What would you like to see patched?

Dont think anyone else has mentioned but I think the test match batsman confidence system needs seriously tweaking. Nearly every decent batsman in the game should be coming to the crease at 'hesitant' (tailenders could be at 'timid').

Dont think it exists in the game but current form could have played a part in allowing an in-form batsman to begin on 'confident' but definetly no higher.

Then the rise through the confidence levels should be much slower forcing players to building an innings.

Yes they can prevent these situations by narrowing the timing zone and increasing the perfect bowling spot from 3 to many and reducing the bad bowl pitch areas to maybe 2-3 spots on a pitch and not anywhere and everywhere.

Also this problem can be eradicated on your level if you stop saving and restarting the game the moment your batsman gets out :p. Anyways jokes apart even I feel batting on hard is very easy. they should narrow both the edges zone which is 3/4 of the total timing bar and the perfect shot zone. Refer to my post on page 3 if you want more details on this.

So true! I always used to do that in BLIC '99. I still do it now if it was a bug that got me out rather than the AI.

MasterBlaster76 added 17 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

I really doubt Transmission or Codies are going to read this full thread. If everything requested is summed up in the first post it would help them a lot.

OK, I'll do my best. :)

Edit: I'll collate all the suggestions that are realistic and that Transmission will think it's worth spending time over. They can't fix everything, and I'd rather the bugs get fully sorted out, rather than we have any new features with half-fixed bugs.

Last edited:
I've gone through the thread and have updated my first post to accommodate the ones that I think have any chance of being fixed. Not trying to sound like a know-all, but I can't include everything. If you feel something really important has been missed out, post it and I'll add it. Remember, really important. Not new animations, or 3rd Umpire screens, or new stump physics (I'd love that by the way). Important gameplay based things, ok? :)

Edit: Mods/admin: you can edit my first post if I've left something really important out, can't you?

Last edited:
I am amazed that you think batting is hard in this game, seriously.

I play on hard and find batting quite easy, I only get out because I get carried away playing shot after shot and get caught in the covers or midwicket.

Not that I am bragging because I cannot get the hang of the bowling.

Mate did you read my post I said the same batting on HARD MODE IS VERY EASY

I've gone through the thread and have updated my first post to accommodate the ones that I think have any chance of being fixed. Not trying to sound like a know-all, but I can't include everything. If you feel something really important has been missed out, post it and I'll add it. Remember, really important. Not new animations, or 3rd Umpire screens, or new stump physics (I'd love that by the way). Important gameplay based things, ok? :)

Edit: Mods/admin: you can edit my first post if I've left something really important out, can't you?

We can, whether we will is another matter. ;)

if nothing else......... I want to see a Third empire screen. How hard would that be to implement. Even the Wii version has it.

Pointless comparison, Wii version isn't developed by TG.

One more thing i dunno if it has been said on here.When online players are running between wickets at times both of them are in same place,And it does not even give a run out if you know what im trying to say here.Because if both players are standing on the other side and i hit wicket on the other one it's out as no one is there.Hope i explained better if not someone should know what im saying here.:D

Big Problem with online players....Yorkers
they are impossible to play and all the gamers are now using yorkers all 5 balls in an over because you just cant play them. you try to play on one side and bat goes the other side thinking its a waist high ball. Please fix this problem as this will destroy online play and logtivity of this game. :help

guys I am not a negative guy by nature but don?t u think we are jumping up and down without even a official statement from codies

AI (runouts and pacing especially) would be the biggie, along with correct bowling speeds.

The issues people are having in getting and staying online are certainly important and should be addressed, but given the ratio of people playing the game offline to those playing online, the AI is the big one, and should be a relatively simple fix on the assumption that it involves tweaking various config files like cricket games past.

Otherwise, Codies, tell us how to get into the configs and the lads will fix it themselves. It's how Planetcricket has made every game released since BLC99 at least semi-playable. :p

suggestion

1) Bounce on the pitch needs to be adjusted like short of good length should generate enough bounce so that bouncers can be used effectively. As lots of people have mentioned good length needs to be altered correctly so that balls dont bounce over waist high as current were the AI whacks it of the back foot just like Chris Gayle!!

2)Secondly the swing factors seems to be more tailored towards the movement of the deck rather through the air. like Fifa were you can decide the amount of curve you want before kicking. May be similar thing may be can be implemented as currently the swing is off the deck which still ok.

3)As mentioed by others timing windows can be reduced.

4)Variation in pitch could be created which i think would be good i dont know whether it can be implemented in the sense like in real cricket when the bowler holds the seam with shiny inside and outside for both inswinger and outswingers even offcutters and legcutters , some times the ball just does enough rather than swing exaggerated of the wicket or some times just hits the deck and straightens enough to induce the edge which can create uncertainity among batsman to predetermine their shots.

5)Varied forms of dismissal is desperately missing like LBW,bowled etc and no runouts for god sake except the final few overs in one day or twenty twenty.

6)May be the bowling cursor should be moving constantly at the start of delivery point rather than giving us the option to perfectly place the cursor for each delivery which makes many people bowl the same balls 6 times an over

7) AI needs to use differently deliveries and different lengths while bowling and may be even try some swap of fields to restrict user scoring freely like may be keep defensive fields once 2 or 3 boundaries are hit in the over. and if the wicket fell start with an attacking field and bowl a probing length to the new batsman with Timid as confidence as mentioned by some people which is good

Last edited:
Hey don't get ahead of yourself. Some of us don't even have the full game yet.

1) Edges should fly to the slips. lifeless edges is one of the main reasons
why i could make 1012/0 !

2) CPU AI Pacing. even in test matches, they are always in T20 mode.

3) variations in the deliveries. its either too short or too full.

4) AI Runouts

5) more pronounced swing over the pitch rather than off the pitch.

6) Proper player ratings.

you fix that and this game will be so much better ! :)

I've changed the title to better reflect the purpose of this thread (and to stop the questions about what a WHM is).

quick single

i think there should be a key to control even the non-striker.,in case of getting quick run :P

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread