Wrestling thread

The Rock

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Apologies, Great One - you most certainly can sing. Yep, so unfair! You never would've guessed it by Monday Night's evidence. You can still sing well even if you're singing loud, y'know - I've done it myself many times. If he can sing that well, why not show it in his Rock concert? I don't get that. Never mind, eh?

He is the most electrifying man for a reason afterall! He does the movie promotions, acts, appears on shows and does other stuff when he's not on Raw. And he's got to do so much of traveling with the WWE. Maybe he's kinda tired with the hectic schedule as he isnt not used such a heavy schedule since 2003. That's the reason maybe why he couldn't give his best.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
can anyone tell me who is the girl with epico and primo?
and someone can explain aksana and long thing?

Params7

International Cricketer
I was at Raw last night, my first WWE event and it was amazing. I have a sore throat now because of the chanting/screaming. Btw Miz came out after the show ended and insulted Philly's sports teams and offered to help Rock by his ringside at Wrestlemania, then Rock came out and rock bottom'd and people's elbow'd Mizz.

Also Kane's entrance scared the crap out of everybody, the explosions come with no warning and they are LOUD. During the Cena vs Henry match, half the stadium was chanting Cena sucks and other Go Cena and I was obviously part of the Cena Sucks chants. Fun night.

Last edited:

The Rock

County Cricketer
I was at Raw last night, my first WWE event and it was amazing. I have a sore throat now because of the chanting/screaming. Btw Miz came out after the show ended and insulted Philly's sports teams and offered to help Rock by his ringside at Wrestlemania, then Rock came out and rock bottom'd and people's elbow'd Mizz.

Also Kane's entrance scared the crap out of everybody, the explosions come with no warning and they are LOUD. During the Cena vs Henry match, half the stadium was chanting Cena sucks and other Go Cena and I was obviously part of the Cena Sucks chants. Fun night.

I had been to a Raw taping two years back. No matter how many wrestlers botch or how many storylines suck, it turns out to be a good experience over all. And Kane's pyro didn't disappoint that day either!

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeNZcricket

School Cricketer
Jericho's promo was pretty awesome IMO. He sold the apologetic tone really well and then.....CM Punk's sister haha. I'm still not entirely interested in Undertaker vs Triple H at the moment but I'll give it some time.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Jericho's promo was pretty awesome IMO. He sold the apologetic tone really well and then.....CM Punk's sister haha. I'm still not entirely interested in Undertaker vs Triple H at the moment but I'll give it some time.

The trouble with that match is it's going to be partially spoiled by this 'PG' rubbish. A HiaC match should be bloody and brutal - when was the last time we saw any blood in the WWE? It's just so sanitised these days. I remember a match, might have been at the Rumble many years back, between HBK and HHH - Stone Cold said that they both looked like extras from 'Chainsaw Massacre' (or similar) afterwards - which they did. That's proper WWE.

Having said that, it's not going to stop Wrestlemania from being amazing.

----------

Yeah, I definitely want to go to a WWE event at some point, sounds like a proper laugh. Wouldn't sit near the front though - the people down there seem just a little bit unhinged to me. :D

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Was a massive wrestling fan just post the Attitude Era, but sort of left track after the Cena domination. Having never watched the Attitude Era at its peak, I cant really comment on it but what we see now is utter rubbish. Sure there is potential but when your three main events contain 4 superstars that are near retirement you know the current crop is crap.

IF the rumours are true and we somehow get Brock I might be prepared to give this another go.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Yep. The Rock, Stone Cold et al have never and will never be adequately replaced. WWE was definitely better ten years back.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I don't really follow WWE anymore but I do watch Wrestlemania every year, at the very least. The Taker-HHH match was a good one but I'm getting tired of the streak. What's the point of even watching if you know he's going to win (yes, I know it's staged, but you know what I mean)? I wanted HHH to break it once and for all because it's just getting ridiculous now. Rock-Cena was also a good match. Not the best wrestling but the atmosphere was great and they put on a good show. Didn't watch the other matches.

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
That was a WOW! Wrestlemania! Dint expect Taker to continue his streak, Cena to actually lose, Kane to win...........! The Streak and Once in a lifetime match were simply brilliant....Sad for Cena, who couldn't believe as well that he lost.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well, I wasn't going to post spoilers in case anyone hasn't watched it - but above poster has, so...

Wrestlemania was indeed one for the ages. The Rock/Cena match was one of the best I'd ever seen, some of The Rock's moves were unbelievable. Awful mistake by Cena, that lost him the match for sure.

Triple H vs Taker didn't disappoint either, despite my PG misgivings. HBK was a very interesting factor in the match and the way it all ended was perfectly suited to the passing of such a great era. I can understand why Taker won - the streak has gone on for so long now and 'undefeated at Wrestlemania' sounds so much better than 'only one defeat at Wrestlemania when he's inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Rock, come back to the WWE! It needs you and as the chant goes:

'You still got it!'

JBlues08

Club Captain
That was a WOW! Wrestlemania! Dint expect Taker to continue his streak, Cena to actually lose, Kane to win...........! The Streak and Once in a lifetime match were simply brilliant....Sad for Cena, who couldn't believe as well that he lost.

Deserves it. Just hate that guy!

And Daniel Bryan is no longer the World Heavyweight Champion!! :D

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Cena should never have tried to copy The Rock's move - that was the mistake which cost him the match. Before that, I though Cena had The Rock - but that mistake let the Great One back in. Rock was fantastic though - he's so fast for such a big guy!

RAW should be fun tonight - but I'm not looking forwards to being saddled with John Laryngitis in RAW and Smackdown now! What the heck was that Hoe-ski Eve thinking of??

Users who are viewing this thread