Which side do you support?

I'm supporting sri lanka-The Players are just so nice :) and they have what it takes to win the cup and they deserve it.
But in the EngvSrl game i wanted the poms to win it. I wanted Ravi to make that already awesome feat, even awesomer.

Bangladesh, India, UAE, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Hong Kong, Ireland.
In order of preference.
India is my home country.
I live, and want to play for, UAE.
Hong Kong is where I was born and I love the place.
I like the Sri Lankan style of play
Kenya is a very promising all round team.
Ireland has great character.
And Bangla, becuase, put simply, they will be the WC Champions 2011 :)
Seriously, I like their style of play, their allround skills, their attitude, and the fact that they are so skilled and talented and so young! The fact that Bangladesh is a country who could easily be a poor third world country, but refuse to believe so and work so hard hard to show the world that they too, can be a world power. Same with their cricket team, and I think these guys are brilliant.

If Australia is playing I will support them. I don't mind Sri Lanka, mainly because of Murali and I have always liked Jayasuriya. I don't mind the West Indies as well. Probably because of there laid back culture, which suits me.

JamesyJames3 said:
You've gone off on one there and I will just stop you to say - "Yes, you can".

I constantly watch football matches with no interest to me whatsoever and have no interest in any sort of result. For example I watched a match between Derby and Leicester earlier in the season. What's my interest there? I know, this is a cricket based topic, but it's exactly the same for football.

PS - You don't need bias to have passion.
watching football and cricket isn't the same

LA ICE-E said:
watching football and cricket isn't the same

Ok, you want a cricketing example then.

I watched India versus Sri Lanka in the group stages of the World Cup and had no preference to who won, who went through or who performed well.

What you're saying is a major generalisation. It might be the case for you (that you have to support/follow a team in every match). But it certainly isn't for everyone and especially not me.

Let's be hypothetical. Say you are a Lancashire fan and you've won the County Championship. Meanwhile, Hampshire and Surrey are playing each other in a 'whoever loses gets relegated contest'. So i'm sat at home being smug about my Lancashire team winning the league watching this relegation battle against two teams who have no rivalries with Lancashire and in which the final outcome will not effect Lancashire whatsoever, so I what do I do? Do I not watch it because I have no preference for either side? No, I watch it in hope of a good game of cricket.

What hari was saying that as you are watching the game, you will subconsciously be supporting a team. If you don't, you would switch off the TV because you might as well watch grass grow. For example, if someone in the batting team plays a blinder of an innings, you may support their team.

In the case you point out that you just watch cricket for the sake of catching a good game, I would have to say that you have far too much time on your hands and you should probably cherish it doing more interesting stuff than watching cricket. :)

Prbly Kiwis,SA,Aus and SL are in semis!

My initial fav were Windies,Kiwis and India. Now, I am backing one and only black caps to lift the trophy. :) Or to some extent, SA!

I always support the losing team, dunnow why, just makes things more exciting when they win I guess...

Was supporting Windies at first but now they dont look like winning the Cup! So Srilanka or any team who has never won the World Cup!

ZoraxDoom said:
I always support the losing team, dunnow why, just makes things more exciting when they win I guess...
So you're supporting South Africa against Bangladesh? :p

Users who are viewing this thread