Your Cricket What is the lightest cricket helmet?

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I currently have a masuri helmet with a steel visor but I want to get a titanium helmet, but what is the lightest and most comfortable helmet?, not the best safety wise as most titanium helmets will do their job if I do get hit I just want to know what the lightest and most comfortable is.

Lightest and most comfortable? I recommend no helmet at all.

Can't, under 18's have too wear one in England. And most helmets would stop the ball from seriously hurting the face and its not really worth the risk anyway.

You have to wear a helmet? That's a bit harsh. What if you don't though? What would the consciences be? But granted i was kicked out of the nets last year because supposedly juniors have to wear a helmet, they did offer me one but i just left the net.
But it is true that collisions with the head increased dramatically when the helmet was invented. Vivian Richards said it's because "Guys who can't hook try to when they have a helmet on".

But i understand why you might want one, personally though i go without.

Try an Albion when i used to wear a helmet i had one and it was very comfortable and it was titanium.

Well last time I didn't wear a helmet when I was in the local nets, my friend bowled a ball on a good length which bounced up off the pitch and it just clipped my ear. Ever since that near miss I always wear a helmet. And I was thinking about getting the albion to see what it was like compared to the masuri.

You have to wear a helmet? That's a bit harsh. What if you don't though? What would the consciences be? But granted i was kicked out of the nets last year because supposedly juniors have to wear a helmet, they did offer me one but i just left the net.
But it is true that collisions with the head increased dramatically when the helmet was invented. Vivian Richards said it's because "Guys who can't hook try to when they have a helmet on".

But i understand why you might want one, personally though i go without.

Try an Albion when i used to wear a helmet i had one and it was very comfortable and it was titanium.

I think you'll find alot of junior competitions have that rule now

That's BS, nobody in a junior grade is fast enough to do any real damage.

What's the stance on parental consult cause my dad doesn't care either way, it's my decision to wear a helmet or not, it's nobody else's decision.

----------

What's the stance on parental consult cause my dad doesn't care either way, it's my decision to wear a helmet or not, it's nobody else's decision.

----------

I'm probably going to get an albion as I haven't used one before and if I don't like I'll buy a masuri and give the albion to my brother.

----------

----------

beetlejuice! beetlejuice! beetlejuice!

I think it's probably a duty of care situation. In the event of an accident, it's not so much about who consents, but whose job it was to prevent it. While at a senior club, each adult would have a duty of care, no junior would have that legal responsibility, so the rule would be to protect clubs and coaches.

Users who are viewing this thread