What would you like to see patched?

Re - PC version of the game.
I would like to play more online matches. Currently you basically have to sit and wait for someone to join a created match. So you are restricted to just sitting around for someone to join and after a while get bored and go play a match against the cpu. So I think a lot of people are just missing each other as people log in and out of the online setup. To encourage more online match up I propose a simple tweak:

You log in to online match up but then can go away and play cpu matches. Whilst doing so someone can send you an invite to an online match up and you get a flashing icon showing this invite whilst playing your cpu match. I think this will encourage a lot more online play which I enjoy.

cheers

I want to chip in with a few more...

a) Get rid of the offspinner glitch, where wickets fall too easily to them with the one delivery
b) Add some 'wobble' to the bowling marker. Makes things a bit more challenging when bowling :D

ZoraxDoom added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Re - PC version of the game.
I would like to play more online matches. Currently you basically have to sit and wait for someone to join a created match. So you are restricted to just sitting around for someone to join and after a while get bored and go play a match against the cpu. So I think a lot of people are just missing each other as people log in and out of the online setup. To encourage more online match up I propose a simple tweak:

You log in to online match up but then can go away and play cpu matches. Whilst doing so someone can send you an invite to an online match up and you get a flashing icon showing this invite whilst playing your cpu match. I think this will encourage a lot more online play which I enjoy.

cheers
I like this idea.

How does the off spinner glitch work? I still get slammed for boundaries most balls/
Same here tried all sorts of things. Harbajan went for 20 runs in one over :doh

How does the off spinner glitch work? I still get slammed for boundaries most balls/

Its possible to get batsmen out stumped very easily with a spinner. I think that is what he is talking about. I've done it a few times myself by accident, but cannot remember specifically what you have to do.

I've stopped using spinners in this game full stop.

Its possible to get batsmen out stumped very easily with a spinner. I think that is what he is talking about. I've done it a few times myself by accident, but cannot remember specifically what you have to do.

I've stopped using spinners in this game full stop.

Oh yeah I see the point, I was expecting that the batsmen will be bowled or something. This stumping happened when I was playing against England and the last 4 wickets were stumped by Dhoni.

Hmmm we have discovered more bugs than expected but still the game is enjoyable. :)

another question :

why does the game think that full and outside off is a better area
than on the off stump and good length ??

Yea, that's been suggested. Change what is considered a good length/add new, more realistic areas for a good length.

I don't see how a patch could fix that. With online play you could only play patched players or something otherwise where would you bowl.

Hmmm. It could be fixed in a patch, I guess, but you bring up a good point...

Send an email to all the people who have bought the game (You'd have to register it, won't you?) telling them about the patch. If they play online without the patched version, a message could pop up asking them to patch it.

Can someone explain whats that off spiner glitch is?? Didnt happen in my playtime. One strange thing did occur, i started with normal off spin and placed the marker on the good length near middle stump, at the last moment i changed it to the doosra and when the bowler delivered the ball it magically swung in air about a feet towards off stump. Umpire called it wide.

P.S: For those who are having problems with antialiasing, try playing atleast 5 feet away from the screen;). I am not joking. I have a Xbox Controller so i am now playing 6 feet away from my PC. Most of us would have a LCD of atleast 21'' so such a small distance wont matter. But this fools our eyes and everything looks spectacular. I told this to one of my geek friend and he said i am doing antialiasing manually(:what) . He explained " in antialiasing, the GPU generates a image at very high resolution and then compresses it to your selected resolution to remove jagged edges. By sitting away from PC image size is slightly compressed to what i was getting when i was 1 feet away. Thus it resulted in a form of manual antialiasing. Yuppiieeee. If only i had a better camera, i would have recored it to proove. (console boys, game looks way way better after this fix on PC)

AngryPixel added 5 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

On Topic:(dont flame me for this:p)

When we play better with a player a skill point is unlocked for him. This is a good thing but TG forgot to add some sort of indicator in suads which would indicate that this player have some skill points left. Coz generally i dont upgrade my player after every match, i let them have 10 or 12 skill points. So i had to look inside every players skill editor to know whether he got any new points or not. This is time consuming as we wont remember who had new skills if we forgot to upgrade him last night. So it would be good if they add a small indicator next to the players name which would blink when we enter player editor and view players in squad.

What has worked for me is you pitch about leg and leave a decent bounce on the ball. Short but not too short. Make the spin 100%, the ball will cut across the batsman. If no shot is played the keeper catches it and then the AI will just casually move out of the crease and the keeper will stump.

P.S: For those who are having problems with antialiasing, try playing atleast 5 feet away from the screen;). I am not joking. I have a Xbox Controller so i am now playing 6 feet away from my PC. Most of us would have a LCD of atleast 21'' so such a small distance wont matter. But this fools our eyes and everything looks spectacular. I told this to one of my geek friend and he said i am doing antialiasing manually(:what) . He explained " in antialiasing, the GPU generates a image at very high resolution and then compresses it to your selected resolution to remove jagged edges. By sitting away from PC image size is slightly compressed to what i was getting when i was 1 feet away. Thus it resulted in a form of manual antialiasing. Yuppiieeee. If only i had a better camera, i would have recored it to proove. (console boys, game looks way way better after this fix on PC)

Alternatively, you could just force AA through your graphics card settings ;)

Users who are viewing this thread