• SACHIN TENDULKAR

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • BRIAN LARA

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BC Lara said:
You're a funny guy. Should have a regular spot on Comedy Central.

I'm just hitting you with the cold hard facts and that's all you can come back with?

Pathetic.
I was actually referring to Satish's post. If you had cared to see the time difference between our posts you would have realized the same.

Last edited:
rahulk666 said:
Lastly I would like to say that both Lara and Tendulkar are great players but considering all the factors I think Tendulkar is better batsman (even Lara said this in an interview).
Well Lara wouldn't say he was better would he?:p:D
Sachin, because, as mentioned before, he dosen't have to be in good form if he wants to score. He is a bit more consistent. When it comes to Lara, he is more hit and miss. Sachin has a wider range of shots, better timing, better at improvisation and plays for the team.
Plus he can bowl :) .

Take a look at the 100 he has just made and you'll all see why he's the best. Fantastic innings coming off a run of poor form.

He now has centuries against every test playing nation.

Has equalled Don Bradman's 29 test centuries.

Currently Lara is better,few years back Sachin was way ahead.
Sachin injured for most months of the year and the rest he is out of form. :p

Lara's 400 was not for a winning cause!...most of Sachin's knock were for a wining cause.

So Lara or Sachin????
shrug.gif

What about Lara's 153*, 213, 277 all against the best team in the world? He has made other superb centuries including the 3 he's made this year, but it's not his fault the other 10 men on the team suck donkey's ass.

well only chanderpaul stands with him i would say. n gayle plays too fast n goes out quickly. but had a couple of good knocks this year like the century in one day vs pak. n 300 vs sa. n chanderpaul scores a little every match like 50 30. just being consistent. n the double century he had in first match vs sa n the century in last match. thats all the others suck.

as for india, i would say, currently only dravid and sehwag are playing by themselves , taking on the world.

Larra gone Kaneria!!!

46.3 Danish Kaneria to Lara, OUT: Heavy breating and puffing, loses
concentration and the ball goes through the gate and Kaneria takes
a vital wicket after quite a hiding

Ask Kaneria who's the best he's bowled to. I'm sure he'll say Lara, just as Murali and Warne said.:D

BC Lara said:
Take a look at the 100 he has just made and you'll all see why he's the best. Fantastic innings coming off a run of poor form.

He now has centuries against every test playing nation.

Has equalled Don Bradman's 29 test centuries.
Well what about the 100 tendulkar made in chennai in 98... What about the desert storm... What about the magnificient 88 in 40 odd balls against NZ when Tendulkar opened the batting for first time... What about 136 against Pak when his back was killing him... (Lara always had somebody when he won WI close matches... even Ambrose/Walsh gave him good stand in one tight match i remember... Indian tail is virtually like doberman's tail thats not tendulkar's fault) What about the tremendous 169 against SA. What about the innings against Pak in WC 2003... What about the double century when he was not in form and only played on side shots in Aus... What about his decision to stay with the team even after his dad's demise... Can Lara do that... If a player is ready to play a day after his dad's demise you still wouldn't call him a team player... how sad and sick!!

Offtopic but....Hey BC Lara,do u live at Miami,Florida?

BC Lara said:
46.3 Danish Kaneria to Lara, OUT: Heavy breating and puffing, loses
concentration and the ball goes through the gate and Kaneria takes
a vital wicket after quite a hiding

Ask Kaneria who's the best he's bowled to. I'm sure he'll say Lara, just as Murali and Warne said.:D
Excuse me but Warne already said Tendulkar is the best batsman he has ever bowled to... He even gave him nightmares... Perhaps Warne doesn't feel Lara is the best batsman he ever bowled to because Lara was cleaned up almost every time by McGrath and Warne didn't have mucj opportunity to bowl at him :)

Murali is a left handed bowler (off spinner) and a left handed (off spin) bowler will always love to bowl and dismiss a left hander rather than right hander...

BY saying all this I am not denigrating Lara.. Just saying that Tendulkar is better than Lara.

rahulk666 said:
Well what about the 100 tendulkar made in chennai in 98... What about the desert storm... What about the magnificient 88 in 40 odd balls against NZ when Tendulkar opened the batting for first time... What about 136 against Pak when his back was killing him... (Lara always had somebody when he won WI close matches... even Ambrose/Walsh gave him good stand in one tight match i remember... Indian tail is virtually like doberman's tail thats not tendulkar's fault) What about the tremendous 169 against SA. What about the innings against Pak in WC 2003... What about the double century when he was not in form and only played on side shots in Aus... What about his decision to stay with the team even after his dad's demise... Can Lara do that... If a player is ready to play a day after his dad's demise you still wouldn't call him a team player... how sad and sick!!

West Indies since the early have been known to have the worst set of tailender to have ever graced test cricket, and it's not The Prince's fault either. The Lara innings you are talking about is the 153* against Australia in 1999, and yes it was Walsh who stuck with him at the end. The same Walsh that holds/held the record for the most ducks in test cricket.

You seemed to have named quite a few one day knocks, distinguish between his great test innings and great one day innings for me if it's not too much work.

Just some great Lara test match knocks for you:

Test Matches:

153*
400*

Just off the top my head. Oh, and the 153* was rated by Wisden as the second greatest innings in test match cricket. Sachin didn't have one single innings in the top 100 at that time. And not much has changed since then. :D

bharat said:
Offtopic but....Hey BC Lara,do u live at Miami,Florida?

Nope.

Kingston, Jamaica.

dude . i live in st.lucia. hmm first person i know from the caribbean on PC.
and some one said earlier that murli is a left handed bowler is it true? are u crazy? i didnt know that. murli left handed? OMG LOL :noway

Satish555 said:
dude . i live in st.lucia. hmm first person i know from the caribbean on PC.
and some one said earlier that murli is a left handed bowler is it true? are u crazy? i didnt know that. murli left handed? OMG LOL :noway
Apologize for that but off spinner always loves to bowl at left hander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread