Worlds best spinners .

WHo is the best spinner in the history of cricket ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Ask Afridi to bowl against decent to good teams in any form of cricket and you will see how good a spinner he is. He is converted himself into a decent bowler, definitely not world class. Hafeez and Hogg? Hafeez might be going through a current purple patch with the ball, but world class? And is Hogg still playing? Even if he did, Stuart MacGill was a better spinner than Hogg.

Ashwin is no way near world class yet. He needs to trouble good teams at home, and also trouble teams outside of home. But he has the makings.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Lol this is a stupid thread at first and then to make it more stupid, they have added a very fantastic poll in it. Hafeez? Afridi? WTF? Don't know much about Jim Laker so can't comment much about him. As someone said before, if you are including Afridi and Hafeez then why not Ashwin, Ojha, Herath and Price? And if you are including Ajmal then why not Murli? Totally useless.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Laker was one of the best English spinners ever, if not the best.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Lol this is a stupid thread at first and then to make it more stupid, they have added a very fantastic poll in it. Hafeez? Afridi? WTF? Don't know much about Jim Laker so can't comment much about him. As someone said before, if you are including Afridi and Hafeez then why not Ashwin, Ojha, Herath and Price? And if you are including Ajmal then why not Murli? Totally useless.

If you think that this is a stupid thread then why are you posting in it ? don't you have control in your hands just typing useless :facepalm as I said before, Murali is the worlds best spinner in the history of cricket , so whats the sense of including him ? Afridi, Hafeez are including becasue they are much more better bowlers than you mrntioned ....

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
If you think that this is a stupid thread then why are you posting in it ? don't you have control in your hands just typing useless :facepalm as I said before, Murali is the worlds best spinner in the history of cricket , so whats the sense of including him ? Afridi, Hafeez are including becasue they are much more better bowlers than you mrntioned ....

Well I live in a country which allows me to write and share my thoughts with everyone and also I can write anywhere. I don't need anyone to tell me that I should have control on my hands rather that person should control their excitement before creating such a useless thread. And if you really think that Hafeez is better then Ashwin and Herath then my friend, you need to review your cricket again.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well I live in a country which allows me to write and share my thoughts with everyone and also I can write anywhere. I don't need anyone to tell me that I should have control on my hands rather that person should control their excitement before creating such a useless thread. And if you really think that Hafeez is better then Ashwin and Herath then my friend, you need to review your cricket again.

First of all sorry for the quick offence , then I didn't saw Ashwin in top 3 odi bowlers , neither Herath .:spy

Epic

Panel of Selectors
First of all sorry for the quick offence , then I didn't saw Ashwin in top 3 odi bowlers , neither Herath .:spy

Since you're all about the rankings, I'll give you a lesson. ;)

Test Bowler Rankings
5e21c6e08a524181b79aa1e.png

Herath is #2 as far as spinners go.

ODI Bowler Rankings
4275df1a9222477284e2a82.png

Ashwin is #3 as far as spinners go.

----------

Why is Botha not in the poll? He's ahead of Afridi in the T20 rankings. :rolleyes

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Why is Botha not in the poll? He's ahead of Afridi in the T20 rankings.

Well now he is after Afridi playes one more match he'll again climb the firs position , tell me which players you want I'll ask any moderator to make one as you wish .

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Well now he is after Afridi playes one more match he'll again climb the firs position , tell me which players you want I'll ask any moderator to make one as you wish .

Why don't you understand? We don't want to add or remove any players but if you will add players like Afridi and Hafeez then there are better spinners in the world right now then them. But again, there is no point of discussion about that on this thread as you have titled it as who is better, Ajmal or Narine? Again, regarding title, you can't even compare both of them because Narine came in international cricket last year where Ajmal is playing from quite a while now.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Voted for Hogg because he was the only one who din't get a vote yet.

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
I consider Saeed Ajmal the current king of spin while Ashwin or narine[more chance] the future king of spin.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
1-Saeed Ajmal
2-Shane Warne
3-Graeme Swann
4-Sunil Narine
5-Jim Laker
6-Brad Hogg
7-Mohammad Hafeez
8-Shahid Afridi

This List Includes Only Poll Players :) & I Have Ranked Them :)

----------

Ashwin Or Narine Can Become The King Of Spinners In Future And If Raza Hassan Get More Chances He Can Give A Fight TO These Two

Bevab

Staff Member
Narine's better than Laker?

One word. Meh.:facepalm

Epic

Panel of Selectors
1-Saeed Ajmal
2-Shane Warne
3-Graeme Swann
4-Sunil Narine
5-Jim Laker
6-Brad Hogg
7-Mohammad Hafeez
8-Shahid Afridi

This List Includes Only Poll Players :) & I Have Ranked Them :)

Ajmal over Warne, joke of the year right there.

Last edited:

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
The thread title is slightly misleading. I voted based on who is the best spinner at the moment.

If you were talking about spinners through the ages, such as Laker and Warne, than why is Murali, or Saqlain, or Mushy not included in the poll?

Users who are viewing this thread