World Premier League - Round Two - Matches Posted

Tokyo Destroyers vs Johannesburg Jets @ The Flaming Dragon

Tokyo 2 | Beckham 35', Niang 39', Metzelder (sent off) 26'
Johannesburg 0 |
Attendance: 100,000
HT Score: 2-0
Referee: C.Zimmermann

Tokyo pulled through with a 2-0 victory at home against Johannesburg despite playing the majority of the game with 10 men. Cristoph Metzelder was dismissed for what appeared to be a deliberate elbow to the face of Andrey Arshavin in the 26th minute. This came after Filippo Inzaghi struck the bar with a vicious strike on 17 minutes. David Beckham gave the hosts the lead with a trademark free kick from the edge of the area. That lead was soon doubled six minutes before half time as Mamadou Niang broke past the Johannesburg defence to slot past a helpless Brad Friedel. Johannesburg attacked in the second half, with Jamie Carragher missing a golden opportunity to level, putting his effort over the bar from a few yards out. Johannesburg once again hit the woodwork as Frederic Kanoute put his header against the post. Igor Akinfeev continued to keep Johannesburg at bay late on, and even if Kanoute's last minute goal hadn't been ruled out for offside Tokyo would have taken the three points.

MotM: David Beckham

Hugo Lloris and van Nistelrooy out!?

This game is against me ffs... not like they are short injuries either, that is frustrating.

I'm going to swap Dida for Hugo Lloris, but I'm not impressed.

Argh! Torres out?

Refer to this post for my first match. Its updated and all. If you find any errors or if things are out of place (Players in their wrong playing position, etc.) then could you tell me.

Anyway. Good luck to whoever I have this week!

I have Benny McCarthy and Roque Santa Cruz both out with injuries and look at the result. I had many good chances to score but couldn't find a goal even against 10 men.

It was a fairly tight game. A fair result probably would have been 2-2. Carragher missed the best chance of the game when he skied his header from a couple of yards out.

Injuries are a bugger, but once the long term injuries that came from real life are over it will be much more manageable.

I have played the New York-Rome game and will post it up later today.

GK:Schwarzer

DC: Neill
DC: Gattuso
DC: Cole

MR: Cahill
MC: Fabregas
DMC: Frings
ML: Young

FC: Adebayor
FC: Drogba
FC: Trezeguet
Subs:
Lehmann
Guti
Joaquin
Alves
Pedersen
Reo-Coker
Note: When Ramos and Rosicky fit, squad will change

Tactics:

Philosophy (Very Rigid/Rigid/Balanced/Fluid/Very Fluid):Very Fluid
Starting Strategy (Contain/Defensive/Counter/Standard/Control/Attacking/Overload): Attacking

Passing Style (Short/Default/Direct): Short
Creative Freedom (Expressive/Default/Disciplined):Expressive
Closing Down (Press/Default/Stand Off):Press
Tackling (Cautious/Default/Aggressive): Cautious
Marking (Zonal/Default/Man): Man
Crossing (Float/Default/Drill): Default
Roaming (Stick/Default/Roam):Roam

Playmaker: Fabregas
Target Man: Drogba/Adebayor
Target Man Supply (Feet/Head/Run Onto Ball): Run onto ball

Roles:

Captain: Fabregas
Vice Captain: Adebayor

Penalties: Drogba
Free-Kicks: Fabregas
Corners: Young

P.S: Sorry for the delay trev

No worries mate, good to see you're still willing to manage the team. Had a bit of problem with a virus today and CoD: MW2 arrived so haven't had a chance to post up the NY vs Rome game. That will be next priority before getting Sunday's matches underway.

New York Fighters vs Rome Gladiators @ The Fighter Dome

New York 1 | Marchena OG 83', Evra (sent off) 89'
Rome 1 | Tevez 35'
Attendance: 100,000
HT Score: 0-1
Referee: M.Busacca

New York snatched a late point thanks to a Marchena own goal despite being on the back foot for most of the game. Rome took a deserved lead ten minutes before half time as Carlos Tevez smashed in a volley after a brilliant 40 yard pass by Richard Dunne to Robin van Persie set up the goal. Victor Valdes had to pull off a couple of fine saves before half time to deny Tevez and Diego. The second half was more evenly matched and on 83 minutes New York equalised. Andriy Shevchenko's cross was headed into his own net by Carlos Marchena to the disbelief of the travelling fans. Patrice Evra was given his marching orders with minutes to go for a second bookable offence, but Rome had little time to capitalise. Rome will feel aggrieved to have thrown away three points.

MotM: Gianluigi Buffon

OMG stupid Marchena, I can't swap him either coz I have no more defence.
Might go with a new formation, can someone tell me if any of my guys can go Mid defence

Defensive mid is a crucial position in this competition, mainly because of the lack of defenders (My fault when putting this list together last year - it was originally meant for 8 teams though). My formation has both Alonso and Essien in defensive midfield positions ahead of my back four, but with Metzelder's suspension I will now have to start Alonso in defense as he played for the majority of last game.

Your side doesn't really have a defensive midfielder. I have a confession to make also: Ederson isn't in your side. I accidently missed him out (Although I'm sure I didn't) when adding the players. I will look for a defensive midfielder from the other players (I think the original players stayed in the squad despite me removing them) and allow you to use him. Either a defensive mid or a defender.

Users who are viewing this thread