WHO IS BETTER SACHIN OR LARA...???

• SACHIN TENDULKAR

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • BRIAN LARA

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have been needled into voting for Sachin--just because of the arrogance shown here. :p :) There's nothing to choose. Even with a supposed bad year, Tendulkar racked up many centuries and runs. Lara, similarly, carries most of his team's batting. Apart from that, Sachin can roll over his arm too and take a few wickets. So he definitely offers more to the team.

sohummisra said:
Haha, Lara averaged 400 in one innings--that's the funniest thing I've heard today.

Hah!

It was meant to be.:D

sohummisra said:
Apart from that, Sachin can roll over his arm too and take a few wickets. So he definitely offers more to the team.

I'd like to think the thread starter was talking about batting wise, because the whole world know Lara doesn't bowl.

Lara is the better batsman. :boxing

If it has anything to do with batting for the team its Sach all the way .

But if you want something to do with craftmanship of batting its just Sachin.

Lara is a great batsman no doubt but no way he is better in any sense.

What affect that so called great innings of 400 had on WI.

Null I suppose. Also to second my point is the sta that Lara is the second BEST(WORST)loser in INTERNATIONAL CRICKET WHO IS SURE GONNA RULE THE LIST IN THE YEARS TO COME

strikinglight_7 said:
BUT STILL YO IF U ASK ANYONE THEY WILL SAY SACHIN IS BETTER AND I THINK SO WE SEE THE STATES...I THINK HE IS THE ONE...I DONT KNOW WHT U SAY MAN...
Please take note of the following picture.

capslock.jpg

Ok ALL U PEOPLE! Sachin tendulkar is a genius, a child prodigy in a team of batting greats, brian lara is also great but not as much as the little master, lara is a great in the middle of a batting line up of duds excuding chanderpaul, he is also selfish and does wats best for him not for his team, sachin is great in his personal opinions on the game and in the way he has given us great moments in his batting. AND ALSO out of the 2 sachin has given more back to mcgrath then lara has!

BC Lara said:
Hah!

It was meant to be.:D

I'd like to think the thread starter was talking about batting wise, because the whole world know Lara doesn't bowl.

Lara is the better batsman. :boxing
Sorry if i missed something...................but why is Lara better than Sachin? :rolleyes:

bharat said:
topic is similar to Sehwag or Afridi :(
What!! Sehwag and Afridi!!! There's no comparison between Afridi and Sehwag. Afridi can never make 195 runs against Australia in Australia nor can he make 300+ runs in a single Test innings. Afridi is great slogger but definately not better than Sehwag!

I personally feel that Sachin is better than Lara. Of course when the match is down the wire and you have to pick either Sachin or Lara then I would definately pick Lara as he is a great finisher.

Lara is a sort of player who needs to be in the "zone" when he is batting. He cannot make big score if he is not in form. His batting exuberates flamboyance and arrogance which is typical calypso style of batting.

In case of Sachin, even if he is not in form he can hit a double century. His concentration and determination is superb. Tendulkar now has the burden eased off due to players like Sehwag, Dravid performing well, but, early on when he showed the world his class, India depended solely on Tendulkar to win the match for India. I am sure we have many Indian cricket fans here who would have turned the TV OFF after Tendulkar got out. Its not an easy task to be India's premier batsmen with over 1 billion viewer's eyes on you but i think tendulkar has done well over the years and especially the recent past given all his injury woes.

Lastly I would like to say that both Lara and Tendulkar are great players but considering all the factors I think Tendulkar is better batsman (even Lara said this in an interview).

Sehwag

speaking about sehwag, sehwag is the second best batsman i have seen! ofcourse chanderpaul being the first.sehwag has both great slogging ability n concentration which makes him a great batsman. and to addon hes extremely consistent. the second most consistent batsman in india. thats ofcourse after dravid.one day, i think sehwag can go on to defeat both lara n sachin. u see the prob is both lara n sachin think they are too good. and dont want to practice any more, n also they think about thm selves only. if they could get rid of that "im so good feelin" then they would be much better.

Satish555 said:
speaking about sehwag, sehwag is the second best batsman i have seen! ofcourse chanderpaul being the first.sehwag has both great slogging ability n concentration which makes him a great batsman. and to addon hes extremely consistent. the second most consistent batsman in india. thats ofcourse after dravid.one day, i think sehwag can go on to defeat both lara n sachin. u see the prob is both lara n sachin think they are too good. and dont want to practice any more, n also they think about thm selves only. if they could get rid of that "im so good feelin" then they would be much better.

And how do you know attitude of both this great batsman ??????

rahulk666 said:
Lara is a sort of player who needs to be in the "zone" when he is batting. He cannot make big score if he is not in form. His batting exuberates flamboyance and arrogance which is typical calypso style of batting.

After almost 8 months without playing any first class or test cricket Lara came back against South Africa recently and made 196 in his very first innings. It's something that he's done it more than once too.

Can you all name a memorable innings from Sachin? I'll give you two from Lara for every one you name.

Tendulkar doesn't even have an innings in the top 100 of all time. Talk about being a team player.

You're a funny guy. Should have a regular spot on Comedy Central.

I'm just hitting you with the cold hard facts and that's all you can come back with?

Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread