Which mobile phone do you use?

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Id suggest you go for Alcatel one.If you're concerned about memory expansion,go for the huawei obe.Processors and rams are almost equivalent.Only advantage you got in Alcatel is the freebies from JBL.Huawei menwhile I guess is able to pack an sd card,depends on you whether you load stuff on your handset or not.If you don't use the memory much,go for alcatel else huawei.

You can try grabbing a galaxy grand 2 or some high range Lumia if you want a WP device.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Id suggest you go for Alcatel one.If you're concerned about memory expansion,go for the huawei obe.Processors and rams are almost equivalent.Only advantage you got in Alcatel is the freebies from JBL.Huawei menwhile I guess is able to pack an sd card,depends on you whether you load stuff on your handset or not.If you don't use the memory much,go for alcatel else huawei.
Yeap, the only problem in Alcatel is that there's no room for expandable memory. The phone would have been perfect otherwise. However in Huawei, internal memory gets toned down to half, but then there's room for SD card. Alcaltel features a true octacore processor while Huawei has a quad core processor. Alcatel features a 13MP back camera while Huawei features 8MP back camera. However, I don't think that would make a big difference quality wise.
So it is just the memory space, which I am worried about. The only thing I am afraid is that most of the apps are non transferable to SD card, so they will be occupying internal space. While Huawei's 8GB is too low and Alcatel's 16 GB is enough for apps but then it fails to occupy for storage of other data(Video, Images, etc.) due to lack of external space.

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Well,in JB..you can transfer apps to sd card.If you dont have that facility,gant root access by rooting it and install appl like link2sd and transfer em to the external storage.You can unroot your phone anytime to claim warranty.

As far as the processors are concerned,its MediaTek :p.There wont be much difference in the performance.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
If you could up your budget by 3k, you can get the HTC Desire 816. It isn't great spec wise, but the UI is too good. I bought this phone two week ago, and it's worth every penny.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
If you could up your budget by 3k, you can get the HTC Desire 816. It isn't great spec wise, but the UI is too good. I bought this phone two week ago, and it's worth every penny.
Again, just 8GB internal + 5.5 incher and its priced 25.6k on flipkart, enough reasons for me not to buy it.
I would like to ask, which is better?
-16GB internal with no SD card support or
-8GB internal with SD card support
Consider you install many apps and have a huge music and videos collection. :)

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Again, just 8GB internal + 5.5 incher and its priced 25.6k on flipkart, enough reasons for me not to buy it.
I would like to ask, which is better?
-16GB internal with no SD card support or
-8GB internal with SD card support
Consider you install many apps and have a huge music and videos collection. :)

The latter if you install a lot of music and movies.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
20k INR. Basically, I am looking forward to buy one of the above two smartphones. But suggestion of other good smartphones in the range will be appreciated too. I will be avoiding brands like Karbonn, Micromax, Lava, etc.

Moto G is selling for Rs 12,500/- in Flipkart. Moto G is getting big reviews right now for its affordability, yet the good features.

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Well if you have apps which require a high read speed (basically mid-high end games) then you should go for a phone with more internal memory. But, a class 10 SD card works good enough as well.

To fit in your budget, go with the 8GB + external memory phone and load a class 10 SD card in it.

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
I just loaded my phone with MIUI..have to admit that its one of the best ROM available for Androind phones.UI is so damn good that youll forget stock and other every launcher etc that you have used.It has those battery saving options,that has helped my battery to survive the day with high web surfing,gaming.Definitely you cant trust chinese phones,their roms are damn awesome!:)

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
SD cards have varying speeds. The cheap ones will be class 4, and they go to class 10 (and after that to UHS-1 and higher). Class 10 is fast enough for most purposes

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Pardon my ignorance, but what's a class 10 SD card?

Class 10 is an indicator of the performance (read/write speeds) of the SD Card. A Class 10 will have better read/write speeds than a Class 8, with a higher number indicating better performance. And obviously, that means they will be more expensive too.

Users who are viewing this thread