why Do people Hate BLC2007 For??

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yes I too agree BLIC 07 is not the worst game and IMO better than cricket 07. Of course there is flaw in the game and could and should have been better. But even I can go on and say negative comments about it as I am also cricket experts like others here LOL :D

I think there has been lot of bashing. Disappointment yes, unwanted bashing is waste :rolleyes:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
masterkhan06 said:
I hate this games because I can't see the ball land in the crowd.
it makes the game more fun.

Exactly and we want to see the ball smash into the adboards after a powerful four as well. Is there a variable in a config. file somewhere that could make the camera delay cutting back for a few seconds after a four or six?

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
OffStump said:
Exactly and we want to see the ball smash into the adboards after a powerful four as well. Is there a variable in a config. file somewhere that could make the camera delay cutting back for a few seconds after a four or six?

Yeah, that would be a nice add-on as sometimes you want to enjoy the ball completing the downward arc and bouncing in the stands for a 6 hit. BLIC 99 gave us a few additional seconds to admire the shot after hitting a 6 hit but BLIC 05 & 07 are lacking in this aspect as well.

dullahman

School Cricketer
I think it shows the ball going into the crowd for a brief second in the replay that follows after you have played the shot

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
It only shows you ball crossing the boundary in the air, it never actually shows the ball land into the crowd or bounce in the stands. Same with the boundary - you can only watch the ball get to the boundary, but not how the ball crashes against the boundary boards.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Thats why I love playing EA Cricket games Because they show the ball land in crowd But Brian Lara just make it boring all I see is the ball in the air and thats it.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
masterkhan06 said:
Thats why I love playing EA Cricket games Because they show the ball land in crowd But Brian Lara just make it boring all I see is the ball in the air and thats it.

Have to say that's EA's plus point, along with updated stats, stats tracking, user-created players, game modes (test series, tours etc.), and the option of choosing front & back foot shots while batting.

I think if EA can find the right balance between taking 1s, 2s, 3s and boundaries while scoring runs, and make AI a bit more intelligent & aggressive, it's gonna be a great game.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This game is terrible,, if you think its great then you are on crack.

dullahman

School Cricketer
Hooper said:

I wouldnt say its terrible..just a massive dissapointment. I dont think its great either, my vote is for EA. Although it does get boring really fast (BLIC).

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
masterkhan06 said:
Well by showing the ball land in the crowd you can see how poorly EA have implemented the crowd and it reveals many other bugs. Also the replay feature in EA's game makes it easier to spot the bugs like the batsman not holding the bat properly, the ball going through the bat sometimes and other deficiencies in then game.
BLIC by avoids exposing this by not making those features availaible in the game. So they dont need the 3D models and collision detection for each and every object in the stadium.

dullahman

School Cricketer
AbBh said:
..in EA's game makes it easier to spot the bugs like the batsman not holding the bat properly, the ball going through the bat sometimes and other deficiencies in then game.
BLIC by avoids exposing this by not making those features availaible in the game. So they dont need the 3D models and collision detection for each and every object in the stadium.

Not neccesarily. Their constant replay shows those bugs including the ball going through the bat and pads at times.

formula1man

International Cricketer
Hooper said:
Hoopers back. been wondering where you'd gone. haven't seen any posts for a week and a bit. btw i like BLIC07 and i'm not on crack. ea just don't do it for me they are just....... i can't find a word to describe them without swearing

villarich

School Cricketer
There are good points to this game BUT surely you can't overlook the many wonderful faults this game has! Developers are just not interested when it comes to producing cricket titles as they don't sell enough titles to get proper development time.

Being a test match fan I've reinstalled Cricket 04 on my PC. At least the computer autoplays at a realistic pace and it rains from time to time!

Users who are viewing this thread