Which type of connection do you use

• Broadband

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • Dial up

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Go to Cyber cafe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have got DSL which is very reliable and quick. Not sure how quick though. Also have a 14Gb monthly limit which we don't go near.

jdbais said:
I have got DSL which is very reliable and quick. Not sure how quick though. Also have a 14Gb monthly limit which we don't go near.

14gb limit for download? i've never heard of this deal. which place are u living?

i use my internet for my PC and laptop. Internet sharing... With Internet sharing, my connection goes upto 5Mbps download!!! The more network added, the higher the speed goes. My cable can accomodate upt0 20Mbps download speed and 1.5Mbps upload speed (with Internet sharing).

As you can see I live in Sydney, Australia. I am with a company called Optus.

It costs about $100 a month but we have no other choice but to use DSL as there are no cables in our area.

What? 100Mbps??? Man, thats the fastest speed that I've heard of. Is there anything faster?

saisrini80 said:
What? 100Mbps??? Man, thats the fastest speed that I've heard of. Is there anything faster?

Well Sai what company you use? I use Comcast High Speed Internet. I heard that Comcast is raising 1 more speed. Currently now is 3Mbps and now they going to raise 4Mbps.

^ ok...

hehe, im with an australian company called telstra, bigpond. DSL same transfer rate as yours brad.

it cannot possibly be ONE HUNDRED MEGABYTES PER SECOND..! lol, i dont know what that means, but i am still not convinced... youd be able to d/load a full feature film within half an hour at that rate..!

no, your are both making mistakes with viewing your speeds.
ill post a screenshot just now...

as you can see, there are two thingo's, lol i dont have much idea about it, but its obviously wrong, my correct speed on the left, and some totally off speed on the right. i think you two have opened the totally off area connection.. :p

Attachments

• AnyC00001.JPG
    AnyC00001.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 27
THE LAN SPEED DOESN't DETERMINE THE CONNECTION SPEED!

Connection speed is different...

Use system mechanic's speed tester to determine your connection bandwidth!

vibs89 said:
Well Sai what company you use? I use Comcast High Speed Internet. I heard that Comcast is raising 1 more speed. Currently now is 3Mbps and now they going to raise 4Mbps.

I use Earthlink Cable. It is supported by Time Warner Cable here in the US

Users who are viewing this thread