What will your career player be?

What Number Will You Bat?

• Total voters
That's a fact.
Overtime only interested and well skilled players will top the charts.

Fact? You might want to rethink your definition of fact. Because what you've just said is opinion. And tosh at that.

Leaderboards are consistently manipulated and skewed, whether it be through gameplay exploitations (NBA 2k leaderboards heavily ruined by this, and have been for years), or through hacking/glitching (obviously more mainstream titles are impacted by this)

To think that a 'pure' leaderboard will develop naturally overtime is incredibly naive. People find a way.

Last edited:
I think there is an error in the poll. Number 6 or higher when you've already listed 1-5

People find a way.

Have to agree with this. Whenever a ranking/leaderboard system comes into play, there are always those who manage to exploit/abuse a loophole by hook or by crook. It's sad that it does more harm than good.

Last edited:
I think there is an error in the poll. Number 6 or higher when you've already listed 1-5

It means a higher number (i.e. 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11) rather than a higher position. Incorrect terminology is one of my pet hates.

Leaderboards are consistently manipulated and skewed, whether it be through gameplay exploitations (NBA 2k leaderboards heavily ruined by this, and have been for years), or through hacking/glitching (obviously more mainstream titles are impacted by this)
Nba 2k14 or even the ones before that? it will take atleast a year or two stabilize.
Loopholes and exploitation will happen whatever you do as i have said before.POint system or statsitcs it will happen and the difference between both wont be much in terms of exploitation.Im saying the point system is not much better than the statistics one, while depriving us of cool stats

I would prefer seeing Cricket statistics and various records based on that rather than on a single point based board like FPS, this is cricket game afterall.

I can only imagine people having a hard time exploiting various statistics than exploiting single point system.Also it will be easier to find and fix exploits this way when we have a know on which area is being exploited.

Last edited:
y6yzDZ9.png

Type: Batsman / Occasional bowler
Mentality: Conservative
Batting Position: no. 4
Bowling Type: Medium
Bowling Deliveries: Slower ball ;)
Domestic team: Kent, Mid West Rhinos
National Team: England

A slow scorer (not as slow as @blockerdave ) And i'll never drop one in the slips 'Velcro hands'. The bowling is nothing to shout about if i'm being honest.

Type: Batsman / Occasional bowler
Batting Position: no. 4
Bowling Deliveries: Slower ball ;)
Domestic team: Kent, Mid West Rhinos

A slow scorer (not as slow as @blockerdave ) And i'll never drop one in the slips 'Velcro hands'. The bowling is nothing to shout about if i'm being honest.

Wow, are you the Ben Stokes?

attachment.php

Type: Batting All-rounder
Batting Position: Opener, 6 or 11
Bowling Deliveries: Straight ball
Domestic Team: Somerset

Good at blocking out for a draw for 50 overs without getting bored or, in need of quick runs, smashing the ball to short cover. Just don't ask him to run. Capable of pulling off match winning bits of athletic fielding and catching, but more likely to drop a floating dolly and let the ball go between his legs. Not a partnership breaker or workhorse but can bowl accurate enough to bore batsmen into either smashing him for 4 sixes or holing out to mid on.

Last edited:
Good at blocking out for a draw for 50 overs without getting bored or, in need of quick runs, smashing the ball to short cover. Just don't ask him to run. Capable off pulling of match winning bits of athletic fielding and catching, but more likely to drop a floating dolly and let the ball go between his legs. Not a partnership breaker or workhorse but can bowl accurate enough to bore batsmen into either smashing him for 4 sixes or holing out to mid on.

I'd love to have a player like you in my team :p

That's a fact.
Overtime only interested and well skilled players will top the charts.

You couldn't be more wrong. You had to play AC09 online to find that out real quick. Most of the leaderboards had folks with say "Highest batting average of 3500" etc. which were manipulated by playing buddies online so they could move up the leaderboards. You will see most of online players obsessed with stats & ranking and they will do whatever it takes to be at the top of the online leaderboard. That's the reason you get online quits and that's why one of the key components in online gameplay is how to keep players honest and they are penalised for their rage or cheat quits.

In fact in one of the online game I played people soon found out you are only penalised if you quit the game but if you yank the ethernet cable or lose connectivity you are golden and presto "Connection to your opponent lost" reigned supreme. In fact the best way to get a good online game is to play select few opponents that you have learnt over time will not resort to cheap tactics. This is where PC comes in handy as we will have a mechanism similar to AC09, i.e. have a thread with known quitters and if you are about to play a quitter, you can get out of the game. Or conversely you play the PCers exclusively who have a +ve feedback.

Fact? You might want to rethink your definition of fact. Because what you've just said is opinion. And tosh at that.

To think that a 'pure' leaderboard will develop naturally overtime is incredibly naive. People find a way.

This. I can never really understand why people put so much premium on online leaderboards and winning at all costs but that's the truth about online gameplay.

Type: Batting All-rounder / 1st change bowler
Mentality: Aggressive
Batting Position: no. 3 or 4
Bowling Type: Fast
Bowling Deliveries: Outswing, Straight, Slower ball
Domestic team: Essex

Slow at the start of an innings then slowly building up to run a ball, once past 50 every ball must go down town ;) haha

Bowling - On a good length around off stump swinging away towards the slips.

Users who are viewing this thread