What will your career player be?

What Number Will You Bat?

• Total voters

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The very fact that I'm thinking about practising before starting the game makes this game so real. Even in real life you ten to practise before a match or so. :thumbs

sharp7

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Protecting our wicket in career mode is going to be great. This will not only result in realistic run rates. Every six you hit, every free hit you get will be much more satisfying. Also, getting out in ninties, especially at 99 will be very frustrating lol. Imagine the satisfaction you'll get, if your player is able to break any international record. Can't wait for 2 weeks (I'll be able to play from 13th April till 20th April only, sadly)

mrzdt

Club Captain
Oh I won't be slogging... Honestly in real life I'm a blocker cuz I got zero shots in my drawer! A bit easier to play a cover drive with a controller so if it's there it'll go but it's REALLY gonna have to be there cuz I don't wanna get out.

Pathetic really but I was thinking yesterday about how annoying it'd be to scratch around getting yourself in, work your way up to 15 or so in singles, see one and go for the shot and get out. Then thought better just rein in the shots to be safe.

All that over a game!

That is what is going to make this game great

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
I've got the plan of playing multiple practise career modes before finally doing one as me... I don't want to fail myself

dan the man

School Cricketer
Lol, this is too funny! Sounds like we'll all be playing as slow as Mark Richardson :)

I think it's gonna be very interesting going from a couple of T20 games to a Test series and then back to an ODI... It's gonna be hard not to get tempted into taking a shot but and then difficult to get that run rate right up for the T20's.

I think that a very exciting part of batting will be right at the end of an innings, trying to chase down a total while holding a tailenders hand... Or trickier yet, being that tailender doing whatever it takes to rotate the strike and keep your wicket :D this is gonna be crazy good!

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I dont know I want a batsman who can bowl handy off-spin but I end up being shoaib malik which is bad. :facepalm

theodom101

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Gonna try out a few different ones first but I'll probably be an opening batsman wicketkeeper for Straya. Will be a more aggressive batsman, excelling in the shorter forms of the game. Domestic teams will be Perth & WA.

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Gonna try out a few different ones first but I'll probably be an opening batsman wicketkeeper for Straya. Will be a more aggressive batsman, excelling in the shorter forms of the game. Domestic teams will be Perth & WA.

So... Adam Gilchrist minus the test average of 49?

joejoe018

Associate Cricketer
1st game I have to get a quadruple century or a 20 wicket match. :p Or both of course

I will have 3 careers(or more if possible, but for now) :

1= No 3 Batsman with occasional off spin.

2= No 9-11 Batsman with fast left arm bowling

3= No 7 batsman wicketkeeper

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread