Which side do you support?

Pakistan, India, Bangladesh. So because Pakistan and India are both out i am supporting Bangladesh.

Bangladesh all the way !!
Earlier it was India, then Pakistan (mainly due to Inzy) but since they both are out, it is our other neighbours Bangladesh whom Iam supporting !

I would love the windies to qualify for the semis for the sake of the tournament .

JamesyJames3 said:
You've gone off on one there and I will just stop you to say - "Yes, you can".

I constantly watch football matches with no interest to me whatsoever and have no interest in any sort of result. For example I watched a match between Derby and Leicester earlier in the season. What's my interest there? I know, this is a cricket based topic, but it's exactly the same for football.

PS - You don't need bias to have passion.

Football is different :p

I know where you're coming from, but with football, the dynamics are different. The game is shorter, there is more action and you will be immersed in it simply because of its continuity and flow. Even there I guess you might have some momentary favourites - like a player you like - which might keep you immersed.

The bias I'm talking about may be mild or very strong and even temporary... not something that's etched in your mind forever... so it's not a bad thing at all to admit to being biased...

In cricket, the game itself is inherently slow, it takes a lot of effort to follow a long game between so many commercial breaks (even a ODI game) and unless you develop this kind of "bias" or a "hook" (some individual player or team you're interested in, which might even be temporary) you won't follow it for long... you might physically be viewing the Tv screen, but nothing will register in your brain...

You call it "interest" but what exactly makes you interested? That's what I'm trying to explain, I guess.

Last edited:
harishankar said:
Football is different :p

I know where you're coming from, but with football, the dynamics are different. The game is shorter, there is more action and you will be immersed in it simply because of its continuity and flow. Even there I guess you might have some momentary favourites - like a player you like - which might keep you immersed.

The bias I'm talking about may be mild or very strong and even temporary... not something that's etched in your mind forever... so it's not a bad thing at all to admit to being biased...

In cricket, the game itself is inherently slow, it takes a lot of effort to follow a long game between so many commercial breaks (even a ODI game) and unless you develop this kind of "bias" or a "hook" (some individual player or team you're interested in, which might even be temporary) you won't follow it for long... you might physically be viewing the Tv screen, but nothing will register in your brain...

You call it "interest" but what exactly makes you interested? That's what I'm trying to explain, I guess.

You've already said football is different, so I gave you a cricketing example.

What makes me interested is a love of the game that I have played to a good level.

1. Hometeam (s) : Pakistan, Scotland
2. West Indies, England
3. Bangladesh

I like these teams(in descending order)

West Indies,South Africa,New Zealand,Sri Lanka,Australia

;)

JamesyJames3 said:
You've already said football is different, so I gave you a cricketing example.

What makes me interested is a love of the game that I have played to a good level.
So you're saying that if you're watching someone is in the process of hitting a swashbuckling century or taking a 5-for, you will still be admiring how lush the outfields are and how lovely the spirit of the game is? I think the point hari is trying to make is that if you come across a boring game of cricket, you will turn it off. If I watch a cricket game for 20 minutes and nothing happens (no runs, no wickets, no appeals, nothing) I turn it off.

sri lanka,

but when i watched bangladesh beat SA i realised at least india had been beaten to youthful side of well committed people unlike some other players.

not to mention any names *ten..., ga.......,aga*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread