World Cricket Alliance™ ::: Temporarily out of business!

Status
Not open for further replies.
17th Match - Combatant Cobras Vs Demonic Dragons

Tournament: T20 Tournament
Venue: Chelmsford, England
Pitch Type: Hard
Weather: Sunny
Temperature: Warm, 74?F

Combatant Cobras:

1. Brendon Hedger†*
2. Manoj Kumar
3. Michael Ng
4. Madhur Verma
5. Dan Thompson
6. Jono Choie (vc)
7. Avroneel Biswas
8. Juicy Thompson
9. Darko Simic
10. Insomniac Felipe
11. Bilal Butt

Demonic Dragons:

1. Akshay Sharma
2. Shawn Raje
3. Callum Gray
4. Sartaj McDaniel*
5. Andrew Peters
6. Zoraxis Nostradamus
7. Varun Rustagi
8. Harsh Shah†
9. Martin Saggers
10. Khurram Khan
11. Danny Veza

1_61.jpg

2_14.jpg

3_4.jpg

4_15.jpg

5_10.jpg

6_18.jpg

7_1.jpg

8_12.jpg

What a great game, ending in a tie. Cobras after being sent into bat got off to a slowish start with Hedger and Kumar getting starts. Madhur Verma scored a quickfire 30 off 9 balls to help the Cobras cause and a late partnership between JT and Darko gave them a total of 153. It was a par score which would need some great bowling to defend. Martin Saggers finally found some form as DD's domestic player taking 3 wickets while Varun after taking a 5 wicket haul early in the week and bowling 5 over's in the previous game also took 3 wickets. Akshay Sharma hit a run a ball 42 but it was Callum Gray's 52 off 33 balls which got Demonic Dragons very close but a great over from Jono Choie late in the game, only conceding 1 over proved to be vital as the game finished a tie. Avroneel Biswas's first game back after an extended break was good for him as he took 2 wickets in the final few over's that he bowled. MOTM went to Callum Gray for his vital half century that kept the Dragons in the game. A thrilling match which had everything and fans can go home satisfied with what they saw today.

Ok. They have decided to have a super over match to decide the winner of this match. Batsman for Combatant Cobras will be stand in captain, Brendon Hedger and explosive all-rounder Jono Choie and their bowler will be Juicy Thompson. Batsman for Demonic Demons will be Callum Gray and Akshay Sharma while bowler will be Danny Veza. It should be a great 2 over's of cricket here. Demonic Dragons will be batting first.

Demonic Dragons INNINGS

1 run scored. Callum Gray slog sweep but one bounce out to square leg and they get through for a single
6 runs scored. Akshay Sharma gets this one cleanly as he dispatches it over mid-wicket for six. JT does not look impressed.
3 runs scored. Akshay Sharma advances down the wicket and plays the ball out towards long on. It is really well placed as a widish long off comes around and cuts it off but he gets through for the third.
3 runs scored. Callum Gray with the sweep but is slightly mistimed and has ran very fine. They are trying to get all the runs they can get and just get home for the third.
4 runs scored. Akshay's second boundary as he cuts the short ball away behind point for 4.
2 runs scored. Akshay finishes off the innings with a couple as cover fields the ball.

And that's the end of the Demonic Dragons innings. They have scored 19 runs in the super over. Combatant Cobras will need to score 20 runs to win the match.

---------------------------

Combatant Cobras INNINGS

2 runs scored. Hedger finds the gap between deep point and deep cover and get through for an easy 2.
4 runs scored. Hedger isn't waiting around as he plays a superb straight drive, lucky not to miss the stumps on the way through
6 run scored. Hedger is now playing like McCullum when he hit his century as he scoops it over the keepers head and it clears the rope.
6 runs scored. Clears the front leg and smashes it over cover. That's huge. Two runs to win now.
1 run scored. Pushes it out to long off and an easy single. 1 to win off the final ball. Jono Choie will face his first ball of the innings.
1 run scored. Goes for the slog but gets an edge and a diving keeper gets to it before shying at the stumps but just misses as they get through for the single to win the game.

So the Combatant Cobras have won thanks to Hedger. They managed to chase down their target of 20.

So Combatant Cobras will come away with 3 points after winning in the super over, while Demonic Dragons will take 1 point to give the losers some sort of consolation while the Combatant Cobras won't take a full 4 points that they would normally get for winning.

Last edited:
I completely blew, shows what I can do on my day, shame the openers let us down
Flippin Callum
Can't believe it was a tie!!

Super Over?

bcvstheworld added 2 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

One hell of a match NTL.
We're a bit disappointed as we should have won this comfortably.
Good to see Callum find some form but we should have won this,really :facepalm

Ok. We will be having a super over. Captains name your 3 batsman and bowler. It doesn't really matter but it just makes it more interesting since I can edit the commentary to the player's names.

hedger_14 added 2 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

And since Mossy isn't playing, I'm going to name the players as I'm captain.

Batsman:

Brendon Hedger
Jono Choie

Bowler:

Juicy Thompson

Edit: Nevermind as there are no wickets in Yudi's sim so just name 2 batsman.

Last edited:
I getting much wickets but at the same time I'm very expensive.

What will happen after a tie?

I still meant name a bowler but just name 2 batsman instead of 3. Oh well, I'll just have Danny Veza as your bowler.

Ok. They have decided to have a super over match to decide the winner of this match. Batsman for Combatant Cobras will be stand in captain, Brendon Hedger and explosive all-rounder Jono Choie and their bowler will be Juicy Thompson. Batsman for Demonic Demons will be Callum Gray and Akshay Sharma while bowler will be Danny Veza. It should be a great 2 over's of cricket here. Demonic Dragons will be batting first.

Demonic Dragons INNINGS

1 run scored. Callum Gray slog sweep but one bounce out to square leg and they get through for a single
6 runs scored. Akshay Sharma gets this one cleanly as he dispatches it over mid-wicket for six. JT does not look impressed.
3 runs scored. Akshay Sharma advances down the wicket and plays the ball out towards long on. It is really well placed as a widish long off comes around and cuts it off but he gets through for the third.
3 runs scored. Callum Gray with the sweep but is slightly mistimed and has ran very fine. They are trying to get all the runs they can get and just get home for the third.
4 runs scored. Akshay's second boundary as he cuts the short ball away behind point for 4.
2 runs scored. Akshay finishes off the innings with a couple as cover fields the ball.

And that's the end of the Demonic Dragons innings. They have scored 19 runs in the super over. Combatant Cobras will need to score 20 runs to win the match.

---------------------------

Combatant Cobras INNINGS

2 runs scored. Hedger finds the gap between deep point and deep cover and get through for an easy 2.
4 runs scored. Hedger isn't waiting around as he plays a superb straight drive, lucky not to miss the stumps on the way through
6 run scored. Hedger is now playing like McCullum when he hit his century as he scoops it over the keepers head and it clears the rope.
6 runs scored. Clears the front leg and smashes it over cover. That's huge. Two runs to win now.
1 run scored. Pushes it out to long off and an easy single. 1 to win off the final ball. Jono Choie will face his first ball of the innings.
1 run scored. Goes for the slog but gets an edge and a diving keeper gets to it before shying at the stumps but just misses as they get through for the single to win the game.

So the Combatant Cobras have won thanks to Hedger. They managed to chase down their target of 20.

So Combatant Cobras will come away with 3 points after winning in the super over, while Demonic Dragons will take 1 point to give the losers some sort of consolation while the Combatant Cobras won't take a full 4 points that they would normally get for winning.

ooh, hedger's slogging saved us, although we had a scare when choie missed the last ball, but luckily their keeper fumbled then missed the stumps. :laugh

Lol. I just came up with that commentary to make it interesting. It's just that it's the same commentary for each type of run scoring. A single is an edge down to third man, a 2 is down to long off, 3 is quickly run after hitting it to long on, etc.

Dam Hedger in that super over.
Even though we lost it's my first MOTM, so I'm happy as I might have enough for the good training now.
Why didn't you bowl yourself in the super over bvcs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread