Wrestling thread

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The card for WM is great this year. Taker vs Michaels, Edge vs Jericho, Cena vs Batista, HHH vs Sheamus, Punk vs Rey and ShowMiz vs Truth/Morrison all promise to be entertaining matches.

It does have something to do with skill. Cena isn't the best wrestler going around but he does have charisma and he has the look of a champion. He is probably the hardest working guy in the company. Hardy was never given 100% support by the creative team because he isn't a reliable guy. I think he got suspended before Wrestlemania 24 for smoking pot or something. He's facing drug related charges currently.

Also Orton vs DiBiase vs Rhodes

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Sheamus seems to have a good career ahead of him. His wrestling technique seems good to me, and I have a feeling that he can make a good face as well if used properly. Because at the moment, he looks a bit of a comedy when he speaks, and all he does is come to the ring, give the big boot to the face, shout barbarically and gets a match.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Also Orton vs DiBiase vs Rhodes
The build up for it has been underwhelming. I don't know why they put them in a triple threat. DiBiase and Rhodes aren't supposed to be rivals. Though I guess that is the plan post-Wrestlemania going by the match format.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Kofi Kingsten - MIB
Cena - WWE Championship
Edge - Heavyweight title
Ray - Punk vs Ray
Rhodes - Legacy vs Orton
Taker - Taker vs Shawn
HHH - HHH vs Sheamus
Bret - Bret vs Vince
Showmiz - Tag team gold
Good Divas - Good vs Bad Divas

Sheamus seems to have a good career ahead of him. His wrestling technique seems good to me, and I have a feeling that he can make a good face as well if used properly. Because at the moment, he looks a bit of a comedy when he speaks, and all he does is come to the ring, give the big boot to the face, shout barbarically and gets a match.

He needs a tan or else we need shades. :p

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
It of course to do with skill. That's why someone like Snitsky never made it. Not only is it about wrestling skill, it's also about a wrestler's ability to tell a story. An example of this would be Hulk Hogan, who you could argue was technically poor, but he could tell a story exceptionally well. It's also about who gets the crowd going with their charisma, for example a real top face like Cena will get the crowd cheering big time while a top heel such as Randy Orton will cause a stir and get the crowd booing. Additionally, it's about a star's commercial value. Cena has great commercial value to the WWE - he sells shed loads of merchandise and is the sort of star who can appear in movies and make WWE public appearances very successful. Furthermore, WWE stars have to be able to work well with their colleagues in the ring. Someone who is hard to work with in the ring and stiff will rarely last long due to other wrestlers not wanting to work with them. Overall, to be a top star in the WWE (or TNA even) you must combine nearly all, if not all of these characteristics (without being both face and heel, obviously). A mid-card wrestler like R-Truth or Vladimir Koslov only have a few of these and has them to a lesser extent (such as ability to get the crowd going). Any wrestler who has only one or two of these characteristics is almost doomed from the start and will end up being released pretty quickly.

That pretty much sums it up perfectly.

sd92

International Coach
Thank you, Steve.

As for WM26, which I am actually quite excited about (having not read any spoilers for almost 3 weeks in order to not ruin it) I will be back in the morning to post my predictions. Sadly I can't get as much sleep as I'd like, so that I can stay up till 4am, so hopefully I'll be able to catch a nap in the afternoon :p

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
-(Unified tag team championship) ShowMiz V John Morrison & R-Truth
ShowMiz, having them on both brands works nicely although Jerishow was better.

-Ted DiBiase V Randy Orton V Cody Rhodes
Randy, probably give him some momentum as a face.

-Money In The Bank: MVP V Evan Bourne V Christian V Kane V Kofi Kingston V Dolph Ziggler V Jack Swagger V Drew McIntyre V Matt Hardy V Shelton Benjamin
Christian, guessing he lost the ECW title for a reason.

-Triple H V Sheamus
Sheamus give his career another boost with a win at WM.

-(No Holds Barred) Bret Hart V Vince McMahon
Obviously Hart, will be outside interference for Vince but Brett will come through.

-CM Punk V Rey Mysterio
CM Punk, the hair vs mask match seems to be on the cards so this is the way to make that happen.

-(WWE Championship) Batista V Cena
The lead up suggest Cena and it'll be good seeing what Batista does when he loses the title.

-(WHC) Chris Jericho V Edge
Could go either way but the way Edge has gone in the lead up I'm leaning towards Jericho.

-(NO DQ) Undertaker V Shawn Michaels
Taker, possibly outside interference to give HBK a comeback path.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
-CM Punk V Rey Mysterio
CM Punk, the hair vs mask match seems to be on the cards so this is the way to make that happen.

Your only predicition I disagree with, well if Rey does lose they certainly won't be taking his mask off, they will find a way around it.

sd92

International Coach
Chris Jericho(c) vs. Edge
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
Batista(c) vs. John Cena
Money In The Bank Ladder Match - Christian
Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon
ShoMiz(c) vs. John Morrison and R-Truth
Triple H vs. Sheamus
Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Ted DiBiase
Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk

sd92

International Coach
ShoMiz bt. John Morrison & R-Truth to retain the Unified Tag Championships - Prediction Correct.

sd92 added 14 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Randy Orton bt. Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes. Prediction incorrect.

sd92 added 11 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Jack Swagger won the Money In The Bank ladder match. Prediction incorrect.

sd92 added 21 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Rey Mysterio def. CM Punk. Prediction correct.

sd92 added 19 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Bret Hart def. Vince McMahon. Prediction correct.

sd92 added 15 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Chris Jericho def. Edge to retain the World Heavyweight Championship. Prediction Correct.

sd92 added 35 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

John Cena def. Batista to win the WWE Championship. Prediction correct.

sd92 added 45 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Undertaker def. Shawn Michaels. Prediction correct.

Last edited:

Lee1981

International Coach
You guys do know that wrestling is fake dont you, i mean i was like 11 when i realised it was all bollox, surely you are not all under 10 are you, if there are adults amongst these posts you seriously need to see a doctor, i cant believe some of the stuff written here, im actually laughing to myself thinking about adults talking about this ████.:rtfl:laugh:laugh:laugh

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
You guys do know that wrestling is fake dont you, i mean i was like 11 when i realised it was all bollox, surely you are not all under 10 are you, if there are adults amongst these posts you seriously need to see a doctor, i cant believe some of the stuff written here, im actually laughing to myself thinking about adults talking about this ████.:rtfl:laugh:laugh:laugh
Thanks man, the only problem is, my Doctor is also just 9.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Your only predicition I disagree with, well if Rey does lose they certainly won't be taking his mask off, they will find a way around it.

I was thinking they would have a confrontation on Smackdown about Rey joining SES which would lead to Rey offering that match. Obviously not going to happen that way, might still end up on the cards later on.

Looked like a night for the faces with HHH winning. Forgot all about Swagger and it certainly came out of the blue. Taker v HBK match was a ripper, loved the ending with Taker ordering him to stay down a bit like what HBK did to Flair.

Users who are viewing this thread