Story World Cup 1992 - played as T20: Match 3 ENGLAND V SRI LANKA

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
As I've finally completed the teams, I'm playing the 1992 World Cup. As a little twist, I'm playing them as T20s.

The format will follow exactly the 1992 tournaments, so a single group of 9 playing each other once and then the top 4 going into the semi-finals.

The 1992 World Cup is famous as the first tournament that used coloured clothing, white balls and floodlit matches. It was also the first World Cup that South Africa participated in.

I'll list the matches and videos here going forward.

A warm up match: Pakistan beat Zimbabwe by 78 runs

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Warn Up - Zimbabwe v Pakistan at Bradman Oval

(EDIT - This was originally match 1 but due to a logo issue I have had to restart the competition and will treat this as a warm up.)

Pakistan win the toss and bat first and make a solid start. Traicos is the only wicket taker for Zimbabwe, as he gets the openers Raja and Sohail each caught in the deep. An unbeaten 61 from Inzamam and 49* not out from Javed Miandad as they share an unbroken partnership of exactly 100 takes Pakistan to 166/2 from their 20 overs.
Zimbabwe fall behind the rate but at 51/1 from 7.1 overs they are still in the hunt. 3 and a half overs later, they're 65/8 and the match is all but over. They're finally dismissed for just 88 as Pakistan win by a huge margin of 78 runs and gain confidence for the tournament proper.

Last edited:

cmanbarto

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
As I've finally completed the teams, I'm playing the 1992 World Cup. As a little twist, I'm playing them as T20s.

The format will follow exactly the 1992 tournaments, so a single group of 9 playing each other once and then the top 4 going into the semi-finals.

The 1992 World Cup is famous as the first tournament that used coloured clothing, white balls and floodlit matches. It was also the first World Cup that South Africa participated in.

I'll list the matches and videos here going forward.

Match 1 - Pakistan beat Zimbabwe by 88 runs
That must have taken a while to make all those teams

Redfive

School Cricketer
How are you playing these? Batting/bowling as both teams or playing as lower rated side?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
How are you playing these? Batting/bowling as both teams or playing as lower rated side?

Played 3 matches so far and just played as the "home" team each time.

Dunno if it's the conditions or what but 3 matches without a proper edge most wickets being hit outs.. probably accurateish for t20 but quite boring to play tbh

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Played 3 matches so far and just played as the "home" team each time.

Dunno if it's the conditions or what but 3 matches without a proper edge most wickets being hit outs.. probably accurateish for t20 but quite boring to play tbh
Are you using the pre set competitions or playing games individually in casual match

fanirama

Club Captain
Those graphics and lighting are really bad but gameplay is definitely nicer than before. Also, where'd you find the 1992 uniforms? Those were the best IMO. I wish they'll have a future tournament with those uniforms with 0 ads on them. Hell, I'll pay just for no ads (oxymoron'ish but whatever)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Those graphics and lighting are really bad but gameplay is definitely nicer than before. Also, where'd you find the 1992 uniforms? Those were the best IMO. I wish they'll have a future tournament with those uniforms with 0 ads on them. Hell, I'll pay just for no ads (oxymoron'ish but whatever)

I disagree with the comment on graphics I think it looks lovely. I am using the retro filter which is better than default. I made the teams and kits and most logos. Unfortunately due to a bug some of the logos didn't display properly (I discovered during the 3rd match!!) So I will be restarting the competition today and the Pakistan Zimbabwe match above can be considered a Warm Up :)[DOUBLEPOST=1485594533][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you using the pre set competitions or playing games individually in casual match

A custom 9 match league with finals competition.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
@blockerdave I downloaded all your WC 92 teams and must say great job! I tweaked a few things in various teams, e.g. replacing Mark Waugh with Geoff Marsh is the lineup, making Mark Waugh and Allan Border Batting Allrounders so they could bowl a bit etc. IMO Pak batting lineup needed some tweaks as it had Wasim Akram set as captain when it should be Imran. Plus it had Salim Malik or Ijaz Ahmed set as wkt keeper instead of Moin Khan (who isn't in the starting XI and I had to bring him in).

It was fun to play with those teams and the kits look gorgeous. Though I wish the game looked better under the lights. Somehow the game is way too bright no matter which Gamma setting you select. IMO the game looked better under the lights on DBC 14 where the lights weren't so harsh & bright. Maybe something Big Ant ( @MattW ) can look at.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave I downloaded all your WC 92 teams and must say great job! I tweaked a few things in various teams, e.g. replacing Mark Waugh with Geoff Marsh is the lineup, making Mark Waugh and Allan Border Batting Allrounders so they could bowl a bit etc. IMO Pak batting lineup needed some tweaks as it had Wasim Akram set as captain when it should be Imran. Plus it had Salim Malik or Ijaz Ahmed set as wkt keeper instead of Moin Khan (who isn't in the starting XI and I had to bring him in).

It was fun to play with those teams and the kits look gorgeous. Though I wish the game looked better under the lights. Somehow the game is way too bright no matter which Gamma setting you select. IMO the game looked better under the lights on DBC 14 where the lights weren't so harsh & bright. Maybe something Big Ant ( @MattW ) can look at.
Thanks.

That is strange about the Pakistan line up.i will check that. Re the Australian lineup I took that it should be the semi final line up I think?? And yeah just noticed myself about Waugh and Border will fix that.

Play it on retro filter mate, it is much better than the default

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India

What to search for to download the 92 kits? What is @blockerdave's user name in academy?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
What to search for to download the 92 kits? What is @blockerdave's user name in academy?

Either search for username 'mrdconnors' or search for team name containing '%92%' and you will see all the WC92 teams. But download the ones created or uploaded by 'mrdconnors'.

Users who are viewing this thread