What would you like to see patched?

Its so stupid how you cannot view the scorecards for the previous inningsi n a match. Once you are done with 1 innings you never get to see that scorecard again! It also does not tell you what day or session you are in until a break in play. If you pause and look at the scorecard you would have no idea what day or session it was. This is bloody ridiculous

The field often changes back if you do custom fields.. Like if I make a custom field and i edit it again, it goes back to my original. It occurs at the worst moment too.. like it shows the field you want, and immediately once you start bowling, it switches back as if its laughing in your face going ha ha

Also, the lag online with the ball in the air is really annoying.

Also wtf @ fast bowlers being impossibly hard to bat against and everyone else being so easy

playkid12 added 2 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

It's also ridiculous that you can't see anybody's connection speed or ping online. I'm tired of playing against people with lag.

Its so stupid how you cannot view the scorecards for the previous inningsi n a match. Once you are done with 1 innings you never get to see that scorecard again! It also does not tell you what day or session you are in until a break in play. If you pause and look at the scorecard you would have no idea what day or session it was. This is bloody ridiculous

You can look what session it is. Go to Scorecard, then Match Summary. It should be up in the top scrollbar towards the right :)

A major drawback of this game's online system is that there is no "save" option. It's ridiculous actually! You have "Ashes" in your "Create game" list, yet you can't save any game! :facepalm What were the Codies thinking when they did this?

Few more bugs to add to my List

My Other List are here http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...ou-like-see-patched-57450-17.html#post1519428

27.) If you select to play a tournament instead of exhibition , you are not provided with option to play in the league matches , instead you can play only in quarter / semi / finals of the tournaments which i think is ridiculous , takes the fun out of the tournament..

28.) You can save the Custom Field Settings , i dont know why i should stick with thier field setting and why shouldnt i have my own tactics ? this is really horrible , it was there in BLC07 and now its in Ashes .. As i said before , this now more and more shows that ASHES is jsut a dressed-up version of BLC07

29.) the catching becomes sometimes difficult as the game graphics stutters and you press the " Enter " key slightly late leading to catch drop

30.) third umpire decision should not be given my a on field umpire , how simple as that can be ignored ? ? ? ? ? TO DEV : in which you guys saw a stumping / run out decision reffered to third umpire was given by a onfield umpire ?

---------END OF MY BUG LIST ----- HOPEFULLY ----- WILL UPDATE IF SOMETHING POPS UP

Can people at least be realistic, if the developers read this at any point, most of what is being suggested. 1) Aren't bugs, 2) would never be included in a patch as they are feature requests.

so what happened to the famous " yeh we used to read the forum and take in all the comments and suggestion you people give !! " quote fro mthe developers.

More i play this game , more bugs pop up . and I almost feel that this game is just another bug ridden - never to be patched games ...

cant they have simply called two admins / mods from this forum and sent them a BETA version of the game and asked them to give thier views ? that would have solved nearly 99 % of the bugs.

developers should stop thinking as they know everything and put in real people into testing.

Vista is the greatest example. And we all know what microsoft has done with windows 7 , extensive beta testing / more people included in beta testing and so on.

Atleast i am happy that transmission is saying " we are looking into the forum " , whereas some other developers would have simply released and forget about the game.

All i could say is ... Release a immediate patch for " WORST BUGS " like AI AUTO selecting back foot when we play fron foot , AI runouts , graphics glitches / lockups , AI pacing ,this way we can somehow play the game without banging our head on some wall..

Then release the MAIN patch for all other bugs.

so what happened to the famous " yeh we used to read the forum and take in all the comments and suggestion you people give !! " quote fro mthe developers.

More i play this game , more bugs pop up . and I almost feel that this game is just another bug ridden - never to be patched games ...

cant they have simply called two admins / mods from this forum and sent them a BETA version of the game and asked them to give thier views ? that would have solved nearly 99 % of the bugs.

developers should stop thinking as they know everything and put in real people into testing.

Vista is the greatest example. And we all know what microsoft has done with windows 7 , extensive beta testing / more people included in beta testing and so on.

Atleast i am happy that transmission is saying " we are looking into the forum " , whereas some other developers would have simply released and forget about the game.

All i could say is ... Release a immediate patch for " WORST BUGS " like AI AUTO selecting back foot when we play fron foot , AI runouts , graphics glitches / lockups , AI pacing ,this way we can somehow play the game without banging our head on some wall..

Then release the MAIN patch for all other bugs.

well said mate,, see guys i am not alone :D

Its so stupid how you cannot view the scorecards for the previous inningsi n a match. Once you are done with 1 innings you never get to see that scorecard again!
Basic thing is missing.:facepalm I wanted to see the Fall of Wickets of AI and i couldn't. EA are best in stats tracking atleast. Dont jump over me for comparing with EA, but IMO, they are the benchmark of stats tracking in cricket games. As codies have forgot about stats since 99 version.

How difficult is for Developers to include this? Feels pointless to play three match test series/Tournament as we dont have anything to look back at stats after completing the series. so i prefer playing one off matches.

Basic thing is missing.:facepalm I wanted to see the Fall of Wickets of AI and i couldn't. EA are best in stats tracking atleast. Dont jump over me for comparing with EA, but IMO, they are the benchmark of stats tracking in cricket games. As codies have forgot about stats since 99 version.

How difficult is for Developers to include this? Feels pointless to play three match test series/Tournament as we dont have anything to look back at stats after completing the series. so i prefer playing one off matches.

Ditto, completely agree mate. In fact I rank this omission of stats-tracking right up there with the runout/pacing bugs. To me its unforgivable that in 2009 and after a multitude of games where we kept harping on this issue, nothing has been done about it. Especially since developers went on about how this is a cricket "simulation"....meaning it has more realism in the game and proper representation of what cricket is. Well if they dont know by now that stats is pretty much ALL cricket is about then they probably dont know much about the sport and should prob not be the guys making cricket games.

Valaskjalf added 7 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Last edited:

i agree with this.I like a few points in EA games:
1)Stats are best in it(including highlights at the end of an innings)
2)Bowling partnerships.We dont get that annoying(to me atleast) to select a bowler after every over! They are hidden in a menu and are accessible when needed!

Having played the game for a while now, my enjoyment is diminishing.

The negatives are now becoming larger than the positives.

However, if these things can be rectified in a patch, for me at least, the game could overcome it's obvious faults.

1. AI pacing. The openers start brilliantly if you bowl good line and length (well, good line and length according to the game, but that's another issue :p) If they, and the other batsmen who come in, can stop themselves from randomly going into slog mode, maybe we could start seeing decently/intelligent paced AI innings.

2. Can we get rid of the AI bowling reticule. It makes it way too easy to get into perfect position and select the perfect shot. Batting, even on hard, becomes a monotonous precession of see reticule, adjust footwork, get timing right, select appropriate shot...four.
If the reticule only appeared as the bowler reached his crease at least it might replicate the split second judgement professional batsmen need to apply.

3. Why do defensive shots always hit the ball? Can we not have some of those those 'oooo' moments as a batsmen goes into his defensive stance only to have the ball whistle past the edge.
At the moment it's either a successful shot or and edge. There are never any defensive play and misses.

4. Way, way, way too many aggressive shots by the AI. I get at leat 15-20 catchable balls in every innings on hard within the first 50 overs. This is akin to my No 1 point but it's so annoying I thought I'd make another point of it.

5. No balls. Stunning that it got past testing.

6. Stat tracking throughout a series. Incredible it's not there.

7. AI bowling. Too erratic and mis-placed. Way too much short stuff and balls on the legs. The corridor seems to be a distant memory for most AI bowlers.

8. Good line and length needs to be changed to it's real life values. I think, from what I've read, this is impossible to rectify in a patch due to batting grids but it needs to be thoroughly rectified for future releases.

9. Spin bowling. A little bit of a farce due to the length it's bowled at. Again, probably not patchable, but it is so damned annoying.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread