Windows Explorer Problem

It very well seems a virus or something like that to me, and a malfunctioning virus at that. See the Modversion, that tells it all.

You really should abandon norton and try something else. It isn't worth even though its paid. Avast!, or Kaspersky for paid is what I would prefer.

It very well seems a virus or something like that to me, and a malfunctioning virus at that. See the Modversion, that tells it all.

You really should abandon norton and try something else. It isn't worth even though its paid. Avast!, or Kaspersky for paid is what I would prefer.

Thanking you all for your help.

I downloaded Kaspersky as Kshitiz_Indian suggested and everything seems to be running as it should be. Thanks Kshitiz_Indian.

Thanking you all for your help.

I downloaded Kaspersky as Kshitiz_Indian suggested and everything seems to be running as it should be. Thanks Kshitiz_Indian.
Excellent, out of interest if you run hijackthis now is that dll file still running?

Excellent, out of interest if you run hijackthis now is that dll file still running?

Nope - it's not there anymore.

I also checked Kaspersky and the dll file has been deleted by Kaspersky.

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, thats another file to remember as a problem one then :)

Always good to hear the what solved the problem as it helps for next time!

Yeah Kev, right it adds up to the list... though the list is so vast by now its hard to remember! :p
Oh yeah there are far too many to remember, Google is usually a better bet. But what I will remember in the future is the fault and then I am likely to remember that there is a thread here and that the thread is actually useful because we've had feedback on the solution.

I get the same error whenever I use Windows Media Player.

Users who are viewing this thread