Which platform will you buy Big Ant Studios Cricket game for?

Which platform will you buy Big Ant Studios Cricket game for?

• PS3

Votes: 81 37.3%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 33 15.2%
  • PC

Votes: 125 57.6%

• Total voters
Depends how it plays. Either Ps3 or Pc depending on what early indications suggest is the better format.

Pc will certainly be more open to modding, so probably that.

The modding issue is an interesting one but from the looks of Cricket Academy etc a lot of content will be changeable on console too.

It's more that if this game isn't harshly locked down in a failed attempt to halt piracy, then there may well emerge some quite interesting mods that far transcend the rubbish that gets released for the likes of EA Cricket 07 or ICC 10. Fair play to the guys for trying and all, but really, they're not modding the game so to speak, just shining some poo to look like gold... but it still smells.

Well if you look at your basic mods (and the rugby league game will probably tell us how much will be editable) it sounds like faces, names and kits are. Bats we don't know about and overlays probably not for console.
Lineups, fixtures, tournaments are apparently going to be customisable. To be honest most modding is trying to add functionality that should have been in the game in the first place.

If the code is actually attackable though, we could well see the potential to adjust gameplay rather than ridiculous things like having to change every player in game's stats to artificially mod the game :p

That said, I think they mentioned sliders so as you say, most of the game will be editable from within game... modding is different though ;)

I would expect the PC version to have a higher resolution and FPS than the console versions, so it should be the definitive version at a lower price, but that may not end up being the case.

PS3. Am in North America so PS3/Blu-Ray is the only option. Looking forward to playing the game online with PC folks :)

ps3 first then pc later on, go 2013 the year of cricket games.:yes

lets first know the release date!!!! i will buy PC. will it work on 64-bit?

If the code is actually attackable though, we could well see the potential to adjust gameplay rather than ridiculous things like having to change every player in game's stats to artificially mod the game :p

Good chance that there will be a similar set-up to their Rugby League games and/or games like Sidhe's Rugby game whereby you can mod those features from within the game, that's the way most games are headed, especially sports games.

I would expect the PC version to have a higher resolution and FPS than the console versions, so it should be the definitive version at a lower price, but that may not end up being the case.

I agree, I think for longevity the PC version is going to be the one to go for... but I'm looking at it from the "make pretty things" perspective for kits and so forth... not so much on the modding of game play mechanics, which would suggest could be done on the console platform from within the game.

Either PS3 or PC depends on how the demo will work on both...:thumbs

PC is the best

Users who are viewing this thread