Windows Explorer Problem

cricket_guru

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi

Every time I exit a folder from my laptop - I get this error:

Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Then when I click Don't Send, everything disappears except the background for about 2 seconds.

Does anyone know how I can fix this because it's getting a bit annoying?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, i have a run a virus scan and also attempted to run system restore which was unsuccessful.

Whats sfc?

Do you get a click here link at the bottom of the error message? If so could you click it and post the error information

Error signature
AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 02b567f0

Reporting details
This error report includes: information regarding the condition of Windows Explorer when the problem occured; the operating system version and computer hardware in use; your Digital Product ID, which could be used to identify your license; and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer.

Shall I post the error report aswell?

It is probably spyware or a virus.

Do a system scan using Spybot Search and destroy, and use a good antivirus to protect your system.
I would recommend Avast! free edition.

It could be something you've installed, I've read about similar problems after people had installed certain software but it could still be spyware/virus. Best thing to do is install hijackthis and post the output. It doesn't really remove stuff but it does show what's running maybe we'll spot something.

It could be something you've installed, I've read about similar problems after people had installed certain software but it could still be spyware/virus. Best thing to do is install hijackthis and post the output. It doesn't really remove stuff but it does show what's running maybe we'll spot something.

I will download it and get back to you but...

... I just realised that when i have Control Panel Open, I get no error messages what so ever but when I close control panel, I start to get all the errors messages again.

O2 - BHO: Okalis - {34B4DFE0-E110-4936-BE49-C4F3684FB458} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ugsaker.dll

Not sure what this is don't recognise the file.

Yes you are right Kev. That file is a bit suspicious.

I see you have got Norton Installed.. Why not disable that for some time, and try out Avast ?? Talking from personal experience, Norton sucks. :p

Users who are viewing this thread