WHO IS BETTER SACHIN OR LARA...???

• SACHIN TENDULKAR

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • BRIAN LARA

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
for all u lara and westindies lovers i got many links for u soem like laras 375,

walsh lara kills aus etc. long ago clips n also westindies cric songs n cric stuff based on westindies if yall want i can post the links.

Sorry, been a Lara fan ever since I was little, and even with the presence of greats in my own country, I always admired him.

......And that's not about to change.

I went for Sachin, just, but LAraa is still one of my heroes! Hey that would be great Satish! Post those links

Sachin Tendulkar -- A guy who has prformed consistently for a decade and a half under the most immense pressure of expectation in a nation which settls for nothing less than a hundred each time he bats . Lara , I feel scores oer sachin in one aspect . Over the years , his game has not changed and he still plays the same flamboyant way he did when he started his career . Sachin has won far more games for India in ODIs than B.C.Lara .

Test cricket is the basis on which we judge a batsman as great or simply good. One day cricket is flash in the pan stuff.

That said though, Lara has played some stunning one day innings in his time, lots of them matchwinners too. The 116 in the opening match of the 2003 World Cup was as good as any.

It is very hard to judge who is better, but one thing is certain. Even Tendulkar fans can't disagree that Lara has been the better player over the last 4 years. Lara seems to be getting better while Tendulkar seems to be going backwards. We will see what happens.

Tendulkar has simply evolved. Perhaps Lara has been better. I cannot tell because the only teams India seems to be playing now is Pakistan and Australia. Tendulkar, despite being injured for large periods of time, has still scored prolifically. He made almost two double centuries last season (coming from a guy who finds it difficult to play ultra-long innings). Also, we do not need another guy to come and blast the ball out of the park. Virender Sehwag is playing the old Tendulkar tune perfectly well--so why put the risk of both of them out there? Apart from Lara, it is just occasionally Gayle and Sarwan who put up the fireworks.

lara has been making back to back centuries in recent tests against south africa and also in the 1st test angainst pakistan

but with tendulkar i feel that people do not understand is he plays imporatant roles making 50-60s for e.g he made a crucial 50 last year against aussie in a bowler dominated pitch in mumbai.

i think people are balsting him now because his not making centuries as consistently as he used to and once a batsmen is making consistent 100s fans get used to it and expect the batsmen to score a 100 in every match

i think one answer to sachins poor form is once india get time off after a recent tour, i think they get too much time off, for example last year after they toured pakistan they had 4 months off i think and also after the 2003 worlcup they didnt play a macth untill october against new zealand i think.

Last edited:
Fortunately we have moved past the Sachin-dependence era. Now there are blokes like Sehwag, Dravid and Laxman who can share the scoring in Sachin's absence. That is why Sachin's lack of prolific century-making has not been as much as a glaring problem. The problem is that now we are moving towards a Sehwag-dependence era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread