What will your career player be?

What Number Will You Bat?

• Total voters
You couldn't be more wrong. You had to play AC09 online to find that out real quick. Most of the leaderboards had folks with say "Highest batting average of 3500" etc. which were manipulated by playing buddies online so they could move up the leaderboards. You will see most of online players obsessed with stats & ranking and they will do whatever it takes to be at the top of the online leaderboard. That's the reason you get online quits and that's why one of the key components in online gameplay is how to keep players honest and they are penalised for their rage or cheat quits.

In fact in one of the online game I played people soon found out you are only penalised if you quit the game but if you yank the ethernet cable or lose connectivity you are golden and presto "Connection to your opponent lost" reigned supreme. In fact the best way to get a good online game is to play select few opponents that you have learnt over time will not resort to cheap tactics. This is where PC comes in handy as we will have a mechanism similar to AC09, i.e. have a thread with known quitters and if you are about to play a quitter, you can get out of the game. Or conversely you play the PCers exclusively who have a +ve feedback.
I wasnt talking about leaderboard for online matches(kindly checkout a few of our earlier posts im not talking about online matchups thats a whole different topic), i was asking about a leaderboard/statsboard for Career Mode player , So we can have Stats Board, and people can continuously try to set benchmarks with various stats, yes there will always be exploits with all these boards but i would rather have it in stats based system than points based one.

Would be a good addition to the game as addon or something, meanwhile we can always brag records/career stuff here on forums if allowed to have proper threads.

----------

You will see most of online players obsessed with stats & ranking and they will do whatever it takes to be at the top of the online leaderboard.
all the more reason to have a diversified system, which luckily cricket has in form of stats, so there is a number of stuff to get ahead of and a single exploit wouldnt get them ahead in all departments unlike a points system.

Last edited:
I wasnt talking about leaderboard for online matches(kindly checkout a few of our earlier posts im not talking about online matchups thats a whole different topic),

It really isn't. People suck, and will find the easiest way to get to the top of leaderboards.

Without consistent monitoring of a leaderboard by developers, a pure leaderboard is extremely unlikely to exist, whether it be for online play, or a career mode. That's the reality of games now.

It means a higher number (i.e. 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11) rather than a higher position. Incorrect terminology is one of my pet hates.

Is that the correct way of doing it though? It seems to contradict itself.

Is that the correct way of doing it though? It seems to contradict itself.

No. if you are batting at 3, you are batting in a higher position than number 7. A better way to express it is probably saying I am batting up the order and using the order concept rather than the position concept

Maybe a ranking system for players across the teams in your career (in all teams) for batting, bowling and all-rounder.

That way, it really only shows AI and yourself, rather then a whole bunch of people online, and helps you reflect your current ability as a batsman compared to the others playing.

No. if you are batting at 3, you are batting in a higher position than number 7. A better way to express it is probably saying I am batting up the order and using the order concept rather than the position concept

Right. How you've explained it is how I've always thought it was. In your example, the number 3 is batting in a higher position than 7, in the order but not by the actual number. Who would actually refer to the numbers as batting "higher" by position. Sorry for dragging this on, I've just never heard of this position concept. Seems extremely odd to me.

Right. How you've explained it is how I've always thought it was. In your example, the number 3 is batting in a higher position than 7, in the order but not by the actual number. Who would actually refer to the numbers as batting "higher" by position. Sorry for dragging this on, I've just never heard of this position concept. Seems extremely odd to me.

Hold up, I think I've explained it wrong. How the poll says it is wrong, and how you are thinking is right. I was just stating that for some people, the thought that 3 is a higher position than 7 is a weird idea that they can't comprehend. So if you say it is just ordered from 1-11, with 1 being first, 2 being second etc, it makes more sense to them. Most people who follow cricket have a good grasp of it though. Hope I made sense this time round :)

Hold up, I think I've explained it wrong. How the poll says it is wrong, and how you are thinking is right. I was just stating that for some people, the thought that 3 is a higher position than 7 is a weird idea that they can't comprehend. So if you say it is just ordered from 1-11, with 1 being first, 2 being second etc, it makes more sense to them. Most people who follow cricket have a good grasp of it though. Hope I made sense this time round :)

I think you've explained it right as well, haha! The lower the number the higher the position you are in the order. Obviously if you are the first batsmen in, you are batting in a higher position than the bloke that comes in at 8. I'm repeating myself but I think we've got to the bottom of it.

I think we've got to the bottom of it.

So is the bottom of it a higher or lower number or is it a higher position than the lower position of the batting order which indicates the number you are batting whether it be higher or lower in the team?

So is the bottom of it a higher or lower number or is it a higher position than the lower position of the batting order which indicates the number you are batting whether it be higher or lower in the team?

I was hoping someone would catch on when I put that in the post

I think you've explained it right as well, haha! The lower the number the higher the position you are in the order. Obviously if you are the first batsmen in, you are batting in a higher position than the bloke that comes in at 8. I'm repeating myself but I think we've got to the bottom of it.

So we both understood the whole time, and were just confusing each other! :lol

Obviously given enough time, I'd love to try my hand at every player type. I'd begin with a batsman though, with part time bowling ability.

Users who are viewing this thread