Worlds best spinners .

WHo is the best spinner in the history of cricket ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think a better comparison would be between Ajmal and Saqlain.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah but Saqlain is old , I am talking about the future .

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I want to play a over off ajmal bowling. :p

Imagine most of the seamers you think are fairly nippy in whatever cricket you play in. Then imagine that ball is actually drifting through the air, dipping into a bounce and then ripping off the pitch... Oh, and it might go either way and you won't have a clue until it spins.

Basically, imagine you've never had sex before. Never even seen a female body before and your hands are stuck together with super glue behind your back. The hottest, most stunning woman throws herself at you, but she demands you rubber up first. The packet is sealed, with selophane, and you have just 60 seconds before she wanders off. I don't know if that helps at all, but it would probably be a fairly accurate representation of your complete and utter confusion and frustration in trying to pick, read, play and score runs off a world class spinner.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ajmal is 34 and Saqlains 35. A year doesn't make Saqlain 'old' and Ajmal a future youngster.

I said Saqlain "old" because now he don't cares anything about himself , his fatigue, his improvement on deliveries everything has finshed of him , I know "old" was the wrong word to use .

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
i think will make more sense to have swann or another leading spinner here. Narine is still new and unproven against the best teams.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Basically, imagine you've never had sex before. Never even seen a female body before and your hands are stuck together with super glue behind your back. The hottest, most stunning woman throws herself at you, but she demands you rubber up first. The packet is sealed, with selophane, and you have just 60 seconds before she wanders off. I don't know if that helps at all, but it would probably be a fairly accurate representation of your complete and utter confusion and frustration in trying to pick, read, play and score runs off a world class spinner.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc22/jpwanabe/gifs/clap.gif

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I said Saqlain "old" because now he don't cares anything about himself , his fatigue, his improvement on deliveries everything has finshed of him , I know "old" was the wrong word to use .
It's interesting though because Saqlain is a perfectly good example of a player not enjoying a career of steady or predictable growth. He was an excellent offie, then with the doosra he seemed unplayable; but after a while batsmen understood what he was bowling and the decline was imminent. Disguising the doosra begun to dictate how he bowled off breaks. He lost some of the qualities that got him wickets without a doosra. Spinners have to protect their stock ball from their variations; it's true for leggies every bit as much as doosra bowlers. Sometimes, once you lose your loop, you just can't get it back.

macintosh

Club Captain
To be honest, I have always had doubts over Ajmal's action, I know the ICC has cleared him, but its hard for me to believe that his action is clean, I have seen quite a few videos of him, I really don't think his action is legal.
I m a huge fan of Saqlain and I don't think I would compare Ajmal with him, Saqlain was way better and his action had no problems either.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Imagine most of the seamers you think are fairly nippy in whatever cricket you play in. Then imagine that ball is actually drifting through the air, dipping into a bounce and then ripping off the pitch... Oh, and it might go either way and you won't have a clue until it spins.

:lol:clap world class analogy puddle..

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Narine, purely for the fact that I don't like arm benders (even if its legal and unavoidable).

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Attend poll also and one reason I didn't said Pranav to add Muttiah Muralitharan because he's the best .

Users who are viewing this thread