Your Cricket Whats your score?

badvintage

International Cricketer
My last game went for 10 for 4 in a 10 over match.
I bowled one over giving up 5 runs.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well had a very solid start to the season. Somehow got dropped to 4th grade after having being the top wicket taker for the club in 3rds last year. But now out until the end of the year since I'm going to England so I'll be back for the One Day final if we make it otherwise will be the two day games next year :p

But anyway, my season so far:

Round 1 (4th Grade - 2D): 11, 4/13 (13.3) and 3/28 (13)
Round 2 (4th Grade - 2D): 0*, 0, 8/48 (10) and 3/69 (16)
Round 3 (3rd Grade - 1D): DNB and 1/23 (4)
Round 4 (4th Grade - 1D): 15 and 4/4 (3)
Round 5 (3rd Grade - 1D): DNB and 1/12 (3)

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Very rarely play nowadays, evident in the fact that my flipper no longer reaches the other end, need to practice a lot.

I remember one day I was promoted to #3 and smashed 70 being a bowling AR, was a massive day for me.

----------

Yesterday played at my cousin's place. I got out for a duck, dropped two catches and took 1/33 off my five. :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Sounds like something I would do :p

Well actually, just the duck and maybe dropping two catches if I'm having a horrid day in the field. Not sure what's happened to my fielding form this season, took 4 catches in my first 2 matches, then have dropped 2 catches since. Then again, I was fielding in the positions I can't field for those, fine leg and mid off. I swear those are the only positions I can't catch a ball. Taken two at cover, one at gully and one off my own bowling. A little awkward I haven't taken a catch at point yet, but then again, I get no catches hit to me there. People need to learn to play the cut shot in the air more :p

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sounds like something I would do :p

Well actually, just the duck and maybe dropping two catches if I'm having a horrid day in the field. Not sure what's happened to my fielding form this season, took 4 catches in my first 2 matches, then have dropped 2 catches since. Then again, I was fielding in the positions I can't field for those, fine leg and mid off. I swear those are the only positions I can't catch a ball. Taken two at cover, one at gully and one off my own bowling. A little awkward I haven't taken a catch at point yet, but then again, I get no catches hit to me there. People need to learn to play the cut shot in the air more :p

I love (backward) point. I'm not exactly a typical point-man, being about 6 foot 5, but I dive around a lot and make up for being a little slow across the ground with a massive wingspan and bullet arm. Also, only misfielded once and dropped two catches last season - once diving back, full length, over my shoulder at point for a skier, and once diving forward on the boundary.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Recently played against my friend with a taped ball, and hit it in to some guys garden. My friend went to get it by climbing over the fence and got shouted at by some random guy for trespassing.

But apart from that, most games of cricket usually turn in to friends going to the shops and then we sit an talk

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Played with a few 20 year olds. Bowled with seam up as there was nothing in the pitch (we have a good hard cricket pitch in our ground) for the spinners. Surprisingly, the guys were feeling that I was bowling too fast which was obviously not the case to be honest. I was getting awkward bounce from the fuller length and their in-expertise to play pace did the trick for me. Got 4 wickets in 4 innings but it was funny to see the batters struggle against my pace which was just about medium pace (not even a shade more). That said, there were a few 2Wds and a couple 3Wds as well as I struggled to get the line right initially. Poor wicket-keeper.

Shaharyar

Chairman of Selectors
Played with a few 20 year olds. Bowled with seam up as there was nothing in the pitch (we have a good hard cricket pitch in our ground) for the spinners. Surprisingly, the guys were feeling that I was bowling too fast which was obviously not the case to be honest. I was getting awkward bounce from the fuller length and their in-expertise to play pace did the trick for me. Got 4 wickets in 4 innings but it was funny to see the batters struggle against my pace which was just about medium pace (not even a shade more). That said, there were a few 2Wds and a couple 3Wds as well as I struggled to get the line right initially. Poor wicket-keeper.

Playing with hard ball or a tennis ball if we try to bowl more faster then we usually do it often happens that our line get disturbed and we start bowling wides so always bowl with the pace you normally generate and keep bowling on the off stump channel without giving any width.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Playing with hard ball or a tennis ball if we try to bowl more faster then we usually do it often happens that our line get disturbed and we start bowling wides so always bowl with the pace you normally generate and keep bowling on the off stump channel without giving any width.

Actually, I bowled medium pace after a long time which was the reason that I couldn't get the line right. I've lost a bit of pace too which is quite obvious and thats why I was surprised the batters couldn't handled my pace and yes, I'm bowling with hard tennis ball.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I love (backward) point. I'm not exactly a typical point-man, being about 6 foot 5, but I dive around a lot and make up for being a little slow across the ground with a massive wingspan and bullet arm. Also, only misfielded once and dropped two catches last season - once diving back, full length, over my shoulder at point for a skier, and once diving forward on the boundary.

I'm 5 foot something (I even measured myself a short while ago but I forget how tall I was already) and I'm pretty quick and like to dive around (funny enough, I hate sliding around the boundary when I'm chasing from the infield) and my hands are suited for that range since I find I drop a lot of catches if I have too much time. Fielding at point just gives me the right amount of time to get into position and take a catch. Probably more mindset than anything. But yeah, I'm very suited for that position or backward point. Normally we only play with either so depends what the skipper wants so I do play in either. But yeah, the only catch I remember dropping at point was actually a skier as I usually don't get those type of catches at point :p

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Alright, after almost a week of regular cricket, finally something to boast of. :p I have been getting hammered ever since we resumed playing. But, today was a fine day. I got 2 wickets, bowled one and c & b other. My figures were 2 for 3 in 3. Really happy with that. Batting has always been good for me. Top score so far is 21 NO off 8 which was a match winning knock coming in at 6. I am normally an opener or number 3 but, with more guys coming in who are regular I had to drop to 6. Haven't really got much time in the middle with the bat though.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'm 5 foot something (I even measured myself a short while ago but I forget how tall I was already) and I'm pretty quick and like to dive around (funny enough, I hate sliding around the boundary when I'm chasing from the infield) and my hands are suited for that range since I find I drop a lot of catches if I have too much time. Fielding at point just gives me the right amount of time to get into position and take a catch. Probably more mindset than anything. But yeah, I'm very suited for that position or backward point. Normally we only play with either so depends what the skipper wants so I do play in either. But yeah, the only catch I remember dropping at point was actually a skier as I usually don't get those type of catches at point :p

Yeah. It can be quite difficult persuading a captain to put you at point, though, especially as I play quite a bit of cricket for a wandering club (basically, they tour the country playing against top club sides, right up to Oxford, Cambridge, county Academies) and they have a different captain every game. I often end up on the boundary, which I like, but isn't the same.

I remember when I spent a season in Aus (failed migration) I spent the entire season at backward point and stopped anything. There was a guy in our side who played State cricket, and he couldn't believe how well I did. My batting and bowling was another story that year, though...

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Arrived back in Australia earlier this week and played my first game in a while today, playing in the One Day final. We batted first and made 118 (or something like that) where runs were hard to come by. I batted at 9 and scored 4, hitting a nice cover drive, all the way along the ground to the boundary. Timed it to perfection. But then next over, I got a really good ball, off a good length nipping in slightly and got bowled through the gate, clipping the top of off-stump.

So we had a tough job on our hands to defend such a small total. We got a few early wickets. Our skipper made the wrong move by keeping our opener on for his full 8 overs, rather than keeping 2 overs up his sleeve for later. But I came on, with a nice breeze drifting the ball away from the right handers. Started really well, with 2 wickets and a maiden within my first 4 overs, having about 2/7 off 4. First wicket, just the batsman tried to take me off a good length and caught at mid-on. Then the other batsman tried the same thing and got a little more on it, but was caught at deep mid-wicket. Could have had 4 wickets or so as well as I got a quicker ball coming onto the batsman and he only just managed to get it over short mid-on, then the batsman played a nothing shot that just went over my head and then I came around the wicket and then bowled a top-spinner and the batsman gloved it but dropped by the keeper. In the end, I took 2/23 off 7 as we lost by 2 wickets. I also took a sharp catch in the gully at shoulder height. Probably was a little close as our fastest bowler was bowling but had enough time to get my hands to the ball and held on easily.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well we've played 3 games since the OD final. First game, day 1 was cancelled due to an unsafe ground after having been moved at the last minute. In the end, we played a One Day game, we got bowled out for about 50. Made a duck, leaving a ball just outside off which nipped back in, stayed a little lower than I expected and took the top of middle. Then they chased it down in not many over, took 1/14 off 2 overs, taking the only wicket.

Next match, we did a lot better but still lost. We were bowled out for 149, as I scored 3* batting at 10, despite being involved in a 24 run 9th wicket partnership, having only scored 1 of those runs :p Then they made 163 all out, with myself taking 1/31 off 10, my wicket, having bowled the skipper through his legs as he tried to sweep me. We decided not to play on, since it was Australia Day, although I half wanted to keep playing :p

And our last game, well I've never seen such a slow batting performance. Well we made 124 all out, batted at 7 and scored 1, having been bowled by a yorker. We didn't have anybody go on to make big scores though, which hurt us, 3 scores in the 20s but none going past 23. In reply, they made 9/130 dec. off 84.4 overs, which included 10 runs off the last 4 balls before they decided to declare and since there wasn't much point going on with only around an hour and a half left in the day. It was a long day though. I bowled 23 overs, 10 maidens, 4/33 and had one dropped catch behind the stumps. Also took 2 catches at cover and really hurt my right hand taking the second catch, after it hit the hand awkwardly. But that loss hurt us, as we are now out of finals spots, despite having won 6/11 games. Our inability to win outright is hurting us though.

Users who are viewing this thread