who is furture the captain for aussies

I think it will be Clarke. Hussey is 32, Haddin is 30 and probably wont get into the team for about another 2 years so he will be 32 and Ponting is 32, so Punter has about 4-5 years left in him so it will most probably be pup.

Micheal Clarke.
Othere well,it could be Andrew Symonds or even Brett Lee.

Lol, Symonds and Lee couldn't captain:p

Michael Clarke is a shoo in as long as he keeps scoring runs.

Lol, Symonds and Lee couldn't captain:p

Why not ?
Cause they haven't any previous epxerience ?
M.Clarke did well as the U-19 captain in 2000.Took Australia to the semis.
I think Lee will do a good job,but,the stakes seem to be highly in favor of M.Clarke donning the hat.

Why not ?
Cause they haven't any previous epxerience ?
M.Clarke did well as the U-19 captain in 2000.Took Australia to the semis.
I think Lee will do a good job,but,the stakes seem to be highly in favor of M.Clarke donning the hat.

Because they are both in their 30s and aren't even assured of Tests places after this summer.

This is the Cricket Chat forum not the jokes forum. Jokes go in there :p

Ponting won't retire for a while, so it's not a very pressing matter anyway. It all depends on form up until then, really. If Clarke was to go through another lean period and get dropped again, someone like Jaques could take front position. It'll be interesting to see what our batting line-up ends up looking like after Hayden, Gilchrist, Ponting, Hussey and Symonds retire. But I imagine it will be either Clarke, Jaques or one of the replacement batsmen.

Couldn't see it going to a bowler, and if it were to go to a bowler it would not be Lee. I imagine they try to pick captains who actually have a brain, an aspect where Brett falls down. With any luck the selectors should wake up to his lack of performance soon enough anyway and give him some time playing for NSW.

It'll be Clarke. Hopefully. I like Michael Clarke, he's a massively under-rated batsman in world cricket and i think is a perfect candidate for the next captaincy. Up the Pup.

Well unless Australia gets a couple of new stars in the next couple of years im thinking its michael clarke

It just has to be Michael Clarke.

He's performing really well at this point in time so he should hold on to his spot.

People have spoken about him as a future captain for quite some time now anyway

Ponting has even stated that Clarke should be his successor.

I'm sure that he will do a good job when given the chance

Clarke most likely, but Cameron White's cricket sense is one of the most respected in the country and a possibility provided he could eventually make the team (not entirely ridiculous to predict an early call up either, he is 24 and his FC average has just clicked past 40).

Clarke will get it.

He needs to toughen up though, perhaps put on some muscle and become a more demanding character on the cricket field like Tuggar & Punter.

Users who are viewing this thread