What would you like to see patched?

I haven't got my game yet but I'm sure this is still in the final version..
I'll confirm it when I get my copy..

In two player co-op mode, if your partner decides to run and you deny the run by staying in ur crease.. On running out, the umpire gives you out..

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but I've heard about ppl getting out on Free Hits in ODI and T20..

What needs to be done in a patch? Quite simple:

1. The AI bowling is crap and needs to be improved massively. As I've said in another thread, it is very easy to go at a huge run rate without taking chances. They bowl generally too full (even fuller than the supposedly good length) or too short and will bowl that length for a whole over. Hard really isn't hard at all.

2. The AI batting is crap and needs to be improved massively. What the hell is up with them going from defending everything to then playing a shot a ball and scoring at 10-an-over when your still bowling good balls? That's not test cricket, hell its not any form of cricket that I can think of.

3. The AI field placings. These are truly awful.

4. The AI run outs.

5. The effectiveness of short cover, once again I don't think I need to expand on this one.

6. There are too many edges falling short of the slips. However, having dismissed India (the best batting line up in the game?) for under 200 twice in one match, perhaps its just as well the majority don't carry.

Basically it needs to be made a A LOT harder.

I'm sure I can think of some other stuff.

I've changed the title to better reflect the purpose of this thread (and to stop the questions about what a WHM is).

Good idea. I went through the thread and I think I've picked up the majority of the critical problems and one or two lesser ones as well.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

I haven't got my game yet but I'm sure this is still in the final version..
I'll confirm it when I get my copy..

In two player co-op mode, if your partner decides to run and you deny the run by staying in ur crease.. On running out, the umpire gives you out..

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but I've heard about ppl getting out on Free Hits in ODI and T20..

If you can confirm it in the full game, I'll add it to the first post. :)

I saw something odd in the last two matches I've played.

On a couple of occasions both batsmen would end up down the same side of the pitch after they canceled running. From this I got one run out in 4 instances, as for some reason the fielder with the ball in his hand at the end with the two batsmen saw nothing unusual and failed to take the oppurtunity.

Not sure why this happened...

What needs to be done in a patch? Quite simple:

1. The AI bowling is crap and needs to be improved massively. As I've said in another thread, it is very easy to go at a huge run rate without taking chances. They bowl generally too full (even fuller than the supposedly good length) or too short and will bowl that length for a whole over. Hard really isn't hard at all.

2. The AI batting is crap and needs to be improved massively. What the hell is up with them going from defending everything to then playing a shot a ball and scoring at 10-an-over when your still bowling good balls? That's not test cricket, hell its not any form of cricket that I can think of.

3. The AI field placings. These are truly awful.

4. The AI run outs.

5. The effectiveness of short cover, once again I don't think I need to expand on this one.

6. There are too many edges falling short of the slips. However, having dismissed India (the best batting line up in the game?) for under 200 twice in one match, perhaps its just as well the majority don't carry.

Basically it needs to be made a A LOT harder.

I'm sure I can think of some other stuff.

Six of the best. Couldn't agree more on the penultimate sentence. It's the crux issue in the game. Scoring at 15rpo on hard vs the AI?

The bowling, in my opinion, needs major tweaking if it is going to possible to get enjoyment out of it. I've just played a game as an experiment, every single ball in the light green zone outside of off stump, hitting the perfect matching colour each time, and mixing up deliveries.

The results were, put simply, perfect Test batting by the AI. Katich took 25 balls to get off the mark, Hughes was restrained and played each ball on its merits. The major flaw with the system is therefore exposed - the AI appear programmed to react to the colour system itself, rather than taking into account length, swing, pace etc. Hit light green and light green, they defend. Hit dark green and dark green, you get smashed. In principle, it sounds like a good idea.

The major problem is that the light green area is a) too small, and b) in the wrong place entirely. The system needs serious work, the game punishes variation and instead encourages monotonous bowling in the same small area outside off stump. Therefore, you are basically unable to get LBW decisions, or clean bowled strikes. The only way in which a batsmen appears to be able to get bowled is to chop onto his own stumps.

I've attached the pics of the test match, along with the pitch maps of Anderson and Broad. You can see where a slight miss of the right area is punished by a rare green dot, indicating a boundary.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-12 16-03-54-72.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-12 16-03-54-72.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-12 16-05-04-67.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-12 16-05-04-67.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 38
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-12 16-08-19-21.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-12 16-08-19-21.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-12 16-09-50-32.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-12 16-09-50-32.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-12 16-09-58-17.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-12 16-09-58-17.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-12 16-10-05-71.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-12 16-10-05-71.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-12 16-18-01-65.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-12 16-18-01-65.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 41
AI batting aggression in tests

AI Batsmen being dumb and running each other out

Ball bounce according to distance from stumps is not correct

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us edit England and Aus abilities. I can understand not allowing us to change logo's and stuff? but you can't of liscended abilities, especialy ones this Crap.

Collingwood Fielding 76
Flintoff Fielding 84

etc etc

Please please please do something about the quitters online. at least let us have the stats from the quit matches. More than 90% of games are quit in the last few overs

The bug where the bowler hits the stumps during his run up and when he bowls the batsman can't move and thus you lose your wicket if the ball is bowled at the stumps. Could probably be worded better.

hi. first ever post.
got the game today on 360 (in aus). have a few impressions on what should be fixed for the patch. as previous posts have said, batting even on hard is way too easy. the list of things i think need fixing (which will make the game harder).
  • bowling speeds should be realistic. spinners bowl faster than medium pacers but everyone here knows bowling speeds is a major problem
  • bounce off the wicket - way too much and eliminates a lot of balls that could bowl or get someone lbw
  • perfect timing area could be smaller on hard. hard mode should be really hard.
  • get rid of the shot placement sector from the field graph when your batting. makes picking gaps way too easy.
  • bowling marker should appear later in the bowler's runup when youre batting making it more of a reflex to play shots (as it is in cricket)
  • ai currently bowl way too many no balls
  • ai drop way too many catches. i havent played on easy but given their strike rate at success on hard i dont reckon theyd touch the ball on easy
  • ai field placings and bowling. they'll set an offside field and then bowl at my pads or have a ring field and bowl outside off. it seems they bowl in the place u wouldn't want them to bowl for the field set (from a fielding captains point of view)
  • please let us edit aussie and english players skills attributes - so if we find it too easy we can adjust things accordingly

having said the above things i would like to say well done to transmission games for putting this together. i reckon its an excellent start of hopefully a progressive series and i think they could easily surpass blic99 with their next game if they really knuckle down and listen to the people here.

2 other things i forgot to mention:
  • edges off fast bowlers should 9/10 carry to the slips, especially if its an aggressive or power shot. defensive shots its understandable if the fall short every now and then but on the whole the ball should carry.
  • why cant we play australia vs australia or two of the same teams in tests, odis and t20s becuase when i play my brother we both like to play as aus and it also evens the game for us making it more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread