OTHER What other sports should Big Ant do?

Sorry, getting to this thread late. If anything, there is a big need for a PROPER rugby union game. Please don't mention rugby challenge 2 - its an embarrassing piece of crap. I mean a PROPER rugby game with every little tidbit that makes that game beautiful, being modelled correctly especially forward play, scrums, rucks/mauls, and especially passing. If you play RC2, you'll see a prop do a pinpoint 50m cross field pass from one wing to a prop on the other wing and back. Also something that incorporates Rugby 7s.

Another exellent game would be field hockey (from the original post) - I still play this game and absolutely love it. Its so fast and difficult to score (which usually makes it better).

The general way Sidhe have structured the RC gameplay negates even an opportunity to change it into a more realistic and balanced rugby representation. The only positives are the graphics and the licensing. The gameplay requires a complete overhaul. If Big Ant were to take on a new sport, I will count my lucky stars hoping it will be rugby.

Re: Thread Topic... Is "Ashes Cricket 2013" an option?

The general way Sidhe have structured the RC gameplay negates even an opportunity to change it into a more realistic and balanced rugby representation. The only positives are the graphics and the licensing. The gameplay requires a complete overhaul. If Big Ant were to take on a new sport, I will count my lucky stars hoping it will be rugby.

I know. Its horrible. Just playing the AI is offputting...passes flying left/right/centre which is nowhere near real. I put a few hours into it but returned it to EB Games in disgust. Such a shame. Its as if they spent 10 hours updating the RC1 game and changed it to RC2. Their forums are totally dead.

Their forums are totally dead.

Noticed that too, went back on them a couple days ago thinking "I must have missed heaps!" There was about three threads with unread posts, and I hadn't been on for a good few months.

I like sport games.

I have played a few lifetimes of FIFA, I have since 2005 played over 250 seasons in FIFA. I get a real kick from taking any of the bottom football clubs in FIFA (normally Crewe Alexandria) to the Champions league. It is fun building a half star team into a 5 star team over the course of your career.

I have played Tiger Woods Golf since 2007. I really enjoy career mode and building up my player over every season and getting those low scores on the good days. Really enjoyable.

I have also played EA's rugby career mode a few times. They sort of have this world league where all club teams participate. I once again take a team from league 3, normally the Lions and build them up to be the best. I remember one team I had, had all the best players in the world at that time in every single position.

I also played cricket 07. With all its glitches and everything, it was still worth it. I never knew you could patch the game so I just played as it is. I could pass days playing the tours etc.

Other games include baseball, madden and NHL.

Okay so I like sport games, I would really like to see a new rugby game. With a team manager/career mode. You want to be able to control the whole team. A transfer system etc should be in place. Or you know what...

I think I'd like another cricket game more.

I don't know about sports game but I think BA should go for a Train simulator game Like "Railworks" which lacks in gameplay in many aspects... and there isn't any realistic train simulator thus far....

I don't know about sports game but I think BA should go for a Train simulator game Like "Railworks" which lacks in gameplay in many aspects... and there isn't any realistic train simulator thus far....

Maybe the reason is because a game on trains would be deathly boring.

I'd unironically recommend Euro Truck Simulator 2 to everyone; because its a genuinely fun game and not boring.

In the long term (when RLL/DBC are entrenched on the next-gen systems); I think that it would b nice to see an attempt at a realistic American Football game. I'm still playing ESPN NFL 2k5 because Madden hasn't yet topped it; but I think that a smaller developer with a well-produced game might have a shot. Perhaps do it like DBC and have customisable rules (incorporate CFL and NCAA-style rules into the game, and allow free choice of them) and just generally good customisation features.

Shame it will never happen :(

We need a rugby game with career mode and more stuff to play in!

Users who are viewing this thread