Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Opera

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • AOL Explorer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MSN Explorer

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Yeah true, for example if you try to download mplayer, you're advised of the grevious sins you've committed by using IE!

one major flaw with opera is that it save all related object in the same directory itself.
also it takes up a lot of spaces, with naim window quite small.

blackleopard92 said:
one major flaw with opera is that it save all related object in the same directory itself.
What objects are you talking about?
also it takes up a lot of spaces, with naim window quite small.
My Opera folder takes up 6.4mb with Firefox weighing in at 25mb and the Main window is much bigger on Opera than it is on Firefox, as the toolbars are really thin by default.

blackleopard92 said:
try saving a website in opera.
opera saves all related objects(like gif, css etc) in the same folder where u save the file.
Yeah that would be a problem. However I suggest you look in the controls for an option that disables such a feature. In fact the win98 system of saving related files in a subfolder was the best. (This can also be selected in WinXP under Folder Options).

Ritwik said:
Yeah that would be a problem. However I suggest you look in the controls for an option that disables such a feature. In fact the win98 system of saving related files in a subfolder was the best. (This can also be selected in WinXP under Folder Options).
true, but somehow opera doesn't think so.
I remember I saved an review of a game in opera from gamespot.I had to wade through 50+ files to find the reqd page in that directory :eek:
From that day I switched to mozilla.

Although I remember that opera introduced a single file saving method in Beta v8

I don't know whether if it has been implemented in full release.

It is still like that, although you can save it as a Web archive that creates a single file

whitehornmatt said:
It is still like that, although you can save it as a Web archive that creates a single file

Yes that creates a single file. This will definitely solve blackleopard92 problem.

IE all the way now!

BEcoz of this forum, I downloaded firefox and used to like it. However, it has compatibility problems with various sites.

I then tried Opera. Opera was more better than Firefox. It was fast enough as Firefox and also was more compatible with the sites that did not work properly with Firefox. Still some problems were there with Opera too.

In my opinion, IE is the best I feel! It works with every site that we browse! Its quite fast enough. If you have a good PC with good internet connection and if you are a person who is looking to keep your computer in good shape by applying tweaks and optimizing your PC, you wont notice any difference in the speed of your IE browser. Also if you download Y! toolbar for IE, it gives you tabbed browsing in IE (Yes, within IE 6 itself). So the tabbed browsing thing is possible with IE too (dont have to wait for IE 7 to get that)

I am hoping IE 7 with its improved security should be a big success!

One nag in IE (not a major one) is that when flash files are displayed, it also shows a border around them and says "Click to activate and use the control". It displays the flash file even without doing that. But for instance, a flash contains a clickable link within it. When a user goes and clicks on the link for the first time, it actually activates the flash control first and the users think the link is not working, and go away! Can be a problem for flash web designers who incorporate links within their flash designs!

Firefox 2.0 Beta​

The browser wars are heating up, as the first beta of Firefox 2.0 is due on Tuesday July 11th, and Internet Explorer version 7.0 is now on it's third beta release.
Firefox fans, and browser junkies have an opportunity to get a jump on Tuesday's beta, as a public "release candidate" has been posted on the Mozilla FTP site. This nightly build is finally feature complete, although it's still not completely ready for mass consumption.

Reports from early testers compliment two of the significant new features: an integrated spell checker, and an anti-phishing tool. The spell-checker promises to make blog and forum postings more lucid. The phishing filter (an integrated component of IE 7.0 as well) works with locally stored lists of bad sites, along with Google's site listing, and possibly others down the road.

The rest of the interface stays mostly the same, unlike the more radical changes in IE 7.0. Firefox 2.0 does include a horizontal scrolling capability for tabs, and an ability to close a tab directly from within the tab itself. The Options dialog has been reworked to include a horizontal, tabbed based interface, and numerous changes have been made under the hood.

FOR WINDOWS

FOR LINUX

It's been out for a while. There is actually Firefox 3.0. The problem with it is most extensions and themes aren't compatible and since it's a beta there are some bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread