WWE coming to PC?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's the most tenuous of information, but there's been a snippet apparently that if true means that the console version of WWE is coming to the PC in the near future. :)

WWE '13 might be coming to PC - Digit Technology Discussion Forum

Has anyone heard anything more concrete?

thqfiscal-515x294.jpg

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'm not getting my hopes up too high, not after they cancelled the last WWE game that was supposed to be appearing on PC - but that game was a PC exclusive. If this goes ahead, it'll be the same title as the consoles.

Probably a stupid question, but what do you mean by 'TWR stuff'?

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Isn't TWR that WWE game with poor GFX quality and gameplay? Was a decent game still, because it was the only one on PC/

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Isn't TWR that WWE game with poor GFX quality and gameplay? Was a decent game still, because it was the only one on PC/

The only WWE game I remember on PC was WWE Raw:

images

I think the gameplay was better than a lot gave it credit for, but the content was truly awful.

Bevab

Staff Member
The only WWE game I remember on PC was WWE Raw:

images

I think the gameplay was better than a lot gave it credit for, but the content was truly awful.

TWR was a mod for Wrestling Mpire. And obviously that game is waste.:D

----------

BTW, I was referring to WMP.

Ra-One

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Use Emulators For WWE Smackdown vs Raw the best WWE Game :thumbs

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
TWR was a mod for Wrestling Mpire. And obviously that game is waste.:D

----------

BTW, I was referring to WMP.

I'll be so happy if this actually turns out to be true - imagine how awesome it'll be! And with PC modding, we're sure to have unlimited rosters!

The Rock

County Cricketer
Will this game be named as WWE 13? Cause I just saw a leaked video of the PS2 game with the same name releasing this summer. Looks like they will be releasing the same one for PC.

Probably a stupid question, but what do you mean by 'TWR stuff'?

TWR stands for The Wreck Room, the ones who modded the one and only official WWE Raw PC game. There are many versions of that game like Raw '07,'08,'09, All Stars, TNA vs WWE, etc.

And btw, if you haven't tried TWC4, you better go for it! Its a freeware and can be found on the internet. It basically has everything - Backstage politics, drugs, movie role offers, gym, love and of course, wrestling. There are six different promotions like Raw, SD!, TNA, ROH and more. Dunno why Bevab found it crappy.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Will this game be named as WWE 13? Cause I just saw a leaked video of the PS2 game with the same name releasing this summer. Looks like they will be releasing the same one for PC.

Wha... wait. It's coming out this summer? I hope so! Where did you see the video - and don't you mean PS3 version? :) I believe it will be called WWE 13 since they dropped the 'Smackdown vs Raw' name and just went with plain WWE for the last game. If it is coming on PC, looks like we've joined the party at just the right time!

Presumably, FY13 means 'fiscal year 13'. I have no idea what fiscal year means - the only year I know about is the one that starts in January and ends in December. ;) Do the WWE games usually come out in the summer? I wouldn't even mind waiting a few months as long as they release exactly the same version on PC.

If this is true and it does well on PC (which I'm sure it will), then there's hope yet for games like Fight Night to be released on PC as well. :)

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member

TWR stands for The Wreck Room, the ones who modded the one and only official WWE Raw PC game. There are many versions of that game like Raw '07,'08,'09, All Stars, TNA vs WWE, etc.

And btw, if you haven't tried TWC4, you better go for it! Its a freeware and can be found on the internet. It basically has everything - Backstage politics, drugs, movie role offers, gym, love and of course, wrestling. There are six different promotions like Raw, SD!, TNA, ROH and more. Dunno why Bevab found it crappy.

The features are obviously great. But the gameplay and graphics are not so impressive.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Yeah, I checked a youtube video and I wasn't impressed with it. Still - if the proper WWE game's coming to PC - well we've waited since RAW, so another few months or a year won't make any difference. :)

----------

Hmmm...

Is it going to be the proper WWE 13 game, or this:

http://www.digitalgathering.com/ind...cussion/1282-wwe-wrestlefest-for-pc-confirmed

Doesn't sound as though it's got as many features as WWE 12 - but it is coming for the consoles as well.

THQ has officially confirmed other platforms for WWE WrestleFest HD. The publisher announced that the remake is currently in development for Xbox 360, PS3, PC and Android.
THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced the release of WWE WrestleFest, a faithfully recreated 2-D experience for iPhone and iPad based on the well-known WWE arcade game made popular in the 1990s. Complete with current-day WWE Superstars, prominent WWE Legends, an extensive downloadable content program, Road to WrestleMania progression play and multiplayer functionality, WWE WrestleFest is available now through Apple's App Store for the suggested retail prices of US $2.99 (iPhone) and US $3.99 (iPad).

Ugh - progression play! That means following a linear storyline - what we want is the complete WWE Universe mode from the current WWE game! Then again, the press release doesn't name a game, it mentions 'Annual WWE Game', so maybe they're going to change the franchise name again? Doesn't seem to make that much sense to release two 'current' WWE games for the same platforms. I'd be really worried if 'WWE Wrestlefest' is a PC exclusive, but it appears not to be.

Well, if it is coming, it's coming soon. ;)

Edit: This is what the iPhone version looks like, for what it's worth:

OK, my anticipation for this has just gone through the floor:

In addition today, THQ also announced WWE WrestleFest is in development for additional platforms, including Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation Network for the PlayStation?3 computer entertainment system, Android and PC, with a currently scheduled release window of calendar year 2012.

It's an Xbox LIVE Arcade game - this is probably what's coming to the PC, not WWE 13. I hope I'm wrong. :(

Edit: I'm pretty sure now if we do get a PC WWE game, it'll be some watered down crap - the WWE 13 trailer makes no mention of the PC. Yet the Wii is mentioned. :facepalm.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
OK, that's confirmed then. Good news: WWE is definitely coming to PC. Don't get excited, read on. ;)

Bad news:

WWE WrestleFest on Steam

I doubt we'll be getting the proper WWE 13 game and I'm twice as pissed about that as there are strong rumours that it's going to feature content from the Attitude Era. Yep.

Meanwhile, you wanna see the whining going on in the WWE game forums! At least it's released on the stupid machines.

Users who are viewing this thread