Wrestling Dangers and Deaths

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok I was huge wrestling fan in my younger days and would argue as long in the favour if someone called them fake. Then I saw a show which showed how every trick (even blood) are performed and thenI just watched wrestling for enjoyment and to look for all the things that were told in that program.

But even then these guys are having tough life. They are on road 300 days a year without any off season and one wrong move and they can suffer injuries. They use lot of pain killing injestions that the bodies get used to them and also they use drugs to keep themselves on high before matches.

In 90s their was inquiry into drugs abuse by these wrestlers in WWE. Von Eric brothers deaths are famous for drug abuse. So what do you think about the dangers of wrestling and drugs abuse.

Famous Wrestlers That Have Died Since 1985 Before the Age of 65.
Chris Von Erich - 21
Mike Von Erich - 23
Louie Spiccoli - 27
Art Barr - 28
Gino Hernandez - 29
Jay Youngblood - 30
Rick McGraw - 30
Joey Marella - 30
Ed Gatner - 31
Buzz Sawyer - 32
Crash Holly - 32
Kerry Von Erich - 33
D.J. Peterson - 33
Eddie Gilbert - 33
The Renegade - 33
Chris Candido - 33
Adrian Adonis - 34
Gary Albright - 34
Bobby Duncum Jr. - 34
Owen Hart - 34
Yokozuna - 34
Big Dick Dudley - 34
Brian Pillman - 35
Marianna Komlos - 35
Pitbull #2 - 36
The Wall/Malice - 36
Emory Hale - 36
Leroy Brown - 38
Mark Curtis - 38
Eddie Guerrero - 38
John Kronus - 38
Davey Boy Smith - 39
Johnny Grunge - 39
Vivian Vachon - 40
Jeep Swenson - 40
Brady Boone - 40
Terry Gordy - 40
Bertha Faye - 40
Billy Joe Travis - 40
Chris Benoit - 40
Larry Cameron - 41
Rick Rude - 41
Randy Anderson - 41
Bruiser Brody - 42
Miss Elizabeth - 42
Big Boss Man - 42
Earthquake - 42
Mike Awesome - 42
Biff Wellington - 42
Brian Adams (Crush) - 43
Ray Candy - 43
Nancy Benoit (Woman) - 43
Dino Bravo - 44
Curt Hennig - 44
Bam Bam Bigelow - 45
Jerry Blackwell - 45
Junkyard Dog - 45
Hercules - 45
Andre the Giant - 46
Big John Studd - 46
Chris Adams - 46
Mike Davis - 46
Hawk - 46
Dick Murdoch - 49
Jumbo Tsuruta - 49
Rocco Rock - 49
Sherri Martel - 49
Moondog Spot - 51
Ken Timbs - 53
Uncle Elmer - 54
Pez Whatley - 54
The Angel of Death - 54
Eddie Graham - 55
Tarzan Tyler - 55
Haystacks Calhoun- 55
Giant Haystacks - 55
The Spoiler - 56
Kurt Von Hess - 56
Moondog King - 56
Gene Anderson - 58
Dr. Jerry Graham - 58
Bulldog Brown - 58
Tony Parisi - 58
Rufus R. Jones - 60
Ray Stevens - 60
Stan Stasiak - 60
Terry Garvin - 60
Boris Malenko - 61
Little Beaver - 61
Sapphire - 61
Shohei Baba - 61
Dick the Bruiser - 62
Wilbur Snyder - 62
George Cannon - 62
Karl Krupp - 62
Dale Lewis - 62
Gorilla Monsoon - 62
Hiro Matsuda - 62
Bad News Brown - 63
Bulldog Brower - 63
Wahoo McDaniel - 63

They choose to do wrestling. Not to mention they rake in the cash from it. It's the risk that comes with the job.

No offense meant, but you have to be ever-so-slightly crackers to do what they do!

Renegade never had any known drug related problems, his girlfriend left, and he was fired by WCW after WCW tried to make him The Ultimate Warrior. When that failed he floundered around for 3 or so years before being fired in 1999.

In Candido's case his wife had a drug problem, he was fired from WCW when cocaine was found in her bags. His sad death came from a blood clot after a broken leg suffered in TNA.

All professions have their draw backs, wrestling seems to cop a lot more then others due to some people thinking it's real, and the rest having a problem with it being fake. There were a few wrestlers in the 80s that were on drugs (watch Beyond The Mat, it's a good doco on wrestling.)

I feel wrestling gets an unfair rep, drugs aside there's a lot of wrestlers that haven't touched drugs, or even gone near them. WWE during the 1980s had a lot of steriod abuse, ECW had a few stars that would use some rec drugs.

WCW didn't have much of a drug policy.

i would do what they do the buzz must be amazing but you have to be strong and say no to the drugs even though your body would still go through a lot

My whole family hates wrestling. Even i because it cause too much violence between the young generation.

I can see the number of early deaths from wrestling decreasing soon due to the crackdown on drug use in the business. That will have been a large part of why some of those guys died. Now you can get found out and fired, so it is less likely.

It is still dangerous though

I think the wrestlers are getting better work dates now days then the guys back in the 1980s. A lot of the reasons they were on drugs were because of all the demands on them, they were getting injured more because they were wrestling more shows then one should do....I mean look at Jake Roberts and his comments during Beyond The Mat

Kerry Von Erich's suicide was a result of him facing jail he had also lost part of his leg to a crash and when things started to fall apart he shot himself. Renegades suicide was a result of his being released by WCW and his girlfriend leaving him which his suicide was a week later.

I think wrestlers should have a counsellor to help them deal with a few issues, and a few younger wrestlers being given some guidance as well being schooled in the life of a professional wrestler.

This could lead to less drug use...

Ok I was huge wrestling fan in my younger days and would argue as long in the favour if someone called them fake. Then I saw a show which showed how every trick (even blood) are performed and thenI just watched wrestling for enjoyment and to look for all the things that were told in that program.

blood is not fake they cut their heads using blades. they are not pussies. blood capsules are only used when they are shown to bleed from the mouth.

some of the blood they don't use blades either there was a vid around of Joey Mercury getting smacked in the face by a ladder against the Hardyz that wasn't meant to happen

To be fair I'd rather die being famous at a younger age while making millions of dollars then die at an older age while living an ordinary life.

Living in your 70's or 80's would suck.

some of the blood they don't use blades either there was a vid around of Joey Mercury getting smacked in the face by a ladder against the Hardyz that wasn't meant to happen

Accident happen. These guys do suffer some of worst injuries. Poor JM is not even seen these days while his partner is superstar in ECW.

Users who are viewing this thread