Would you guys pay for an expansion pack?

Are you willing to pay for a codemasters expansion pack?

• Yes

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Yes, but only if they deal with the A.I.!

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters

Steeev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The first cricket game I ever played on my PC was the original Brian Lara Cricket.
The graphics were naff, and the shot physics pretty shoddy, but I loved it.
One of the reasons being that there was an expansion pack available for it, on one floppy disk that had all of the players and teams from the English Counties and Sheffield Shield. It was also possible to change/update the players as needed, keeping the game feeling current.
I've read a lot of the threads in these forums, and I have to agree that the main flaw in the game is the dodgy A.I.
My question is: If Codemasters brought out an expansion pack, with Domestic Leagues for the test nations, an improved A.I. patch and the ability to change names and stats, thus allowing it to be personalised more, would you be willing to fork out some of your extra hard-earned cash for it?
I would! And seeing as how many units they've sold, it would make sense to expand on this game, rather than just relying on people buying the next edition in a year or so's time.

Yes, if it was priced under ?15, dealt with AI, bowling speeds, more up-to-date squad lists and added stats (quite fussy aren't I)

One of my all-time favourite games had a wonderful expansion pack that really improved the game. Geoff Crammond's F1 GP3

I definitely think they should be considering this, and for a team who have been working with the code for a long time, it should be fairly easy.
Unless they're going to go the way of EA Sports - bring out basically the same game year after year, with slight improvements in graphics, and more licences, and charge full whack for it.

i think it would be a great idea. however i doubt they can get the liscenses becasue they have already been brought by EA Sports hence why they didnt have countie teams in the original release

True, but that's the great thing about being able to edit the team/players. The great people on this website overcame the problem of the unlicensed names on the first day the game came out.
Just stick phoney names in, and let us do the rest.
At least on the PC, anyway. :onpc

Users who are viewing this thread