What will your career player be?

What Number Will You Bat?

• Total voters
I'm going to try and do better than i did in real life as a youngster, as i never got any higher than county schools team.

Huh?!?

what does that even mean?

You said he would be NZ's answer to Kallis, which if taken literally, would mean that Kallis asked NZ a question. @ethybubs is suggesting that that question was what type of player would be least successful for NZ. All just a joke :)

You said he would be NZ's answer to Kallis, which if taken literally, would mean that Kallis asked NZ a question. @ethybubs is suggesting that that question was what type of player would be least successful for NZ. All just a joke :)

Wow, ok... Great joke bro! :D

My career player (first up anyways), will be a right arm fast/fast-medium bowler who can swing it both ways, and can also pinch hit with the bat.

my career player would be a strong no 5 batsman like Misbah-ul-Haq.

I was thinking yesterday, about having the game and playing your first innings if you choose a batsman... You're really gonna wanna get off to good start, definitely not get out... How you will keep defending, not wanting to get out... Waiting for a bad ball... Playing a defensive shot and thinking after "that was there to hit"... Gonna be quite a mind f... Can't wait

I'd expect you to play defensive to even the widest long hop on offer, I will be very disappointed to see vids of you ever slogging aimlessly!!! Leave the left trigger alone!!!

Oh I won't be slogging... Honestly in real life I'm a blocker cuz I got zero shots in my drawer! A bit easier to play a cover drive with a controller so if it's there it'll go but it's REALLY gonna have to be there cuz I don't wanna get out.

Pathetic really but I was thinking yesterday about how annoying it'd be to scratch around getting yourself in, work your way up to 15 or so in singles, see one and go for the shot and get out. Then thought better just rein in the shots to be safe.

All that over a game!

Well I have not played nets for weeks. Thus from this Sunday, I'd start practising nets again and jump straight into a t20 match as soon as I'd get the game. My approach would be mindless slogging, just to see how AI would react.
Then I'd start my career of a number 6 batting allrounder. :thumbs

I was playing the nets last night, spin on legend, after 15 or so successful sweep/reverse sweeps I thought " I'm on to something here" then I missed one and was bowled and I thought "well i won't be doing that again soon" its quality that a game can really make you think like you would when you bat irl!

Users who are viewing this thread