What would you like to see patched?

is it possible to include anti-aliasing for PC in this patch?

I'd say it is, but I don't think they'll include it. Just force it from your GPU's external settings.

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

The bowling, in my opinion, needs major tweaking if it is going to possible to get enjoyment out of it. I've just played a game as an experiment, every single ball in the light green zone outside of off stump, hitting the perfect matching colour each time, and mixing up deliveries.

The results were, put simply, perfect Test batting by the AI. Katich took 25 balls to get off the mark, Hughes was restrained and played each ball on its merits. The major flaw with the system is therefore exposed - the AI appear programmed to react to the colour system itself, rather than taking into account length, swing, pace etc. Hit light green and light green, they defend. Hit dark green and dark green, you get smashed. In principle, it sounds like a good idea.

The major problem is that the light green area is a) too small, and b) in the wrong place entirely. The system needs serious work, the game punishes variation and instead encourages monotonous bowling in the same small area outside off stump. Therefore, you are basically unable to get LBW decisions, or clean bowled strikes. The only way in which a batsmen appears to be able to get bowled is to chop onto his own stumps.

I've attached the pics of the test match, along with the pitch maps of Anderson and Broad. You can see where a slight miss of the right area is punished by a rare green dot, indicating a boundary.

Agreed; the pitchmaps don't seem to be working as they should - the lengths are all messed up to start with.

You try playing against it mate. I was four wickets down at the time with Michael Hussey and Haddin (IIRC) at the crease - not playing with two tailenders. Despite them being high in confidence, with him bowling in the yellow consistently with the fast bowler, the timing window was tiny. That in itself wasn't a big issue - the problem was that if I did time it, it was almost always a catching chance, either by one the close fielders or the bowler.

There are two main problems with short fielders in this game:
  • They have a very large area of effect, particularly the short cover. Anything played between wideish mid off and forward point can present a catching opportunity for short cover.
  • The game slows down close catches too much. Even if you make a good connection with the ball and the fielder is only a couple of metres from the bat the fielding player gets a a comparatively large amount of time with the ball green to secure the catch. Considering how quickly the ball is going to the fielder it should be much shorter.

With catches behind or to the slips I can understand it slowing down more as you must have edged it and so clearly made a mistake.
As I say, play against him using it and see what you think. If you're happy with it after that, then good for you - your free to use it against anybody else who agrees it's okay. However, I and apparently many others clearly feel it is too effective when you would never use it with a fast bowler in a Twenty20 IRL (if ever).

This.......

Finally, some slip catches. I was batting though. Has anyone got a slip catch off of a Fast-Medium bowler? Fast bowlers are actually a challenge.

Finally, some slip catches. I was batting though. Has anyone got a slip catch off of a Fast-Medium bowler? Fast bowlers are actually a challenge.

I have never had one carry to slip from anything above a spin bowler

ive had a few catches to first slip off fast medium bowlers... most of them go to the keeper though... but i havent had any to 2nd or 3rd slip... they more just stop balls that could go for runs

In addition to my little list earlier:

7. AI no balls - I've just finished a full days play against Australia and they conceded 46 no balls. That is just ridiculous. In the first test of the real Ashes series there were 23 no balls in total! 23 at Lord's as well.

8. Recommended length - I doubt this will be fixed but it needs to be. See THIS POST for why.

9. Why is Marcus North opening the bowling on day two of a test match when the new ball was taken 10 overs before the end of day one?

10. Bowlers bowling around the wicket to right handers etc.

Did I mention make it harder in my last post? Oh I did, but I'll mention it again. MAKE IT HARDER.

what i want gone is the stupid stupid stupid! did i say STUPID shot that the ai plays around the corner when you bowl outside off stump... it just really annoys me that i bowl it a foot outside off and they play this ugly shot around their pads all inside out with no technique for a single to fine leg...

something minor but it just bugs me

i wish they fix the online stuff..I have good broadband connection but have been able to join only one game rest all the games I have to host

i get quite a few catches caught of slip ussualy when im batting. Only in the first 10 overs after that they dont seem to carry,but in the first 10 overs i dont cover drive as i ussually get caught at slip. When im bowling i usually get catches at slip due to them triying to guide the ball to 3rd man.

Running just keeps getting worse

The last three matches I've started, after approx 5-6 overs of play, the batsman run half way and stop thus getting run out every time. What's going on?! How can this sort of bug be missed during testing?

I've even reduced my settings (even though my comp more than meets the recommended specs!) due to the jerky and sputtering graphics just so that I can play and try to enjoy this game but bugs like the one above really spoil any chance of this happening.

I've got to say that its an absolute disgrace that Codemasters would publish a game of such inferior quality. Yes there's plenty of content and all that but all the interviews etc that I've read from the guys a Transmission prior to release was around how they had spent years trying to make sure that the AI and gameplay is great. BS!!!! I'm sure they knew about all those bugs before releasing the game and I think it's bordering on illegal to sell such a low quality product.

If it sounds like I'm upset then I am :) I'm happy to hear that there is a patch in the works and I really hope that they address all these niggly and annoying bugs.

As far as I'm concerned, this patch is really the last chance for Codemasters if they want to get any more money out of me in future.

Users who are viewing this thread