World Premier League - Round Two - Matches Posted

Sydney Force vs London Lions @ Sydney Riverside Stadium

Sydney 1 | Drogba (pen) 45+2'
London 1 | Fabiano 76', Terry (sent off) 84'
Attendance: 100,000
HT Score: 1-0
Referee: J.Laperri?re

Sydney and London came out with a share of the points as John Terry became the third player to be sent off in as many games in the World Premier League. Both sides shared chances in the first half but it wasn't until Steven Gerrard allegedly brought Didier Drogba down in the penalty area. Drogba brushed himself off to take the penalty himself and slotted it past the keeper. After the break Cristiano Ronaldo saw his free kick bounce back off the post but it took a substitution for London to find the equaliser. Just four minutes after Luis Fabiano was brought on he broke through thanks to a fine pass by Arjen Robben and made no mistake from 12 yards out. John Terry was given a second yellow for foul on Adebayor with six minutes still left on the clock. Both Joe Cole and Pato had chances to win it for their sides in the final minutes but neither couldn't find the net.

MotM: John Arne Riise

Paris Legends vs Berlin Giants @ Legends Stadium

Paris 4 | Aguero 16', 36', 69, Agbonlahor 88'
Berlin 2 | Maicon 27', Klose 86'
Attendance: 100,000
HT Score: 2-1
Referee: C.Chirchetta

Paris came away with a 4-2 win on the opening weekend of the World Premier League season largely thanks to a hat-trick from striker Sergio Aguero. The first goal came after 16 minutes as Wesley Sneijder played the ball to Aguero before he took it past Rio Ferdinand and put away his right footed shot. Berlin hit back 11 minutes later through right midfielder Maicon who pounced on Petr Cech's diving save. It wasn't long before Aguero used his pace to beat the Berlin defenders, after once again linking up with Sneijder, and curled in his second one-on-one chance of the half. Aguero could've had his hat-trick before half-time had Dida not pushed the striker's powerful effort past the post. Berlin had several chances to equalise through skipper Michael Ballack and John Obi Mikel and were made to pay just past the hour mark. Nicolas Anelka's curling shot struck the post and Aguero nicked in front of Ferdinand to put in the rebound. Miroslav Klose gave Berlin some hope with four minutes remaining but Gabby Agbonlahor, substitute for Aguero, broke on the counter attack to finish off the game with a couple of minutes left.

MotM: Sergio Aguero

In fact I am. Only because I played it last, but it is the most exciting and close match of the opening round. It'll be up later on tonight, hopefully.

Can you just hurry up? Your a shambles :doh. No ummm if I didn't win I won't send you the money!

Buenos Aires Falcons vs Madrid FC @ Buenos Aires el Estadio Nacional

Buenos Aires 2 | Forl?n 8', Lampard 58'
Madrid 3 | Xavi 56', 73', Tiago 84', Schweinsteiger (sent off) 23'
Attendance: 98,485
HT Score: 1-0
Referee: D.Wermilenger

Madrid had to come from behind twice to beat Buenos Aires despite playing over 65 minutes with ten men. Buenos Aires were given the worst possible start as David Villa was forced off after a kick to thigh in just the third minute. This proved to be a blessing in disguise, though, as his replacement Diego Forl?n scored the opener five minutes later. Bastian Schweinsteiger was then sent off for a two footed tackle which referee Wermlinger deemed to be dangerous despite the German international seemingly connecting with the ball. It wasn't until the 56th minute that the game saw another goal. Xavi pounced on the lose ball just outside the Buenos Aires area and smashed the it past Toldo into the bottom corner. Almost immediately Buenos Aires hit back to take the lead again, Mexes' headed clearance only reaching Frank Lampard who drilled the ball into the net from inside the area. Madrid once again regrouped as Xavi scored for a second time. He volleyed home after Tiago's powerful effort was tipped onto the bar by Toldo only to land at the Spaniard's feet. With six minutes left on the clock Madrid produced a winner. Zlatan Ibrahimovic laid the ball to Tiago who took one touch to get it out of his feet before unleashing a laced shot from 20 yards. The ball beat Toldo, crashed against the inside of the post and flew into the back of the net. Thierry Henry had a glorious chance to equalise in added time after he latched onto an awful back pass from Jose Bosingwa but could only hit his shot straight at Iker Casillas.

MotM: Xavi

Piss it, you have to be kidding me! I'm gonna shot Villa for being a woman!

Round Two matches are as follows:

Saturday 18th July
New York vs Madrid

Sunday 19th July
Paris vs Rome
Sydney vs Johannesburg
Tokyo vs Buenos Aires
London vs Berlin

If you don't wish to edit your line-up just post to say so, otherwise post any changes in players, formation or tactics.

New injuries (Taken on the Saturday):
David Villa (Buenos Aires) - Bruished Thigh - 1-2 days
Daniele de Rossi (Jo'burg) - Twisted Knee - 9-13 days

Players back from injury:
Gennaro Gattuso (Sydney)
Rafael Marquez (Buenos Aires)
Thomas Hitzslperger (Tokyo)
Dejan Stankovic (Buenos Aires)
Juan Rom?n Riquelme (Buenos Aires)
Aaron Mokeona (Jo'burg)

Suspended players:
Bastian Schweinsteiger (Madrid)
John Terry (London)
Patrice Evra (New York)
Christoph Metzelder (Tokyo)

Due to some of the teams that were replaced being in European competitions a few teams will be playing extra games. I will not cover these games and you will not choose formation for them. I will post scores but as far as I am concerned they don't matter until/if we make it into a second season.

Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round 1st Leg: London 5-0 Differdange.

This would be my formation

-----------------Given

Elano------Richards--Lescott--------Riise

-----------Gerrard(C)--Deco--------------

Ronaldo---------------------------Robben

-----------Rooney-------Fabiano

Formation: (e.g 4-4-2) 4-1-3-2
Changes

GK: Toldo

DR: Lucio
DC: Cordoba
DC: Gallas
DL: Marquez

DMC: Mascherano

MR: Messi
MC: Lampard
ML: Nani

FC: Henry
FC: Defoe

Subs: (7 allowed)
Coupet (GK)
Riquelme
Stankovic
Ze Roberto
Forlan
Podolski

Target Man: Defoe
Target Man Supply (Feet/Head/Run Onto Ball): Feet

Can you see if it's possible to make that defense work for me and if it does then that is my team for the next game, if not get back to me and I will make something new.

Users who are viewing this thread