What is the greatest Wrestling match ever?

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Deserves its own thread.

Mines the Wrestlemania X Iron man match between the greatest wrestler of all time, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. Hart was phenomenal and Michaels was simply awesome as they went 60 mins plus sum.

Hart is the best wrestler, had to wrestle absolute hacks like Yokozuna and had the company on his shoulders for a while.

(The Rock vs Stone Cold or The Rock vs Mankind matches come to mind as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, mine has to be the 3 way tag TLC match a few years back when WWF was good

HArdyz VS Dudleyz VS Edge and Christian

THE BEST MATCH EVER

but back in the days of the Rock, Stone Cold, Rikishi and HHH those were the days wen wretling was good it will never be the same

Deserves its own thread.

Mines the Wrestlemania X Iron man match between the greatest wrestler of all time, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. Hart was phenomenal and Michaels was simply awesome as they went 60 mins plus sum.

Hart is the best wrestler, had to wrestle absolute hacks like Yokozuna and had the company on his shoulders for a while.

(The Rock vs Stone Cold or The Rock vs Mankind matches come to mind as well.

Classic. I never saw it live since I was too young but that would be probably top of the list in terms of matches.

The Rock vs Stone Cold at Wrestlemania 17 was a great one as was The Rock and Hogan the following year.

Last edited by a moderator:
THAT Hell in a Cell match between Mankind and Undertaker

Also, as freddiw said, the TLC Triple Threat match was insane!!!

Wrestlemania 12- Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart
Wrestlemania 13- Stone Cold vs Bret Hart
Wrestlemania 14- Stone Cold vs Shawn Michaels
Wrestlemania 15- Stone Cold vs The Rock

The three way TLC matches between the Dudleys, the Hardys and Edge and Christian. Also, Mankind's hell in a cell matches with The Undertaker and HHH.

HHH's hell in a cell encounter with Batista.

Last edited:
What no Flair/Steamboat, Flair/Funk, Rhodes/Graham, or Flair/Race? Harsh critics. No mention of the clash of Randy Savage and Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat for the WWF Intercontinental Title? Or the clash between Razor Ramon and HBK at Wrestlemania 10? Harsh harsh harsh. :p

WMXIX Rock vs Stone Cold was classic.

Sorry Majestic, we aren't all oldies like you. :p
We haven't see Flair wrestle when he could actually do moves.

Razor Ramon vs HBK Ladder match was up there, but the Iron man match was better.

rock vs. hogan
rock vs. stone cold

and her is 1 for people to think about MITB last year?

HBK vs Hitman iron man
The Rock vs Hogan-that icon vs icon match
Mankind vs Taker-Hell in a cell

Ironman matches are boring.

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker - Hell in a Cell '97
The Rock vs Stone Cold - Wrestlemania 17
Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania 21

And anything Kurt Angle was in.

I want to add some ECW matches into the mix

Eddie Guerrero vs Dean Malenko - ECW TV Title
Rob Van Dan vs Jerry Lynn
Rob Van Dam & Sabu vs Jinsai Shinzaki & Hayabusa
Masato Tanaka vs Mike Awesome
Sabu vs Terry Funk vs Shane Douglas - The Night The Line Was Crossed ECW World Title Match.

Although this is all fake the stuff Foley does look real, Hell In Cell match where Mick Foley was retired by HHH and also Randy Orton vs Mick Foley hardcore match.

Foley was in a lot of classics, I am surprised he can still breath and walk with all the injuries he has appeared to suffer in these matches.

As far as retired Wrestlers go, Foley is in pretty good shape really. Mind you, I think he puts it down to his body being the right shape to take punishment.

Users who are viewing this thread