Which is your favourite all time team in cricket?

Which international team is your favourite?

• Total voters
A poll wont be able to capture the thoughts of members that easily.

To me, my all-time favorite was the South African team led by Hansie Cronje- they were the Champions of cricket, who unfortunately were unable to get their hands on the World Cup in 1996 & 1999.

This side had every thing- two great openers in Hudson & Kirsten, boosted by a strong middle order comprising of Cullinan, Cronje, Rhodes, a class=apart keeper in Richardson, 2 hard hitting all-rounders in Pollock & Klusener and Allan Donald to bring up the pace battery.

They were the then Kings of Cricket- really unfortunate to not to get close to that elusive trophy.

I'd accept that Cronje SA were probably a better ODI team than AUS - they certainly were the best team in the 99 W-Cup & should have won that.

But AUS convincingly defeated them in numerous test series home/away.

The late seventies-mid eighties west indies and the invincibles are the, objectively, greatest sides of all time.

Read a fascinating article on that and the comparison between both + the Waugh/Ponting Aussie's, I think statistically the Aussies of the modern era actually surpassed the other two.

I'll go digging now, but all great sides!

South Africans have got so less vote thatAssociates are challenging them!

----------

Truely, English and Pakistanis were never perfect in the history of cricket. They've performed well in many matches but they seldom dominated the opponent.

Truely, English and Pakistanis were never perfect in the history of cricket. They've performed well in many matches but they seldom dominated the opponent.

England have been able to produce some of the greatest cricketers in history but it seems like either, they only come one at a time or whenever they can produce a great side they get overshadowed by another team.

England have been able to produce some of the greatest cricketers in history but it seems like either, they only come one at a time or whenever they can produce a great side they get overshadowed by another team.

When they performed well, they were in between controversies. Example:- When english urinated on cricket pitch.

Windies of the 70s and the 80s has to be right up there. So much, just so much talent. You can judget the pool we had at that time by the fact that players like Sylvester and Wayne Daniel amongst many many others who could have not only made it into any team but would have dominated any opposition did not get too many games. Time and again, we see a team that dominates every opposition but to do for over 2 decades is some feat. Not to forget we had the likes of 3Ws and Sir Sobers that played before that. I wish we had half as good as players we had in the 70s and 80s. I also want to concede that the Steve Waugh's team under Ricky Ponting's captainship in 2004 was spectacular but most of their players act arrogantly on the field and never earned too much respect as a Kanhai or Lloyd or a Viv did. Apologies if you find it harsh but those are my thoughts that barring Gilly and a couple or so others, Aussies were too arrogant on the field. I like the current South African setup. They have got a big pool of talent but they need sort out the quota system.

IMHO, you cannot accuse the Aussies of being "aggressive". It is the way they play, and it makes them perform better.

I like Australians but they are over aggressive at times. For example:- Clarke once abused Tenulkar. Even Australian legend Warne was no exception to it.

Sometimes I am embarrassed that the Australian team is representing my country, it seems like the better you sledge the more chance you have of being selected.

Aussies are aggressive because they want victory at any cost.

Aggression is different to dickheadery.

^This. Being aggressive in the way you play the sport is different from being aggressive verbally and even at times physically. It will be an insult to say the Windies of the time were not aggressive. In fact, there have been very very few sides that have been as aggressive as those legends; not even the current WI T20I comes close to that and if you still have a reason to believe that Aussies were the only "aggressive", ask Brian Close. Anyway, my point is that the difference between the two legendary sides were that while the Windies were ruthless on the field, they were very humble and sporting. On the other hand, Aussies were loud, always chirping and sledging which was not at all sporting. You can judge better when an Aussie fan posts this.

Sometimes I am embarrassed that the Australian team is representing my country, it seems like the better you sledge the more chance you have of being selected.

Btw, I posted "Steve Waugh's team under Ricky Ponting's captainship" because basically the skipper was Ponting but the team was made by the great Steve Waugh much like few Indians here say that Ganguly was the best captain of the Indian team while Dhoni is the skipper of the best Indian team.

Last edited:
few Indians here say that Ganguly was the best captain of the Indian team while Dhoni is the skipper of the best Indian team.
It is totally wrong! Dhoni is the best captain whereas Ganguly lead the best Indian squad. Ganguly's squad had fastest Indian bowlers like Jagwal Shrinath and Nehra. It had best batsmen. Coming to Dhoni now, he has no legends in is team now ,excluding himself, but still India is performing satisfactorily..

Users who are viewing this thread