggish and unrealistic. For example, when taking a catch, the Wicketkeeper movement is very unrealistic. You posted recently announcing that you were in the development stages of your own patch. I was hoping that you could change the animations slightly for Wicketkeepers, so they look smooth, elegant and realistic, not ugly, sluggish and unrealistic. I am sure I am speaking on behalf of many Planet Cricket Forum Users in saying I would like this to be done. It would probably boost your popularity with your upcoming patch. I notice that this is your first try at making patches, so we will not expect brilliance from you at this early stage. :onpc

Yours Sincerely,
Skateboarder 2
Member since January 2004

how bout more movement off the ball...more swing for the quickies n maybe a bit more bounce....
if possible, the cpu shouldnt get any confidence for leaving or blocking the ball.

I think a good patch has to do both these things:

1. Make batting good and fun. Low shot power forcing you to work for fours. Variety of stroke directions.

2. Make the CPU bat realistically. No one (except perhaps hardcore cricketers :D ) like to see the CPU at 150 for 0 off 10 overs. The CPU should score about 4-5 an over in ODIs and 2-4 an over in Test Matches.

I would like it to be a real challenge to take wickets in ODI and Test matches especially when the batsmen are set, also to reduce the effectivness of spinners (if possible)

anything else?

Im looking for specific stuff, ie if a ball pitches on so and so length i want the ball to be hit in such a manner. or i want the computer to bat like such. or i want something to happen at the start of the innings like such

and such and such

Users who are viewing this thread