willow.tv's shenanigans

shashiktkn

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hello guys bit of a problem with willow.tv. wanted to check if i was the only guy getting screwed. here is the story.

i started subscription in november (thinking i could watch India Vs Nz) but they did not have India Vs NZ and they never mentioned. So when I asked why I am not able to log into Ind Vs NZ they came up with BCCI is not sharing the stream and so Willow.tv cannot supply the feed and gave me credit for their mistake and then they said they will provide all ICC related and non BCCI related streams (meaning matches played in India under BCCI ownership will not be provided by Willow.tv).
Now today when i logged in to watch India Vs NZ, i got another shock. I don't have accesss to ICCWorld cup (even though willow.tv has already charged my credit card). here is what the said [i am copy pasting from my email account]

Thank you for writing in. We would like to propose an offer for ICC World Cup 2011 - Early Bird available at $129. Kindly write in your preference for us to provide you $30 worth coupon for you to purchase ICC World Cup 2011.

Now any idiot can deduce that the credit of $30 is because they are going to charge me $129 to watch ICC world cup which should have been provided with me subscription @15 per month. In other words Willo.tv is screwing me out of $99.

Has this happend to others? please let me know. I am considering serious action against willow.tv

Last edited by a moderator:

Sureshot

Executive member
All depends on what you signed up for, do you have a copy of the Terms and Conditions from when you signed up?

P

pcfan123

I stopped using willow a while ago, they are a bunch of crooks

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Willow cant provide the WC on the regular subscription of $15/month because they are getting their source from Dish and DirecTV, both of whom are offering the WC for $129. If Willow offer it for $15/month, no one will go to Dish or DirecTV. But Willow is compensating for that by offering 6 months of free access to their site.

Keep reading their site to see any updates in upcoming packages or existing packages. And know when your credit card will be charged again, and e-mail Willow asking them to cancel subscription. They will ask you for a phone number to call and force you to stay, but if you are good at not falling to their coercion, you can cancel it. Or provide them a Google voice number and dont pick it up (like sohum said in this forum) and they will cancel your account. But I think its worth to have the World Cup for $129 because we have India-England and India-Australia (both non-BCCI sponsored tours) coming up this year and with Willow's 6 month free access, we will benefit if we have Willow.

P

pcfan123

Got an email from Willow today basically boasting about how they shut down pirated cricket streaming sites.

Do they want a cricketing cookie? For everyone you shut down 10 more will open. It's a losing battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
Watching cricket on your laptop sucks anyway.

Pay the 130 and watch it on your TV. It's worth it, it only comes along every 4 years, and you'll get like 50 matches.

Params7

International Cricketer
Got an email from Willow today basically boasting about how they shut down pirated cricket streaming sites.

Do they want a cricketing cookie? For everyone you shut down 10 more will open. It's a losing battle.

I just checked most of the top quality illegal sub-based streamers, they're all up and working. As for the free ones those streams die everyday but are replaces just as fast. Lol @ Willow.

Sureshot

Executive member
Can we please refrain from discussing illegal streams, even if you aren't revealing details about them, it's inviting discussion about it.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India

Haha, I got two emails. :D

----------

Stay away from willow.tv if you can. If they give you trouble with cancellation, file a dispute with your CC company. Just make sure you have asked to cancel before they charge you for an extra month.

The WC was never going to be included as part of the subscription package. Will are trying to make the WC "free" by giving you 6 extra months of subscription after you pay for the WC upfront. I'm sure they'll try to screw you out of a month or two by counting the current month as one of the free ones (okay, unlikely, but I needed to make a point about their poor practices).

Personally, I chose to not pay Willow because the games are going to be at a godawful hour and I cannot justify paying so much money for them. They're too long (7 hours) to watch on DVR later, besides I would've known the results already. If you're actually planning to watch the games then you'll obviously have to put up some cash.

Users who are viewing this thread