What Was The Last Thing/s You Bought? Thread

Average of ?1.20/litre here. Which would be about $7.30 per US gallon. You're still paying under $4/gallon, aren't you?

It doesn't cost us much more than that in NZD! That's extremely expensive for petrol. I would just use public transport if prices were that high

It doesn't cost us much more than that in NZD! That's extremely expensive for petrol. I would just use public transport if prices were that high

yeh, because British public transport is reliable, cost-effective and not crap

Yeah, and buses aren't covered in the urine of the old women who've missed their stops.

I would shoot myself before paying 7$/gallon! That is OUTRAGEOUS!

But then again, everything is more expensive in the UK. Are salaries generally higher?

My last fill up was at $1.15 a litre, so $4.35 a US Gallon. Highest I've paid in my time driving has been $1.64 a litre, and I've gotten as low as $1.02.

I got one of those new Reebok Zig shoes. I hate Reebok, but I kinda like those. I got a white pair, so I can play cricket with em if I wanted to. I thought about getting a basketball one, but I got the running 1s. How kool is THIS

McLOVIN added 4 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Reebok%20Zig%20Pulse%2003.jpg

Last edited:
I would shoot myself before paying 7$/gallon! That is OUTRAGEOUS!

But then again, everything is more expensive in the UK. Are salaries generally higher?

Average full-time salary is about ?22k iirc. Which is about $35k, minimum wage is ~?6/hour for those over 21. It's about 70% tax on fuel last time I looked.

It'd cost me ?2.20 to get in to town on the train from here which is 2 stops. The same journey on the bus is about ?3.80. It's about a half hour walk at 2 miles.

Southern are generally pretty good for reliability. Though it is all expensive. Some of the student cities are better. Cambridge is pretty good iirc.

Public transport in Brighton is excellent. ?10 bus pass for a 7 day week.

Yup, though only used bus a few times in Brighton, more often than not stopping at Hove. Can't think why ;)

Driving in Brighton is just mad, the volume of pedestrians means the lights stay red for several minutes.

Yup, though only used bus a few times in Brighton, more often than not stopping at Hove. Can't think why ;)

Driving in Brighton is just mad, the volume of pedestrians means the lights stay red for several minutes.

Exactly what a City centre should be to encourage good public transport. Restrict cars and give buses priority.

Users who are viewing this thread