What would you like to see patched?

Good point. This game has been selling like hotcakes, so reward our custom by releasing some patches, Codies.

I mean, an official announcement wouldn't be hard and it would restore people's faith in you after the nonsense with the BLIC 2007 'patch'.

Last edited:
That was a computer! Remember the football game (management style, I remember playing with Trevor Francis in my team!) where the players would score from about 3 positions on the pitch, only?

I remember it well, i use to love my red stick men beating the blue stick men. It was called football manager, dont think its any relation to todays of the same name but if you google it, it can be downloaded for pc, might do it for a laugh one day:laugh

yeah all the basic issues like run outs, bowling speeds, edges, and also Perth and Adelaide stadiums would be great. I can't believe they weren't included in the original release.

Allow the ability to turn off the marker when the ai is bowling, I rack up huge scores the whole time, this might make it more challenging.

Otherwise what everyone else has said.

I'd like to be able to put certain people in certain positions. Like instead of just choosing the field, pick people to go places.

Nah, I mean like put Collingwood in gully. Rather than putting a player there and hoping its him (I am on Xbox mate)

I'd like to be able to put certain people in certain positions. Like instead of just choosing the field, pick people to go places.

Ideally, we'd have a situation where you can just mouse over the radar (fielder's names could be displayed as you do this) and then drag/drop them, that would make it feel much more like being a captain. Of course, that wouldn't work on the consoles version as well as on PC, but it'd be great for the PC.

yeah. Cos like today - Colly was rubbish in the slips. But he is a good gully-point fielder :)

Nah, I mean like put Collingwood in gully. Rather than putting a player there and hoping its him (I am on Xbox mate)

I agree, its stupid to have individual fielding skills points but not let you choose the better fielders in certain positions. No matter what I try , it always puts Monty in the silly positions or slips, lol

My list ...

1.) Why should all the mistimed shots be called edges ? each every time i mistime a shot , they call it as edge , As far as developers think there is only two areas of the bat , One middle and the Edge of the BAT .... , this is pathetic.

2.)The AI can hit any ball to 6 or 4 and it depends on his mood . i bowled same delivery , same spot and same speed, first 2 balls its defended , and when the run rate increased slightly , it hit the ball to 6 from a awkward position

3.)Why does the whole screen look dark .. when the climate is set to cloudy and play against Black player , none are visible . I increased brigtness from my nvidia Control panel , but it increased the brightness in a different way , i mean the game was painted with white , rather than the details of game becoming clear. I think codemaster should increase the brightness of the game to some level.

4.)When a speed bowler bowls and if hits the pads edge , instead of ball running away for a distance , the ball dead drops there as if it a wall.

5.) Why is that when i play a front foot drive and mistime , the ball hits the bat and as if a cotton ball hit a cotton bat , the ball goes slow/ slowdowns after hitting the bat ? there is no physics at all ...

6.)start up lock / pathetic frame rates and pathtic loading time.

7.) where is Anti-Aliasing... the edges of the players ( the graphics part ) look like spike , instead of being smooth.

8.) Spinners are unplayable.

9.) Where is my slow , tossed up delivery ? for spinners ?

10.) How to bowl a slow ball ? / The AI thinks that when the ball is bowled midway int the meter , AI thinks its a bad ball and whacks it for 6 , but instead i was trying for a slow spinning delivery. which i used to bowl in BLC07

11.) why is that the AI wicket keeper takes all those impossible catches ? whtever side it may be .. left or right. he dives and takes .. as if he is superman. PATHETIC !!

12.)the Ball timing is really let down for me . I used to play BLC07 so much that i find it very realistic as far as batting is concerned , coz the timing of the ball to the bat hitting was near to real ... but in AShes , i have to press the key 1/4 seconds ahead of the actual timing . I mean its as if u press and AI decides and play. or say you give command , and instead of you playing the shot , the AI plays. the FEEL is not there. I feel the timing should be slightly delayed , so that it feels more like the user playing.

13.) Why:doh:doh:doh:doh THE HELL DOES THE GAME GO FOR BACKFOOT WHEN I PLAY FRONT FOOT :doh:doh:doh:doh:doh:doh:doh:doh:doh ,
it can be a seriuos problem , especially when the ball is bowled fuller and you want to drive or loft with your front foot.

14.)Why is that the outfield players dont make a dive to save a 4 ?

15.) Why is that the running of the player in always same for all .. i mean , if i hit for a 1 or 2 runs , its ok for the AI Fielders to run lethargically knowing i will take only 2 . but when i hit for a 4 or the ball if going for a 4 , the AI fileders / fielder should pace or say run fast a little bit to reach the ball , instead all the fielder running are same ..

There should defiently be a dive to save the 4`s options.

16.)Few shots look really impossible. Like how many times have seen seen players in teh real world playing a six on the back foot over the bowlers head ? and in ASHES those shots look way too impossible in real life. BLC07 had a better shot playing graphics , style.

I dont why the Developers went on saying BLC07 was horrible in thier interview here in this forum , actually whn ASHES is more pathetic than BLC07.

I loved BLC07 mainly coz the pitch / ground looked very good , it had a pleasing effect rather than a horrible looking pitch as we see in ASHES ( too much of realitic attempt shows off here in pitch and ground )

If there is patch i wonder whether it will be 2.8 GB ?

I planned for buying for my PS3 , but i will wait for the patch and comments here in the forum after the patch and buy. I will buy killzone / infamous instead.

Users who are viewing this thread