Which mobile phone do you use?

BlackBerry Curve 9300 it is epic
No, this would be epic...
51gzGHFZvIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(Samsung Epic 4G, for those who don't get the joke)

Just got the iPhone 4S from AT&T for $199. Sold my iPod touch 4g 32gb for $200 and got the iPhone 4S. This baby is just lovely to have! Siri works so well for me since I have the accent to deal with it.... Lovin' it so much!:cheers:thumbs

iphone4_2up_front_side-420-90.jpg

I wonder when India will get these locked iPhones at such rates. Airtel and Aircel have tweaked it up completely. :facepalm

IIRC, There they have the contract system where you get the mobile with a subscription to an Service Provider. Whereas, here in India, we have to own a sim(not CDMA) and a mobile separately..... If I'm not wrong, there - the more you use your phone and services, the more you grow the company; and thus, the more upgrades open up for you. But if you break the contract, you loose the phone.

I brought the Iphone 4 lately, which costed me Rs. 30,000 (around $600) in which, you might get the 4S over there with at&t or verizon or sprint..........

Last edited:
IIRC, There they have the contract system where you get the mobile with a subscription to an Service Provider. Whereas, here in India, we have to own a sim(not CDMA) and a mobile separately..... If I'm not wrong, there - the more you use your phone and services, the more you grow the company; and thus, the more upgrades open up for you. But if you break the contract, you loose the phone.

I brought the Iphone 4 lately, which costed me Rs. 30,000 (around $600) in which, you might get the 4S over there with at&t or verizon or sprint..........

No. Here in USA, if you break a contract, you pay an early termination fee thats equal or more than the entire cost of that phone that you got through the low cost upgrade. For example, if you paid $199 for the iPhone and break the contract, you pay $300 termination fee (total of $499 which is the cost of that 16g iPhone) but you keep the iPhone.

What these providers do is, they make you stay with their service for 16-18 months. And the money they earn from that, a certain percentage of it is used to recover the phone's costs. Its a very good system, but only if you like staying with the service provider for that long. Hope it comes to India in a proper way

Its a very good system, but only if you like staying with the service provider for that long. Hope it comes to India in a proper way
Certainly hoping for it but can't see it coming as the service providers aren't much keen on it. More than 60% of mobile users generally stay with their service provider for a span of more than 2-3 years, I have been with Vodafone for approx 7 years now, so I'm pretty sure that such a system will actually work out pretty well here.

----------

And I'm pretty sure that the service provider who brings such an offer will see a sudden boost in the number of customers, as many will shift to them. At least I'll leave Vodafone if some other service provider provides a similar plan.

Users who are viewing this thread