Windows Live Mail Beta

If anyone wants MSN Messenger 8.0 I have 5 invites to give, just PM your email and I will send an invite.

Same here. I will give out a few of them if people PM me.

The best feature of it (i'm not sure if works 100% yet) will be the offline messages. Something that has been in Yahoo Messenger for ages but it allows you to send messages to someone that is offline and they get them as soon as they signin.

Does anyone else who has it find that it is much slower signing in than MSN Messenger?

Ste

I just got an offline message from a friend which was pretty nifty. But as you said its been around for ages but I use to get them with ICQ.

I agree it does take longer to sign in also opening it up takes a bit longer than usual.

Edit: I have no more invites. PM Ste if you want MSN 8 with your msn address.

Last edited:
I signed up to the BETA program a few weeks ago, now I'm using Windows Live Messenger. Pretty nifty in Green ;)

Anyone else get the "upgraded" messenger beta today? I was actually starting to like being able to have different colours for each user, this newer version seems more of a step back towards 7.5 to me, any thoughts?

Its alright. I like offline messages, very handy, a good substitute for email. I also started abusing it, spamming someone who had a go at me and blocked me :D ! As soon as they unblock me theyll get a truckload of messages. Oh well, it is very time consuming.
More interesting will be to see what they have done for hotmail.

kevmead said:
Anyone else get the "upgraded" messenger beta today? I was actually starting to like being able to have different colours for each user, this newer version seems more of a step back towards 7.5 to me, any thoughts?

Everything has gone backwards. I liked the new MSN logo and that colours thing. This update is of no use to me.

The new logo has lost the MSN "feel". It now feels integrated into the windows family, which is a bad thing. I always liked the fact that msn was (even slightly) detached from windows.

The new logo is basically like 7.5 but a bit different. I agree feels intergrated in once again. I was likeing that light green coloured MSN man.

The problem with the green man was you couldnt easily see what the status was.

It seems to sign on quicker for me which is a good thing. Havent been given anymore invites for it yet which is a shame though!

Ste said:
It seems to sign on quicker for me which is a good thing. Havent been given anymore invites for it yet which is a shame though!
I still got some, want me to send some to anyone for ya?

Users who are viewing this thread