Which mobile phone do you use?

Just upgraded:

apple-iphone-4-10.jpg

My elder bro's phone .

PS: Similar one .
How is the battery backup? It was terrible for the first few days I bought. It went down in 5-6 hours but Advanced Task Killer is working wonders by closing apps which opens itselfs when phone is started. Currently it is running above 25 hours with some usage of calling/ web surfing and heavy usage of music/videos and still 30% battery left. Still not a decent though but better than previous.

BTW it's white in colour not black as it is shown in pic.

I've noticed that Advanced Task Killer is pretty much useless. It actually kills the multi-tasking ability of the phone, and the phone spends more time processing when you regularly use some apps and ATK keeps killing them. Android is designed to need no task killers, as it automatically evicts inactive apps from the RAM in a timely manner, and especially when its full. I've been using my phone for about 2 months without ATK now, and haven't had much lag at all (apart from the one induced by RFS, but that's Samsung's fault there :mad)

I don't know the reason why but I too had very poor battery back up in the first few days of use with my phone, but gradually it got better and now I have very decent battery life. Maybe it has to do with how much we use the phone in the initial days and then it settles down, because I tend not to believe the theory that the batteries in the phones "open up" after a while and give better performance.

I never cared about Task killers, but my phone is giving me great treats! My battery stays for about a day when I activate GPS Satellites for Navigation.

Don't know if it's co-incidence or not but I am not the only one when battery got better while using ATK. I used it after reading it from many people. However I agreed Apps don't consume much battery and even if the Apps are opened itself it don't consume any memory because "I" didn't opened them.

That's said but everyone has got a issue with battery of Galaxy 3. It's not only the issue with battery, it also has issues with battery indicator as it suddenly goes to 15% from 50% and when charged it jumps from 15 to 50 every time. Not today though because it jumped to 70% instead :facepalm. Galaxy 3 has also got other issues with GPS, Wifi, swype not working in Android 2.2. I can't even upgrade the firmware as the Kies gives error of Update not working. It can be solved by rooting though but I don't want to root phone till it's under warranty.

Not too happy with phone, Samsung should have tested it before selling :facepalm

Kies works at its best for 'WAVE' series as they integrated their own 'BADA' OS in wave phones. Android phones are not so suitable for kies as Google has an agreement with samsung that providing Android related stuff in Kies is not allowed. Even 'Samsung Apps' do not run in New Galaxy Phones!

and about swype: It works at its best in my thing, the Galaxy Fit.

It works perfectly in Android 2.1 which is on my phone but has issues with 2.2 upgrade. Hopefully Samsung will release an update for fix, not sure how much they care about these mid budget android phones.

After android 2.2, they entered a fresh agreement. android 2.2+ do not support all Kies functions.
Have anyone found 2.3 official upgrade for inbuilt 2.2 android?

After android 2.2, they entered a fresh agreement. android 2.2+ do not support all Kies functions.
Have anyone found 2.3 official upgrade for inbuilt 2.2 android?

I updated my HTC Desire HD TO 2.3 yesterday. Its so awesome.:D

Users who are viewing this thread