what's next for cricket games?

P

pecky43

It's great to have a small collection of cricket game for my playstation (shane warne cricket, cricket 2002 and 2004) but I have to say I always look forward to the next title. While 2004 was hyped up beyond belief (mainly by us the fans) it did deliver some good features and, a lot of bugs. I know these bugs are something which gets under all our nerves and they have a way of destroying what could have potentially be a really good game. (I won't make a list of what they are, we all know what they are!)
The reason I am making this post is because whenever I have a look around the EA website I like to look at what features other game have in comparison. Eg one of their baseball games has a feature where as the game progresses the players uniforms become stained depending on where they have been sliding etc. Wouldn't it be nice just to have these little features and no bugs.

I think we should start telling EA and HB studios what we want (they have listened in the past) for the next game because we all have ideas which are really quite clever and some very talented people here who "fix" the rubbish they throw to us to make it playable, I for once would like a cricket game to be perfect, thats not asking for much. Someone shoud tell them not to rush development for christmas or holidays, happy thoughts we are going to buy the game anyway!

well the main issue that strps in is the budget...the reason why cricket games are not like the other sports games is very much due to its famousness too...its not that famous in the US you see and so only the EA of UK & AUS make and support it ( rugby as well ) so untill and unless these ppl dont find a good backup from any producer...this game will end up like c2002 & c2004....sadly :wacko:

i think now codemasters will release a cric game on brian lara again cuz he have acheived new record of 400*

well I didn't know that! I wonder why it doesn't have the saem charm, is it because it got a whole lot more serious, I spose it had to!

well I didn't know that! I wonder why it doesn't have the saem charm, is it because it got a whole lot more serious, I spose it had to!

well the thing is that Brian Lara cricket that released on the PC & PS were both actually modified versions of the BLC already famous on the SEGA console during that year...There wasnt much difference except for the graphics...but c2002 & c2004 are a total new platform...having front foot/backfoot shot selection and more make it a more complicated game then any of the BLCs

Lets hope the next game will be better ( if they release one ) ^_^

Cric 2004 is heavily based on BLC,although Cric 2002 seems almost entirely different.

Well the big question is will EA take on another Cricket game from HB as the big disappointment
from Cricket 2K4 was the bugs...so will it leave a mark on EA's pretty good games reputation...
I have serious doubts as to whether it reached EA's QA dept as they would surely have picked up on
some of those bugs...

I reckon HB should approach (rather than ignore) some of the guys on this site to test out
future games as looking at all the bug related postings, "you lot" found quite a few to say the least ;D:

Steve S.

Im still playing cricket2004 but i want sumthing new in cricket 2006 or any other cricket game.Like i want 3d crowd with boards new tournaments like natwest and i want alll players faces real ones it could happen if ea or codemaster make a game on xbox :OOO:

Well, I just dont care if the game is on 1 CD or 2. I want a game which has all the good feature like ral face. Look at FIFA , the faces are just awsome. They are all 3D models and not a png file. All EA need is competition and there is none so they know whatever they create, the fans will be left with no other choice to buy it. And it is left to us to modify it and make it a lot better. What basically going on is that EA is buying the rights and HB is gathering the files. We are creating the gameplay. And people are playing it. So technically. EA should also pay the guys here who are creating the patches and all the stuff. Instead what they're doing is zipping all the files up in a .gob file to make things more difficult. Why dont they want us to edit the game where they have left empty spaces. I think next time EA decides to create a cricket game, they should hire the people from this forum instead of HB. Atleast there wont be any bugs.

Well looks like EA doesn't want to create more problems by increasing the number of CDs according to you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread