World T20 Commentary Team

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
haha dint you see the list of commentators?
Here it is

Sourav Ganguly
Wasim Akram
Sanjay Manjrekar
Alan Wilkins
Harsha Bhogle
Nasser Hussain
David Lloyd
Ian Chappell
Simon Doull
Kepler Wessels
Ian Bishop
Ranil Abeynaike
Athar Ali Khan

There are some great ones above along with the usually crappy guys such as Athar Ali Khan

Wonderful team except for Ranil Abeynaike and Athar Ali Khan? Who are they?

Dada re Dada.... Ganguly is a commentator now! I read news that he will be doing expert analysis as part of the ESS team from the semifinals of this tournament. It would be wonderful. He has very good fluency of English language, and he is extremely knowledgeable of the game. Hope he makes a superstar commentator. I will miss Ravi Shastri and his 'Balle Balle' chants (he did that when Yuvraj hit those 6 sixes). I wont miss Gavaskar. Happy that Harsha, the superstar, is there! I hope he commentates for all Pakistan games and irritates the hell out of his haters.:p

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned

OH NO! Not Athar Ali Khan. He's honestly the most horrible commentator going around. I'm going to have to put on mute if he ever comes on.

Lacks Jeremy Coney to be honest. Rather him than Doully, but Doully isn't bad when he doesn't have to keep saying DLF maximums.

Jaccers is another guy i'll miss after the IPL.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I think there ought to be more guys doing the job.
During the last WC,we had Slater,Gooch,Nicholson and a few others too.
They might just divide it like last time,each ground having a separate team of 6 ppl.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I am very eager to see Saurav Ganguly. It seems he is going to be out there interviewing the players during the semifinals and the final. If India comes to the semifinal/final, would we see Saurav interviewing MS Dhoni? Or Harbhajan Singh? It would be fantastic.

Insomniac

Title Recipient

Dada re Dada.... Ganguly is a commentator now! I read news that he will be doing expert analysis as part of the ESS team from the semifinals of this tournament. It would be wonderful. He has very good fluency of English language, and he is extremely knowledgeable of the game. Hope he makes a superstar commentator. I will miss Ravi Shastri and his 'Balle Balle' chants (he did that when Yuvraj hit those 6 sixes). I wont miss Gavaskar. Happy that Harsha, the superstar, is there! I hope he commentates for all Pakistan games and irritates the hell out of his haters.:p
Ah well, we still have Sanjay Manjrekar. Can't believe he still has a job and hasn't been killed by the Sachin worshippers after he "suggested" Sachin might be faking an injury.

Can't insult the god now, can we.

King Cricket

International Coach
am very eager to see Saurav Ganguly. It seems he is going to be out there interviewing the players during the semifinals and the final. If India comes to the semifinal/final, would we see Saurav interviewing MS Dhoni? Or Harbhajan Singh? It would be fantastic.

Same here, pal. I am damn sure that Dada will make a terrific commentator. Waiting eagerly for that day. Go Dada!!!

Last edited:

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Lacks Jeremy Coney to be honest. Rather him than Doully, but Doully isn't bad when he doesn't have to keep saying DLF maximums.

I think Jeremy Coney did commentate today in Westindies-Australia game...I'm pretty sure he was there.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Yeah, Jeremy Coney was commentating today.

Also heard some Anil Kumble today... and Harsha.

I guess the positive and negative evens them out slightly...

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
We need a young fresh Aussie in the box like a Slater. Just doesn't sound right having Chappell as the only Aussie in the commentary box.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
One guy missing in commentary is Dean Jones!! Would listen to him any day over Ian Chappell...it was a nightmare listening to Chappell and Kepler Wessels at the same time.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Slater has good relations with ESS. Wonder why he was left out.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Slats is good,maybe he is ill.

Jumbo was a pleasant surprise and seems like he is here to stay for long...:happy

Also,Gavaskar and Shastri are still with ESS,they are on leave though. Just saw Gavaskar at a Cricinfo web commentary launch yesterday. If he was at the Cricinfo launch,it but obvious that he has not left them.

The Worst

Anyone heard yesterday's commentary in Ban v Ind ?
Manjrekar and Ali Khan were absolute bores...
They kept on repeating words - I swear the following two words were drilled into every spectators head.-

Bangaldesh - giant killers
Ashraful -enigma :mad:

Maybe we should write to ESS against Manjrekar and AA Khan,they are not ESS material.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Wait for Sri Lanka game and you hear Ranjit Fernando.

Users who are viewing this thread